Please Help me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blowe1103

Reaction score
Ok guys this is my first time growing and i have a few questions.
Some facts to start off i am using soil and some seeds i got from my friend that are good seeds. I have 4 plants that are in 5 Gallon buckets they have been in the veg state for about 2 months now mabye a little longer. They are under 2 100 watt flourescents. They are about 2 feet tall right now. First question 1) i transplanted them into the 5 gallon buckets a few weeks ago and the buckets are white is that bad? 2) one of my plants is shorter and bushier than the others the leaves look healthy and are big but they droop alot and cover up the inside nodes and the stems to them are reddish purple what does this mean? i am growing all the same and the other plants are not drooping at all and have green stems. Is it bad to trim the leaves that are dropping so the inner nodes get mroe light? And if i should trim them what is the best way to do so. Thank you very much for your time hopefully i can get this solved

1} white buckets are fine
2} looks like ya got more than 1 kind, or a dif phenotype of the same strain, no biggie(as they say "variety is the spice of life!)
Don't trim anything, if your other plants are not casting shadow on the shorty, just leave it. How much room to you have to grow(height-wise) cause if those are sativa, you might have to top em. When ya gonna switch your lights to 12/12?

Some pics of your plants would help. No one can really tell you what you need to do to them until they see what you have.

Trimming fan leaves off of a plant to get better light on lower leaves is much like cutting your arms off so your legs don't have to work as hard.

It sort of sounds good, but is actually a really crazy thing to do.

The only time you should EVER take a leaf from your plant is when more then 50% of the leaf is dead or damaged. As long as the leaf is half green, it's helping the plant. When more than half of the leaf is dead or damaged, then the plant will spend more energy on repairing the leaf unsuccessfully, then the leaf is worth to the plant. At that point, it makes sense to remove the leaf.

NEVER take healthy leaves off your plant. There is never a reason to justify that. If someone tells you that removing healthy leaves will help your plant, you need to find a better advisor.

I am starting switching them to 12/12 at 8 am tomorrow they are about 2 1/2 feet and i have a tall closet so they have some space to grow but i am putting in a 600 watt hps light so they dont have alot of room i was thinking about just tying them down or something so they dont burn but the leaves drooping over wont affect anything? Sorry just nervous first time and there looking good and i want the outcome to be good

oh and i will post some pics in the next day i hope when i can get my girls camera

Ok, the pics will help.

If your plants are wilting, underwatering, is the most common reason. If you've watered them and they're still wilting, you'll have to tell us more about what's happened with your plants.

The pics are really needed.

Trimming is for harvest time...like Stoney said there is no reason to trim off fan leaves unless they are more then half dead...look forward to some pics

You do have drain holes in the buckets right? If not drill a few holes or you'll get root rot and a lack of oxegen to the roots. Unhealthy and could be a cause of the droop as well.
Gently bend the tips of the plants over and tie them off to the handles of the buckets if they start growing too tall. You'll get more buds too.

Good luck bro!

Oldskool

Ya i cut like 4 holes in them with a razor blade i switched to 12/12 2 days ago on the 3rd day now i tried leaching the soil thinking it might be build up or over did nutrients but nothing the bottom 4 set of fan leaves just like hang down not letting the node leaves come up or get light. When new sets of fan leaves come the stems to them are green and they look good but then they turn reddish purple and start to droop. also on one of my other plants some of the leaves turned dark green and are curling under so if anyone could help me it would be apprecitaed im using a 600 watt sodium light for the flower stage and i do have a fan circulating. One plant had droopy leaves and another is turning dark green and curling under but all of them are being taken care of exactly the same

Ok i tied them down however my best looking (which looked amazing by the way) i had to take out last night ******* nuts if you know what i mean. Males Suck! Anyway thanks for the help guys 1 week into flowering there about 3 feet tall and i will try to get these pictures up and im sure i will have some questions throughtout the flowering precess

Latest posts

Back