My cat ran away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red-Eye Jedi

No clue what I am doing
Reaction score
I am so bummed. I have 2 cats and a dog. Out of the 3 I have had one of the cats the longest. I have had him for 9 years, longer than any pet I have ever owned.
I am getting new carpet this week and today was tearing out the old carpet. He must have got out when I was lugging old carpet out the door. I just spent the last 2 hours looking for him.
I am totally sick about it.

What would Yoda do? Use the Force..........Mind your thoughts, and put out your cat's favorite food by the door you think it went out of........

So your cat is not an outside cat, I take it? Kinda like the Sandworm in the Beatlejuice movie, huh?

Seriously, man, I really am sorry about your cat. I know how sick it makes you feel. I think it will show up soon. It's gotta eat sometime. Same thing has happened to me it it turned out alright.

Let us know if you find it..........Good Luck........

PB:)

My black cat knows where her dish of pricy food is!
Males are a little different.........I'm sure he'll be home tonight! He's an older cat, don't worry! If cat's don't go outside, when they have the chance , they take it. He will return by the same door he left, I'm sure.

Here kitty, kitty..........

Is your cat Fixed?? If not Mating is a rite of passage for adult males, Don't worry if you treated your cat with devotion and respect, you can expect that in return. I have an outdoor male and he comes and goes as he pleases. Sometimes it won't be for 2 weeks but he always returns to say hi and stay for a while. I wouldn't worry about some tragic accident to happen as cats are too smart and too cautious for that to happen. Believe me your Cat loves you and will return.. proof of this... when you pet your Cat does He become an instant purr machine, thought so.. I wouldn't worry too much. Cats will Be Cats....

yea man....I feel your pain.....at the start of the year my 15 year old male dissappeared....he used a cat door to come in and out of....and I never saw him again.....I loved him but he was pretty old......but your situation sounds much different....I have just recently adopted a baby manx(he's six months old now) and I just started letting him explore the back yard yesterday for a couple of hours.....it makes me nervous because he's been strictly inside for 4 months.....from the sounds of it....your cat will come back.....but I definitely feel your pain....

I feel your pain too have been through the same thing before but she came back when it was time to eat good luck and hope she comes back peace

Hey I'm not trying to be a smart *** but you did check the rug u dragged out and made sure he wasnt rolled up in there? stuff like that happens But I'm sure you weren't that stoned;)

But really good luck with finding him

Sticky_Budz said:
Hey I'm not trying to be a smart *** but you did check the rug u dragged out and made sure he wasnt rolled up in there?

:holysheep: What a hella thought man................:shocked: Now that would make me sick.

I honestly don't think that a cat would allow itself to get rolled into a big carpet roll................They don't call them 9 lives for nuttin'! They have a will to live and survive for sure.

Lol thanks, that made me laugh. But no he isnt in the rug.

it's 10pm here and he still isn't back. I will look again in the morning.

Does he come running to a certain noise? like my cat if hit the spoon on a plate he will come running from three streets over lol there's gotta be something to get his attention lol go get a female in heat bring it to your house :hubba: maybe he will come back for some of that:D
man i feel for you if that was me i wouldnt be able to sleep its like one of your kids good luck hope he comes home peace

not to be a downer, but sometimes animals leave their homes to die. Just wonder off- I had 2 pets do this sadly. Probly not the case, cats usually live longer than 9 years.

Put up some posters, I got 1 of my cats back that way =) He was down the street schmoozing some old couple.

He probly just saw a chance to go outside and took it.

our 3 years old male cat comes and goes all the time putting all us in agony, sometimes he takes a walk for more than 3-4 days searching for females and making us lose our sleep but he's always turning back tired and hungry asking for his favorite pate'.. its hard missing him even if you know that this is natural for a male cat-hope you'll find him in the morning

i hope you find him ,,,or hopefuly he will find his way home,,,,ill keep my fingers crossed ,,,,,p,l,r

If hes not a outside cat then hes probably scared in the big outdoors.. Often using a Have-A-Heart trap with some really smelly food in it Tuna will draw them into the trap..KFC chicken does the trick really well to get them in the trap..I work at my local animal shelter and in my area we loan out these traps. maybe yours does also. Good Luck I know its terrible to loose a cat their part of the family..I'm owned by 5 Siamese myself..

Good News! I found my cat. There is a big field near my house and this evening my little came by to spend the night. Well we left to get some food and I decided to drive through the field in the dark with the headlights on to see if I could see a pair of eyes. Well I did, but when he saw the truck he ran into a nieghbors garage. It took 30 minutes of crawling around under god knows what in this ladies garage before my little brother finally grabbed him. He was so scared he had ran up under this old table that was blocked by what seemed like every single tire in the known universe. Anyway he is home now, and other than being dirty and scared he seems okay.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

if you los4e an animal and love it,, you dont stop searching after a few minits ,you get out their and find that f----ing dog,,, whoops sorry we are talking about a cat,,, thats from the movie billy madison ,, i just thought id try to bring you a little chear,, but you also said it was 9 yearsd old ,, im not saying this to be a bring down or a buzz kill,, but when cats get old and die ,, they no that their dieing so theill go to some sort of a confined space to do so,,, check lawndry hampers or if their is andy way it can get up int your tile roofing or some kinda space or cubby hole,, iv had a cat do this to our family,, and not meaning to be rude but you want to find it befor it starts rotting,, i hope to god for your sake it has not passed,, im sorry for even putting this thought in your head ,, but things like this happens ,,, but on the other hand ,,, if your cat got out ,, put food outside your door and im sure it will be back ,,, cuz your its master and it no's where the food comes from and where it gets it ,, it will be back for sure hnot to worry.. leve a window open so you can here it meowing at the wimndow or door to come back in ,, it will be back 9 chances out of ten ,,, the other 1% is someone eles has taking it in,, thats when you just put up a couple fliyers on your nabourhooh mailbox,, and the cat will be returned,, unfortunally cats are not territorial and like to wonder s it can be anywhere ,, but is prolly somewhere around your hous ,, all the luck to you and remember to check cubbie hols and stuff throughout you house.

Red-Eye Jedi said:
Good News! I found my cat. There is a big field near my house and this evening my little came by to spend the night. Well we left to get some food and I decided to drive through the field in the dark with the headlights on to see if I could see a pair of eyes. Well I did, but when he saw the truck he ran into a nieghbors garage. It took 30 minutes of crawling around under god knows what in this ladies garage before my little brother finally grabbed him. He was so scared he had ran up under this old table that was blocked by what seemed like every single tire in the known universe. Anyway he is home now, and other than being dirty and scared he seems okay.

The GOOD NEWS travels far and wide!
I knew minou would come back.

:woohoo:​

Red-Eye Jedi said:

Your lucky man! Im Glad you found your cat, My cat ran away 3 weeks ago and theres still no sign of it and I check every possible place she can be.
The good news is that she left me one of her four kittens!

Latest posts

Back