My kiddo's hands...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
Got into my plants and she broke off one of them. After looking at it I would guess she probably broke off about 45% of the growth on the top of the plant. The plant is now looking pretty weak and I don't think it's going to do very well.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to save this guy? I would hate to lose it!

Thanks,
Metalchick

I've read that raising the lights (lowering the lumens) can help a plant recover from stress.

There are 'products' you can get that will help it deal with stress.. the benefit comes mostly from B vitamins as I understand. Superthrive, B1 kelp extract, folic acid pills. Stinging nettle could help.

Be careful about over fert, too.. it's going to be using a lot less than usual.

Oh, and positive vibes only, when around the plant :p

I dunno how badly the stem is broken, or in how many places, but you can try putting a make shift splint around the broken area. Simply use some sticks or such for support if need be, secure it in place and wrap something around the fracture/tear.

I've used scotch tape before, ( becuase it's translucent and I can see progress) semi tight, but enough to allow a little breathing. I leave it on for a week. This also helps keep disease out if done in a clean manner. Once removed, it will still have a wound, but a ticker ring of growth should have sealed the break enough to take the tape off.

It's similiar to grafting I suppose, just not as clean. Hope this helps ya. Just be sure to keep the splint on for a another week or two, until the plant is healthy enough to support it's self again.

Latest posts

Back