Peat Moss???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookside302

Reaction score
From what ive read, u want, i think its 40% peat moss and the remaining a soiless mixture. Though are there reasons for why you should only try and grow in peat moss?

I make love to peat moss. That is all I grow in, of course with a little personal tweaking. CH

Crazy Horse said:
I make love to peat moss. That is all I grow in, of course with a little personal tweaking. CH

So u completely grow in peat moss and works out good for u? by personal tweeking do u mean adding perlite? or what?

All peat moss. I use Promix or Sunshine mix #4, they seem to have the right mix of perlite. You just have to check out that the peat has some perlite or vermiculite in it as a wetting agent and for drainage(thats the white crap in it, kinda looks like little chunks of crack). Depends on the stage my plants are in, but for nutes I use bone meal, blood meal and worm castings. I used to use bat guano, but for some reason the price of it doubled in my area. You can put some potting soil in there if u like, I don't. All this seems to work good for me. CH

YEAH PEAT MOSS! haha i love this stuff. i use a mix that is 90% peat moss and 10% perlite, and its successful 99% of the time. good stuff and drains really well.

Latest posts

Back