need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emptypackofcigs

Reaction score
well i have been growing this plant for about 40 days now... 7 days into flower and still have no signs of sex... or at least that i can tell... i have some pictures if you could tell me what they are that would be great... it probably sounds stupid but ive never grown before so how would i know if it was a preflower or not... right? well thanks for the help.. peace

almost forgot... in the first pic there are 2 little things... they kinda look like little elf ears or something.. haha but there is one on each side of the stem and its not those little leaf things that are there when each set of branches grows out... they just started growing there like 2 or 3 days ago so i'm hoping its the spot where the little white hairs grow out they just haven't come out... haha damn bitches everyone knows your gay so just come out! JK but ya any help would be greatly appreciated peace

preflower.JPG

preflowers.JPG

hi there , on my grow it took 2 weeks to show sex. in the first pic, you should get little white hairs pop out in the next week, if it is female, if its male you will get little male flowers, the second pic i think they are just new shoots. good luck on the females!!! ;)

thanks herbi... i guess my game for now is patients... but for me it doesn't really matter what the plants sex is... i'm just trying to grow... my other plant was a failure... so right now i dont really care what it is... if its a male i'll make some hash!

Hey pack, it's too early to tell with either of those plants. Trust me when they show sex it's obvious. It it's male, you might be able to use it for hemp, but that's it. If it's male, start over. Good luck.

just a little update its been 10 days in flowering and still no sign of sex... it has been growing very fast though... about 2 inches per day... here are some pics

asdfg.JPG

asdf.JPG

gorgeous plant, male or female its gorgeous and healthy : ) ill pray its a female tho good luck

thank you hydro... ya i'm still waiting on the sex thanks for the prayers... either or... i'm gonna keep it... if its male... i'm gonna make some bomb gumby hash... so ya... if its female... i'm harvesting them... making some bomb *** gumby hash... haha okay later man and thanks again

emptypackofcigs said:
thank you hydro... ya i'm still waiting on the sex thanks for the prayers... either or... i'm gonna keep it... if its male... i'm gonna make some bomb gumby hash... so ya... if its female... i'm harvesting them... making some bomb *** gumby hash... haha okay later man and thanks again

Unless they are all males you are going to have to get it out of your system unless you love seeds.

emptypackofcigs said:
just a little update its been 10 days in flowering and still no sign of sex... it has been growing very fast though... about 2 inches per day... here are some pics

Nice looking bush you have there EPC, nice and healthy. As I'm looking at the pic I'm thinking it's gonna be female. Just my opinion though. Later.

Growdude said:
Unless they are all males you are going to have to get it out of your system unless you love seeds.

no you see i only have 1 plant... right now... its sort of a mission to grow right now cause i'm still at the rents place... so ya but its looking to be female... well i'll update you later ... peace

Whats going on EPOC. Your plant is looking very green and healthy. You should signs of sex any day now IMHO. Here is some GREEN MOJO for your soon to be lady friend. ;) Good luck on the grow.

GreenMojo.JPG

yesterday i took some clones and i put them in the propagation tank... and they are doing very well... they were a bit limpy in the beginning but now they are doing great how long do you think until they have roots? any suggestions? or should i just check them every day or so?

clones.JPG

its been 2 weeks and finally i actually focused my eyes more and i found them! wow once i saw one i saw so many more ... i suspected she was a girl just because males show sexual maturity about a week before females (or at least thats what i've heard) but it doesn't matter about males cause i dont have one! hahaha the best thing about it is ... not knowing if it was male or female i just took a few clones to have and to hold cause i'm legally allowed to grow 6 so now i have 5 and i'm only curious about 1 more plant which i'm sure is on his/her way to death soon to make room for my clones yay! i'm so happy that my first grow is going so well... well thanks for sticking around and giving me the advice that i needed... and whoever said patience isn't a ***** is a ******* liar because i've been killing myself over this damn plant... and know she's paying me back for all the time i've wanted to just kill myself because i would wake up and not see anything... but know i see it and its GLORIOUS!!! haha okay i'm just overjoyed... well peace guys i'm gonna go smoke a bowl! thank god for marijuana... and you know what... thank god for the damn pot head scientists who convinced the damn government that this plant can actually do something! well peace guys

female.JPG

How are the clones doing. What was all done to your clones before you put them in the tank?

Later:cool:

noodles said:
How are the clones doing. What was all done to your clones before you put them in the tank?

Later:cool:

actually i cut the bottoms of the stems pretty steem so alot of exposure gets to the water... (for better root growth) and i also diped them in a cloning gel... i cut them like 3 days ago and... they are just chillen they should be fine... why?

finally i got my new light... i wasn't planning on it til later but i decided to get one... i got my 400 watt hps right now i got 2 plants under it... in about 2 hours i'll have 5 plants under it... i cut some clones the other day and i'm putting them into their final home... haha... well i'll post later peace

HydrO PasSiOn said:
where did you get your light from? how much was it? thanks

where everyone on the site gets it... basically haha... HTGSupply.com... it cost with shipping was like $140 USD but ya it came with the ballast the light bulb and the reflector... all ready to just plug in and use it... my plants have only been under it for like 4 hours and i can tell they already like this light way better than the cfl's... all the leaves are reaching up for this light... i've got it about 17 inches from the tops of the highest parts... and all the leaves are faces bright and showing reaching for all the light they can... and i have little itty bitty buds forming at the sites... i'm so excited... but sad thing is in about 2 weeks i'm going on vacation... so i'm not gonna see the babies for 10 days but by time i come back it should be about time to harvest... :D give me another couple weeks after that and i'm gonna be doing this:48:

so a couple days ago i started my plant under my HPS light and i already am seeing a big big BIG difference i put 2 pics one is of all my plants... and the other is one of the flower clusters... my camera sucks so it wouldn't let me focus very well on the flower under the HPS... but in a day or 2 i'll take the plants outside and take pictures... well i'm out.. peace

day 3 of HPS light.JPG

flower.JPG

Latest posts

Back