Newbie growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anarchist_UK

Don't conform to society
Reaction score
i'm going to start my first plants some time this week i've read up on loads of sites and got everything i need except one thing i've heard about this active carbon thingy that removes odor, what is it and where can i get it?

and once the plant is grown i'll chop it down dry it then do i just chop the buds up? and is there any use for the leaves and/or stem?

thanks

:) Newbie growing is a joyous thing. So, welcome to this forum and welcome to the grow club. :smoke1:

Activated carbon filters are what I believe you are referring to. The can be made for around $60 or can be bought... Well, for a heck of a lot more. Here is a link for DIY carbon filter. Feel free to ask away.

thanks man, i'll just install a chimney and a outgoing fan (i'm not great on DIY) what kind of seeds are best to grow at first? so here is what i've heard i should do:
1.get light,fans and seeds
2.put them in pots with miricale-gro moisture control soil
3.let them veg (what kinda light cycle for veging?)
4.after there about 40-50 days put them on 12/12 to flower
5.seperate males from females
6.rip out males and make the leaves into hash
7.when females flower take & plant a few clones
8.dry leaves and buds (if i get any that is)
9.(do i just chop up the buds or what?)

is that kinda ok? and how much will it cost for all the equipment and that

thanks

Lots of commenting I could do right now. However, I have a few links for you to check out. Mainly, this. There is more info here than I know what to do with.
Check these two out specifically. Then get back to me with your questions.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forumWOW/Full-Marijuana-Growing-Guide.html
http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/GrowFAQ Basic Topics.htm

The most important factor in control of you getting a great crop and an amazing crop is your soil. MG moisture control is the wrong soil for MJ straight out of the bag. I would actually not even get the moisture control at all.. Just the regular MG soil. Anyways, I am blabbering and not making any progress. Read up pal and ask the questions as they come. These grow guides should shed a little more light on your situation.

If you're looking for Good soil, It costs a bit more money but is worth it. Fox Farms. THey have great nutes and soil. I'm sure DL covered everything. If you have any questions feel free to ask like DL said. Good luck with everything man and i hope you enjoy growing as much as we do!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

thanks for all your help

how much am i looking to layout for everything? and how much more are electrisity bills?

i heard on average it only goes up about 20 or so dollars. I don't indoor grow though so i'm not quite sure. And i'd say for all the supplies for indoor growing, roughly around 200-300 dollars for everything including seeds and what not.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

That is why I gave you a very vague answer because your details are not precise. 2000Ws of lights can raise your electric in a huge way. So, that is why I suggested some solid reading material so you can see what options are out there.;)

yeah thanks guys, it's just while reading the links from DLtoker i heard about growers being busted because thier electric bill rose loads

might take me a while to get the start-up money, i'm kinda tight for cash atm

thanks anyway

the only time you see that happening is when the whole house becomes a growroom and honestly i cant even remember the last time i heard of anyone getting busted due to their electric bill, anyone else?

but yeah, unless your electricity is triple or more of what it was last month then you dont have anything to worry about, even then the electric company usually contacts you if they see a discrepancy, at least they do where i live at..

thanks again, so IF i get any buds on my first batch do i just hang em out to dry then just chop the whole buds up and smoke? or only part of the bud

Well, at harvest, you'd cut the plant (if you want to use the hanging method, cool) just make sure you hang them in a dark place, have good air flow and when the stem is easily snapable, it's dry. Make your bud the desireable sizes that you want, and cure them. There are many ways of curing weed. I use the jar curing technique. The whole point of curing is to smoothen the weed, give it nice flavour all by removing the clorophyll. It'd prolly be more helpful if you went to the "harvesting - Drying/curing" section of the MP forums.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

i checked that out, i prob will go for the slow drying method as there is hardly any chance of error for a first-timer like me and is there any good place to look to learn about nutrients?

ok i've read up a bit on the forums i just have a few questions that have arouse:

1.how small can you grow a plant if you trim it as much as you can? and which parts should you trim?
2.if i grow them small and flower them early, will they smell at all?

thanks

1- well remember that plants tend to grow 2-3 times their size when flowering, so it really depends on your method, if you start cutting the plant here and there i can see your final yield suffering some, since you will be constantly shocking the plant. for you i would recommend LST

2- it depends on the strain on how smelly the plant is, but at some point or another every plants has the aroma we all love...

so LST is just tieing the plants downwards? and maybe i should top them a few times and train brances to go into the emoty space, because if i'm going to grow sometime i really haven't got much space at all.

thanks for all your guys help :)

Hey narc try learning to grow and keep it simple. Learn to grow a plant that gets good enough to smell before you worry about a charcoal filter. Start with a pot, good soil, Seeds, and some good ferts. And water. Don`t worry about the science of making the plant the best it can be. Start with making a plant thats worth smoking and work you way up. Good luck slim

longtimegrower said:
Hey narc try learning to grow and keep it simple. Learn to grow a plant that gets good enough to smell before you worry about a charcoal filter. Start with a pot, good soil, Seeds, and some good ferts. And water. Don`t worry about the science of making the plant the best it can be. Start with making a plant thats worth smoking and work you way up. Good luck slim
thanks

but i need a small easy-to-hide plant that dosen't smell too much otherwise i'll have to go into gurilla growing

Latest posts

Back