Order seeds to grow house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
I am just curious if anyone has ordered seeds to thier house, that they grow in? I am SOL regarding an alternate address. I dont have a big grow (2 plants) and wandered how big of a risk it is to order to your grow? I live in the states...i want to order 2 packs of seeds.....any suggestions?

it is a risk, and a big one if you ask me. that way the seeds can be traced straight to you not good. but where there is a will there is a way!!!!!

You have a card?
Live in a legal state?

Kinda Curious About Ordering Myself.i Did Order Some About 8-9 Days Ago.but I Haven't Heard Anything Yet.i Did Order To A P.o Box

ya im also in the same boat. i just wanna grow 5-10 plants for mainly personal use and *********************. im concerned about having the seeds delievered to my house. does anyone have a foolproof method they utilize to order seeds?

EDIT: One of the biggest rules you can break in here... Please reference the site rules.

PO boxes can be traced straight to you as well... I wont order them in my name, someone elses.just curious as to if someone has done it before...

Why would you even take that chance??? to me thats is just asking to get busted, no matter how you look at it, youre leaving a trail straight to the house you growing in, that just doesnt make it worth taking the chance, whether other people have done and got away is one thing, LUCKY them, others have gotten busted. DONT do it and you can sleep safe at night..

any grower would tell you if your not legalized to grow you have to be underground, ordering seeds and getting them shipped to your place of operation is a foolish move its like they say "never sell a sack where you rest at" your just blowing your cover, remember these aren't tomatoes you have to remain Low key always unless your legalized, play it safe use someones elses name, address or get yourself a po box, and you cant really trace a po box if you use a phony name, just play it smart and use common sense

i agree it seems stupid to order seeds to your growhouse, but if the box gets through customs, its just some delivery guy dropping off the box. nobody would know whats inside. however, if customs gets a hold of it, thats another story. although, if you use a fake name, and pay by money order or cash (untraceable) there is no way the police could press charges if you deny everything. They would have no evidence that you in fact ordered the seeds. this also would only apply to noobs like me who have yet to even set up their growhouse, further proving there was no intent to grow anything. regardless its still risky and probably not the best way to go about it, but i dont have any other options at the moment. how much does it cost to get a PO Box? wouldn't they verify your identity when signing up for a PO Box?

What I might do to limit my risk is this:

1. buy prepaid credit card at wally world
2. Get PO box at local UPS store

Have to use my real information for the PO Box. Since 9/11 the rules have changed. You need proof of ID and where i am it has to be a state ID so getting it under a phony name is tough. I got a business class PO Box and they wont care what name is on it, on personal PO Boxes they will only deliver to the namon the box.

3. Send to PO Box under different name. and I guess Pray noone steaks out the PO BOX and follows me home....:holysheep:

I think your all right,,, getting them sent to the place I grow is probably not the best idea....Im going to order them tonight and see what happens. One pack at first...

The PO Boxes here at our UPS store is 30 for 3 months, thats the min. plus 10.00 key fee, and 10.00 setup charge.

so basicly about 50.00 for 3 months.

i think im just gonna have them sent to a friends house if i can convince him to okay it. i'll just use some phony name and his address. that should be fine.

New_2_Chronic said:
What I might do to limit my risk is this:

1. buy prepaid credit card at wally world
2. Get PO box at local UPS store

Have to use my real information for the PO Box. Since 9/11 the rules have changed. You need proof of ID and where i am it has to be a state ID so getting it under a phony name is tough. I got a business class PO Box and they wont care what name is on it, on personal PO Boxes they will only deliver to the namon the box.

3. Send to PO Box under different name. and I guess Pray noone steaks out the PO BOX and follows me home....:holysheep:

I think your all right,,, getting them sent to the place I grow is probably not the best idea....Im going to order them tonight and see what happens. One pack at first...

good advice. another security issue to keep in mind is protecting your IP address. i never visit any seed bank website on any computer in our house, regardless of having a proxy server. i don't even visit this site or any similar forum from my computer, i go to a friends place. i also have a totally different email account from my home email to gain membership to forums that may involve in any way shape or form of "self incrimination". thanks Patriot Act.

it may seem like a little too much paranoia, but i know that I, myself, sleep better at night knowing that i've done everything possible to make sure that theres no trail leading back to the pot of gold.

The most I have ever heard of happening is that Homeland Security jacks your load, and sends you a little note to that effect.

I have heard however that anything over 3 packs is considered a large order and if caught will probably be followed up on.

Heard a story that a doctor and his wife got busted for ordering 9 packs of seeds, and stupid him, ordered to his growhouse,,, there is no way I would make a order that large.....thats just stupid.

I was thinking one pack at a time and you run that risk of it getting jacked, thats the extent of it, although there is that one time that they decide to follow up and with my luck it will be my order....

To be honest I would not be suprised if they could not find my grow anyway....Noone in the house can see, smell,,, or even hear the grow so it would take some digging to find it....Ive had people leaning on it and didnt even know what was in there....lol

well having them sent to a freinds house also doesnt sound to smart as know one person knows your growing. also if you have them sent to your house you can give them a fake name.

maybe this is easier for me cuz i blabbed to a couple people(co-workers that smoke with and deal to me), but if i ordered seeds i would have them shipped to a friends house. if you have a friend that doesnt smoke but knows you grow, that would be perfect because if the dea showed up they wouldnt have any plants or even a pipe in their place.

but the point is you already knew its really risky before you even posted this, trust your instincts, dont be stupid, and make sure the risk is proportionate to the reward. any of this babbling making sense?

I agree with toke@smoke420. I believe the risk of telling someone else you are growing so you can have the seeds sent to their home is a greater risk than having them sent to your home. I have never heard of anyone getting busted because they had seeds sent to the grow location, but I have heard of plenty of people who got busted because they told someone else about their grow. I always have the seeds sent to my home and I do not worry one bit about it.

Thanks Hemp,

I agree that you cant break the cardinal rule "tell noone about your grow" That is why I asked the question. I did not want to have them sent to a "friends" house because that would make one too mant people that know about the grow.

Im no lawyer but I dont think that "Attempting" to get seeds sent to you is grounds for a search warrant. I would think they need more. If they could even prove i ordered them. They would be sent to a different name at my address, ordered with a prepaid,,,, no real trail in my book....Anyone else know for sure?

New_2_Chronic said:
Thanks Hemp,

I agree that you cant break the cardinal rule "tell noone about your grow" That is why I asked the question. I did not want to have them sent to a "friends" house because that would make one too mant people that know about the grow.

Im no lawyer but I dont think that "Attempting" to get seeds sent to you is grounds for a search warrant. I would think they need more. If they could even prove i ordered them. They would be sent to a different name at my address, ordered with a prepaid,,,, no real trail in my book....Anyone else know for sure?

I have never heard of anything ever happening other than the seeds getting confiscated by customs and you get a letter--and it's a form letter at that. IMO, customs has far more to worry about than some guy or gal ordering 10 or 20 marijuana seeds. Local LEOs are not notified.

I couldn't use an assumed name because I live in a very very small community, but I think it is a good idea if it will be delivered. The Postmistress knows me, knows where I live, and that no one else lives with me. I get mail delivered to me that has an incorrect or incomplete address. However, since I live in such a small place with no shopping, I order tons of stuff online from all over the world. So something from overseas does not raise any red flags. Be safe.

Latest posts

Back