Lone girl in from the cold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkkent

Reaction score
Well after finding out that 2 of my 3 plants were male and disposing of them, I have decided to move from the garage to the closet. It's just to damn cold out there and too hard to keep up with making her cozy warm.

So she's inside now all alone in her new home. I put an outlet in the closet so no wires are showing :) I installed a bathroom exhaust fan that vents into attic, covered the walls with those emergency blankets from the camping section (they're mylar and were only $1.50 each).

Right now there are 3 2600 lumen cfls and 3 1600 cfls. The space she is in right now is about 2.5 sq ft so that should do. But I do have 2 more 24" floros that could go in.

I trimmed off some browned leaves but she still shows the signs of abuse out in the garage :( but all in all i think she'll be alright. and she's gotta be loving it in the house.

If you have comments or suggestions I'm all ears. And I'm about to order some seeds for when she's done I can start a real grown-up grow lol

door.jpg

inside.jpg

sad plant.jpg

Haha my grows ALOT like yours....space blankets, closet grow, one female just starting to show pistols, cfl's. Thats cool :) Good luck with your grow man...Ill be sure to keep up with this one! :)

Wow! What a difference a day inside has made!:holysheep:
Check her out. The pic in the first post was taken literally right after bringing her in from the cold. It was about 40 degrees in the garage, had to be.

Now she's inside in her new home at a comfortable 77 degrees and she's showing how much she likes it. She's standing straight up and spread her leaves out. That really is incredible to me. *shrug*

I do have a question though. Some of her leaves are brownish/dead on the sides and tips. Do I need to prune those off or anything?

And how important is it that I put a little fan in there? She's pretty sturdy already and has a nice sized stem.

Thanks for the input in advance.

100_1064.jpg

thats a pretty cool before/after shot! are you planning to flower her with CFLs??

Yeah, I don't have anything else so she'll continue flowering with the cfls

I have some curling leaves...gonna go check one of the guides to see if I can find a solution. I think she needs some water though

i think you could stuff 2 more plants in there, one on each side of that lady in the middle there, get a nice green top canopy for dem lights :)

What strain is that right there? or is it bag seed? what kinda temps do you get in there without a intake fan? Lookin stellar so far, are you still vegging or are you flowering yet?

I think youd get better results if you mounted the lights horizontally instead of vertically, more light area :) then just use something to prop up your bucket real close too em, like a book or something u dont care about that gets wett

yeah, my next grow there will be more plants, but she is the lone survivor of 3. the other two turned out to be male.

she's in flower right now...i have to take some pics cuz she has bud sites and buds starting all over. she's waaaaay more bushy and waaay more buds than my first grow in the summer so this should turn out cool.

and it's just bag seed. my next grow is going to be better, i'm gonna spring for some beans so I know what i'm getting.

and i was thinking the same thing about the lights but would like some more feedback. i do have two 24" floros that I was thinking of adding in that would mount on the walls *shrug* but she seems to be doing pretty well right now

the title is eye catching... sorry about the balls but 1 female is better than none

wow she is defiantly looking better after being in that cold.

great job bringing her back bro!

Yo Ho clarkkent,
She sure did perk, LOL you go sit in that 40*degrees for as long as she did, and I'll bet you perk too. LOL Can Hardly wait to see how she is in 2 weeks.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Looks great :D Ill be watching her grow with you. Good luck

just a few pics to keep everyone updated. btw, thanks for looking

she seems just fine. still losing some of the original/older leaves that were damaged by the cold, but she has lots of new growth on top and bottom.

the flowers are really coming in. i tried to count them but i stopped after 15 bud sites :rolleyes: if she keeps going like this it'll be a fine day when she gets harvested

i do have some wilting new growth leaves under the older bigger leaves. wondering if I should go ahead and put in a little fan to circulate the air more. i really haven't had to run the exhaust yet

100_1068.jpg

100_1069.jpg

100_1070.jpg

:hairpull: grrrrrrr, stupid plant. this thing is growing so much, so fast! which is good, but she's dumb, lol

yesterday i swear there was a good half inch between her and the lights. this morning i wake up to find her with her goods pressed up against it! move the lights up and she's burnt herself or should i say 'browned' herself on the damn thing.

nothing that's gonna kill her or really hurt bad but she was so pretty...now she's scarred. *shakes head*

is this growth spurt normal? do i just keep moving the light? i've read about stretching and stuff, i dunno. maybe it's not really a big deal. but it's like everytime i give her a good watering, she shoots up an inch or so in like a day or two.

It is Normal for the plant to shoot up like that!! I had to move my CFL's up right before the lights went out, because of the sprout of a inch or so..

All though my 4 footer I had, I had a girl laying right on her through her flowering stage and she was just fine ..
The middle of the bulb wasn't hot just the ends..

looking real good man , almost looks like we are growing the same strain? what strain is it? do you know by chance

she's still growing. starting to get a decent amount of crystals around the upper buds. i know to check the trichs with the microscope but how long are we talking about till she's ready?

last time i grew i harvested when they were just starting to become cloudy and it was a very high, like head high. it almost makes you hyper. and they were scrawny buds, very stringy. so i'm assuming that she needs to go for a while longer than i previously thought.

*shrug* any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back