Lets See If You Are Real Smoker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in 1976 I found a guy with the best thai stick I ever had, In Country or Out. :woohoo: They were $25 each, for a 4 gram stick, thats was $150 for the oz and I bought all he had :D

Nowadays, $150 wont get you much, but in 1976 you could get a pound of good colombian or gold mexican. Today those thai sticks are long gone, but a pound of columbian would cost $800 or more today, so I guess you could venture to say I have spent a whopping $800 an oz :shocked:

BTW, I forgot to add, I havent needed to buy anything other than nutes and seeds in more than 20 yrs :farm:

i dont understand,,how does the amont you send on bud have any thing to do with you being a real smoker ,,,i got a buddy in nyc that has paid over 600$for a oz of diesal ,,but is he a real smoker,,,,i would say no,,an oz last him about a month ,,,,the amont you spend on pot has nothing to do with you being a real smoker,,the amont you spend on weed only tells if your a fool or Desperate ,,,i spend nothing on weed and will out smoke 90% of the people i know ,,,,p,l,r

$35 a gram?!?! This is why I agree with the ideology of this site, in reference to being against commercial growers. Because, there's no reason, beyond greed, why a gram or an oz should cost that much. Jesus, you'd think the pharmaceutical companies were selling it.

First off,

Properly grown Marijuana Sensimilla is expensive to produce.

Factors:

1. Power. can I say "WOW".

2. Water

3. Soil (I use Sunshine Mix #4) OR GH Coco.

4. Food. sure, you can go and get the cheap stuff and mix it all together...or make you own microbes...mine you own Humic shale ect...but why do all that when you can pay out the butt for it?

5. Materials. Most medims (Pots/rockwhool) can become expensive. Specially if you have 50+ plants. Which is easy if you want a good PERSONAL strain stock.

6. Labor. Regardless of outdoor or indoor growing good bud is WORK. unless your setup is legit (self sustaining) or you have someone else helping you.

7. Preparation. Trimming is a pain in the butt. Packing and properly curing is not too easy a task either. When you are talking in the pounds area it can become quite a bit of work.

8. Paranoia. Need I elaborate? Cops and Non-Law enforcement thieves.

9. Market. How can you compete with gangbangin thugs who set the market value? Globally? Weed is still around 50 whatevers an 1/8 in most countries I have been to.

10. Unless you are a complete stoner (myself) you should not really need more than an OZ a month. Prices vary buy are usually still significantly lower than using Parms (If they are truly needed) to relieve whatever ailment you are currently suffering from.

...By the way, correct me if I am mistaken but:

9. The sale of marijuana or the discussion of sales is not allowed here.

Just wondering.

hey puffinafatty,,thanks for the trip down memory lane,,,thi stick man used to pay 35$a stick,,,hey why with all the seed companys does not none of them have thi weed seeds?????p,l,r

rasta said:
hey puffinafatty,,thanks for the trip down memory lane,,,thi stick man used to pay 35$a stick,,,hey why with all the seed companys does not none of them have thi weed seeds?????p,l,r

keep searching, some of the seed companies do offer thai, but few folks want to grow it, sometimes 20 weeks + in flower to get it right. lots of crosses use thai genetics. I have some seeds of the best I ever had, but only grow it once every 4-5 yrs. Probably my #1 favorite of all time :aok:

effin gee... it is against the rules to talk about sales... there was no sale on this product :D and they only talked about buying, not selling lol

bombbudpuffa said:
$0

Around $150. Around here bud is in abundance. Any kind you want and if you know the right folks you can get it dirt cheap.

That's amazing.there's only schwag around here (except for in my closet :p)

they're trying to charge 30 an 1/8th for it too...lol

400 from a cali club. i dont remember what kind so it must not have been that great. i havent bought since i started growing, and at this point i'm not sure i could find better:hubba:

350 good weed
130 Mids

i'd like to get some OG Kush and if i'd have to pay 500 for it i might... but i might just grow it instead

The Effen Gee said:
First off,

Properly grown Marijuana Sensimilla is expensive to produce.

Factors:

1. Power. can I say "WOW".

2. Water

3. Soil (I use Sunshine Mix #4) OR GH Coco.

4. Food. sure, you can go and get the cheap stuff and mix it all together...or make you own microbes...mine you own Humic shale ect...but why do all that when you can pay out the butt for it?

5. Materials. Most medims (Pots/rockwhool) can become expensive. Specially if you have 50+ plants. Which is easy if you want a good PERSONAL strain stock.

6. Labor. Regardless of outdoor or indoor growing good bud is WORK. unless your setup is legit (self sustaining) or you have someone else helping you.

7. Preparation. Trimming is a pain in the butt. Packing and properly curing is not too easy a task either. When you are talking in the pounds area it can become quite a bit of work.

8. Paranoia. Need I elaborate? Cops and Non-Law enforcement thieves.

9. Market. How can you compete with gangbangin thugs who set the market value? Globally? Weed is still around 50 whatevers an 1/8 in most countries I have been to.

10. Unless you are a complete stoner (myself) you should not really need more than an OZ a month. Prices vary buy are usually still significantly lower than using Parms (If they are truly needed) to relieve whatever ailment you are currently suffering from.

...By the way, correct me if I am mistaken but:

Just wondering.

sounds to me like you've sat down and figured this out before. i believe that mj can help people with my whole heart, so if i believe that then it would be wrong for me to try charge people for it.

if i had a cure for cancer it would belong to the world free of charge. i do what i do because i believe in the power of the plant not the dollar. jmo

sowmo77 said:
sounds to me like you've sat down and figured this out before. i believe that mj can help people with my whole heart, so if i believe that then it would be wrong for me to try charge people for it.

if i had a cure for cancer it would belong to the world free of charge. i do what i do because i believe in the power of the plant not the dollar. jmo

While you make a point, you have to see what fng is saying. If you did develop the cure for cancer, and gave it to a nonprofit organization, they would still have to charge something for it. It costs something to produce anything, unless it's a breathing pattern, or an exercise. So I would have to agree with him, it's gonna cost something, no matter what.

Latest posts

Back