My Going Away System!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BizzyHigh

Club Treasurer
Reaction score
After talking to a lot of people on here and doing a little looking around about how i would be watering my plant over the holiday season (gone for 6 days) since i will be half way across the country i finally came up with a little system i though people might like to take a look at.. The break down:

The first picture is the submersible pump i picked up at the local Hydro store.. It pumpes 264 gallons per hour (way to much water for what i am trying to do) but it was the smallest pump they had so i bought it anyway.. The pump is placed at the bottom of a 5 gallon buck (water, big bloom, tiger bloom) There is a 1/2 inch connector coming off of the pump which I have connected by tube to a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch piece and a 3/8 tube coming out of that.. At the other end of the 3/8 tubing is this white plastic piece which allows multipul tubes to be connected to it.. I have one 1/4 inch tube coming off of one of the spouts on the white thing.. The white thing is then placed inside of the bucket (so that the water recycles and unneeded water is put back into the bucket) and the one 1/4 tube i have connected is run through the pot right to the stem :D I have this system on a timer which turns on for exactly one minute right when the lights come on and puts out about 300 mL of my water mix per minute..

I hope this might give people some ideas about things they could do for their plant while visiting their loved ones this T-Giving! Later guys!

DSC03189.JPG

DSC03184.JPG

DSC03185.JPG

DSC03186.JPG

DSC03187.JPG

DSC03188.JPG

I see you used the idea I told you. Nice design but one thing I think you might have over looked. If you have the nutes in the bucket when you leave then the plants will be fed every day and you would probably get some bad nute burn. just a heads up

Thats a good point RH however i usually do give them nutes everyday but recently have seen signs of very very slight nute burn.. I will probably take your advice and replace the nute water with fresh water for these days i am going to be gone.. Lets just hope they can go without eating for a few days lol.. Thanks agian for the advice!

how are you regulating the 264gph flow? That seems like the pump would come out blasting water...

I am looking at your idea for my travel time coming up soon, and was looking into this idea for making an auto watering system for my clones.

what are you going to do with you lights? When they grow they might get burnt! what do you guys think about switching to flourecent for the time that you'd be away so you dont risk burning down your house??

i would just simply raise the lights depending on how long you're away.

As far as the light is concerned I have raised it up 6 inchs (seeing how late I am into flowering and will only be gone 6 days this should work just fine).. And to answers your question Apothecary I regulated it by adding this white plastic piece to the end of the 3/8ths tubing which allows for about 10 different tubes to be attached and spread out accordingly.. Since I only have one tube coming off of that I placed this white piece inside the water reservoir so it keeps the water recycling and moving around and the one tube that is attached goes to the plant.. I would show you a better picture but I have already left town.. Sorry man!

i was just curious... I am thinking of using a sandwhich type clamp to crimp the main outlet hose to reduce the flow in general and regulate the flow....

:)

I dont no Apothecary.. You would be suprised what kind of pressure a 264 GPH pump will put out.. It is going to pump that water somehow and when i tried a rigg like your suggesting it was like placing a finger over a hoes it just sprayed out with more pressure lol (there might be pieces that could possible regulated this however).. I would say your best bet is to either buy a much smaller GPH pump (something i couldn't do because of time restraints but they are out there) or trying a recycling system like I set up.. After all that little white piece was only 5 bucks a it works quite well with the possiblity to add more piping later if i want

Latest posts

Back