Micro stealth grow with CFLs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oke managed to get pics up...here we go..

Ok so I was bored and the other half is doing dinner so thought i'd amuse myself with an update. We're into week 4 now. Looking ok.

New pics to show how well its doing. no sign of sex yet.

The cupping of the leaves is still there. 2 days ago I gave it a small dose of Wilkos Wonder Grow: 16 - 10 - 27 plus trace elements incase it was Mg deficency. But there is no change. Some leaves also have a dry brown shiny patch on. I tried to take some pics (4th pic) but it didn't come out too well.

I also noticed some weird nodules on the stem base (pic 5). What are these?!

SP_A0397.jpg

SP_A0398.jpg

SP_A0399.jpg

SP_A0400.jpg

SP_A0405.jpg

still looking pretty healthy bro... baby plants are so hard to keep happy once she gets alittle bigger im sure she will pull out of it.. maybe try backing off the nutes just water for awhile how close are your lights dumb question i know but just curious.. and temps?

temps hover around the 75F mark and I generally have the lights between 1 and 2 inches away from the plant. As the lights are in bendy desk lamps their pretty simple to move as the plant grows. Thanx for stoppin by bro :)

Thorn said:
I also noticed some weird nodules on the stem base (pic 5). What are these?!

Those are the beginnings of roots. Your plant senses that something is "different" with the LST, so it is going into defense mode. It's waiting for any dirt to get next to it and will sprout viable roots in no time.

That's the sign of a good healthy plant. Nuttin to fuss over at all.

Pot Belly said:
Those are the beginnings of roots. Your plant senses that something is "different" with the LST, so it is going into defense mode. It's waiting for any dirt to get next to it and will sprout viable roots in no time.

That's the sign of a good healthy plant. Nuttin to fuss over at all.

Thanks for that info, i did wonder if they could be as they reminded me of the roots on my spider plants.

So would it be a good idea to top up the soil on that side slightly to get them roots growing or does it make no difference?

you could add some soil but it wont really make a dif. atleast i dont think so. other than the small problem with your leaf, id say you have a nice little grow going man.

Disco94 said:
Anything New?

Nope, just those pics a took 2 days ago. I'm eagerly awaiting sex...to find out the sex of the plant that is, not waiting for some sex to happen lmao! I also put an afghan seed in to germ 2 days ago, but no cracks as yet :(

Hey bro nice little set up you have there looks good to me :hubba: on the one with the roots getting ready to pop i would add a little more soil there make a little mound of dirt around it to cover them up But all and all looks great i love using cfls they are great are you gonna bud with them too?
good luck with the grow bro be around again to see how it goes peace

pics! pics! pics! lol hope you get sum females man i hate waiting for that!

Sticky_Budz said:
Hey bro nice little set up you have there looks good to me :hubba: on the one with the roots getting ready to pop i would add a little more soil there make a little mound of dirt around it to cover them up But all and all looks great i love using cfls they are great are you gonna bud with them too?
good luck with the grow bro be around again to see how it goes peace

Easy bro! Yea gonna bud them with the cfls, i do have a hps but just can't use it in the tiny space i have here as the temps would be far too high and i dont have means to ventilate more than i can now. hopefully pics to come later as i'll be doin the 4th step in LST and i shall top up the soil for those new roots :D

pics to come then later :D

Ok sorry guys i didn't take any pics last night as phone needed charging :( but taken some just now as it was going to bed. Pics are really crap cos i thought i'd take some in natural light but for some reason they came out all blurry grr!

Last night I LSTed the top down for the 3rd time, and I also LSTed an up and coming cola (hopefully) at the stalk end. She had a big watering last night so is looking a bit limp so hopefully i'll have better pics to come in a few days :)

Got my first waft of something green last night :D before it jus smelt plantish lol

SP_A0412.jpg

SP_A0413.jpg

SP_A0414.jpg

damn shes getting big thorn a wee bigger then my indica bagseed.. any sign of sex yet?

nope no sign of sex yet GG, thanks for poppin by. It's got alt. nodes and has only jus started to smell. it'll be 5 weeks tomorrow that its been in this set up, and including the week it was on the window ledge it will be 6 weeks old. I think I read someone like kingkahuna say they start showing sex between 6 and 8 weeks, so i'm hoping for some action over the next week or 2 :)

ya should pop soon i think alice took like 4 -7 weeks to show , cant remember.

I love looking at the pics of this grow. The LST looks good

well im out of MP jail. lol! wheres the updates!!

No sex yet? 12/12 doesn't seem to show sex any earlier like GG thought it would. Plant looks really good. Plants in veg seem to have less problems then when they go into flower. This is where good nutes come into play. I switched to DNF nutes this grow and found the plants stayed nice and healthy throughout the whole grow. Just have to go easy on the ferts though. The lst looks good too, that will keep her nice and low. CH

lol crazyhorse... worked faster for me.. just depends on your strain and set up i guess.. my first plant took 6-7 weeks to show its sex being properly veged and flowered... alice took 4 weeks.. seems like alittle bit different to me...

also... the point of 12/12 from the start isnt entirely to sex early.. its quite nessasary for micro grow's and space restriction it makes your plants a wee bit smaller especially under nothing but CFL's... and the over all grow takes less time from sprout to harvest.. its been tested and proven.. of course once again veg + flowering is a way healther more natural way of doing it with bigger better results...

GG

Quick update as i'm on my way out. Doing well...the LST is proving itself now as lots of tops keep emerging through the canopy. I LOVE lst!!!! Anyway just 2 new pics... Oh yea those leave that were cupping are really bad and dry now, but all growth above that is perfect :)

I'll be back for chat later...keep it chilled :D

Ok the pic attachment uploader is being stupid so you only got one pic for now. second one i'll add later cos i really gotta get out lol

byeeeeeeee

Edit.. Updated so now has 2 pics. Next pics will be at the weekend for the 6 week mark :)

SP_A0442.jpg

SP_A0443.jpg

Latest posts

Back