Please!!! Help Multiple Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing u can do about the light is get more room for the light. It has to be high enough to the point where there isn't any direct heat touching it plus about 6-8 inches usually. but that varies with whatever lights ur using. what i mean by the direct heat is when u put ur hand under that light its warm sometimes hot. that can't be doing. if its getting to hot is why ur cooking it. also are u doing any folliar feeding with the lights on? if so stop ASAP water magnifies any light. acting as a microscope so to speak. the humidity needs to be low. the air ventilation is a must also. u need intake and exhaust. sometimes u can get away with using intake as a circulation fan if the box is small enough. and an air-cooled light is a good idea too. but if ur box isn't that small, after ur upgrade. ur gonna need a fan for circulation too. theres a lot of knicks and tricks to having a green thumb. the funniest part is i do most of my growing outdoors.

Fire it up

KT

ktownlegend said:
the only thing u can do about the light is get more room for the light. It has to be high enough to the point where there isn't any direct heat touching it plus about 6-8 inches usually. but that varies with whatever lights ur using. what i mean by the direct heat is when u put ur hand under that light its warm sometimes hot. that can't be doing. if its getting to hot is why ur cooking it. also are u doing any folliar feeding with the lights on? if so stop ASAP water magnifies any light. acting as a microscope so to speak. the humidity needs to be low. the air ventilation is a must also. u need intake and exhaust. sometimes u can get away with using intake as a circulation fan if the box is small enough. and an air-cooled light is a good idea too. but if ur box isn't that small, after ur upgrade. ur gonna need a fan for circulation too. theres a lot of knicks and tricks to having a green thumb. the funniest part is i do most of my growing outdoors.

Fire it up

KT

Thanks for putting in to definition as to what I was saying:D
I find that things are harder to put into words when you are actually doing them.....don't ask me why...just my thing.:cool:

no problem, i seem to do that all the time. i usually end being the guy that takes a book and lays it out in a dozen pages. its just something im good at.

clever_intuition said:
Your plant needs the light and the heat (this will help with the mold as well, as long as the humidity is down) Can you move your light higher above the plant by possibly putting her back into the closet and leaveing the door cracked with a fan on her? The armoir might be too air tight and small to allow proper ventilation which will build humidity which will cause mold. Your light in the closet should produce more than enough light and heat for one to four plants.:cool:

Clever_intuition,

I ve monitored the temps and humidity level, and it has always been alot lower in the aromoir, i'll put back in the closet if you think that will help her, i just though i let you know that it is cooler and less humid in the armoir. (96 - 106 f in closet vs 82 - 94 f in armoir, also humidity is more like 54 - 68 in closet and 44 - 56 in armoir)

What do you suggest?

put it in the closet, buy a dehumidifer and get a decient size fan to ciruclate the air in the closet that should bring the humidity down a considerable amount as well as lower ur temp greatly.

ktownlegend said:

Fire it up

KT

Hey KT,

I don't think the light is too warm or hot, i have an exhaust going from the light to carbon, for odor control and if i remember correctly it is not too hot under the hood, that is why i was a little surprised she was getting a bit burnt.
I am not sure what folliar feeding is (sorry i need to read a bit more, ohh ohh btw, i just got me a book, "Growers bible" i believe is the name), but from your explanation i assume is feeding trhough the leaves spraying water/nuts????

I try to water her right before dark period so that i don't burn her with the water heating up beacuase of the light. So hopefully that is taken care of.

I attached a pic of the bulb i got. Is that the correct for flowering? i see/read other people using less wattage on their bulbs, is that something i should consider if i plan to keep her in the armoir?

Thanks a lot for everyone's help.
Btw, sound like you are an expert in indoor, altough you might practice more outdoor...

peace
:cool:

ktownlegend said:
put it in the closet, buy a dehumidifer and get a decient size fan to ciruclate the air in the closet that should bring the humidity down a considerable amount as well as lower ur temp greatly.

kt,

What is ideal temperature and humidity level she should be at?

i wouldn't call say expert, but i do know a lil bit u could say. yea folliar is spraying. ur light wouldn't heat the water, the water refracts the light making it more intense. thats y folliar feeding during light time is bad. usually humidity ranges vary between 30-50 all depending on what ur girls do better in. ur temps i would think between 60-90 all depending on agian waht ur girls like, but also what stage of growth ur at. if ur at flowering it should be considerably cooler as compared to veg. humidity should be a touch more than veg for flower IMHO. and yes u need less wattage for flowering than veg so to speak its actually about lumens not wattage. but they usually go hand in hand. so with that said ur gonna want to read ur bible. and lookin a few other sections of this forum. specificlly lights, grow room setup, indoor growing, and hydroponics. although u maybe doing a soil grow hydro is more complicated takes more TLC along with time, and there is alot of similarites to some extent.

ktownlegend said:
i wouldn't call say expert, but i do know a lil bit u could say. yea folliar is spraying. ur light wouldn't heat the water, the water refracts the light making it more intense. thats y folliar feeding during light time is bad. usually humidity ranges vary between 30-50 all depending on what ur girls do better in. ur temps i would think between 60-90 all depending on agian waht ur girls like, but also what stage of growth ur at. if ur at flowering it should be considerably cooler as compared to veg. humidity should be a touch more than veg for flower IMHO. and yes u need less wattage for flowering than veg so to speak its actually about lumens not wattage. but they usually go hand in hand. so with that said ur gonna want to read ur bible. and lookin a few other sections of this forum. specificlly lights, grow room setup, indoor growing, and hydroponics. although u maybe doing a soil grow hydro is more complicated takes more TLC along with time, and there is alot of similarites to some extent.

Kt,

I have been reading "The Cannabis Grow Bible"... man have i learned alot... this book is really good.

I now have a better vent system... (will post pictures tomorrow).. and today i was able to add 15ml to 1 gallon of water... it looks to me that she is already dooing better, but who knows it might be placebo effect on my vision... any how ill post pics tomorrow, at least i will be able to get different opinions... thanks a lot for your help...

Hello all,

Just wanted to give a little update.

I have added Mg to the soil, it made a big difference.
I added 15 ml / gallon on wednesday...
did it again today, with a little of nuts... don't know if it was a good idea or not to add nuts, but i did... and my dumb a** forgot to check the ph level on the water, it wanst until way way later that i remembered to check PH... a little too late... hope it is not too bad.

I also found a couple of webs.. and one spidey, sorry spidey but it met it's maker right there and there.

Are spider mites bad for my girl? i heard that they would eat all of your fruit adn that they are one of the worst things to have in your grow... any input on this?

I will add pictures tomorrow... peace... grow safe.. and have fun...

cuzigothigghhhhhhhhhhh

mites are the worst pest for you plants,they love hi temps and low humidity,as you r in flower now you shoudnt use any insecticide,you can use a soft solution of iso alcohol or drops of dish detergent diluted in water and repeat after 3 days,that will not eliminate them but at least should keep them away for some days,when you finish your grow clean everything including bulb and hood then spray with a good insecticide (avid is the best)

Hey Cuz, I didn't read all the replies so sorry if I repeated anyone. :eek:

I would definitely set up some type of air exchange system. The blower and ballast should be outside of the box to reduce heat and the blower should be pulling the air out of the box and fresh air should be coming in through the bottom. You have a good hood and you should utilize it. Pull the air from the hood out of the top of the box. Plants need fresh air and oxygen for photosynthesis to work properly. Without that you have a build up of heat, CO2 and humidity. Heat can kill mold but it can also kill your plants. Your best bet is dry, fresh air and plenty of it. Your humidity and temps are WAY to high.:eek: What is the temp in the room the box is in? If you have a proper air exchange system the box will be the same temp as the room it is in.
600 watts should be plenty for the entire box. You have a nice set up with allot of potential. :hubba:

I wouldn't call myself an expert grower either but I have made allot of mistakes in the past 10 years and have plenty of experience growing MJ. You can always PM me if you want specifics.

haze....

Jash and Haze,

Thanks for the posts.
I am in a bit of a hurry, (running really late) but i wanted to post pics, anod not wait until tonight.
I will reply later 2night when i get home.
Let me know what you think of the progress.

Peace,

as haze said you have a good bulb and hood,for me that should be enough for 8-10 plants-my 430w is ok for 6 plants in 7sq ft..6oow puts out a lot of heat and you def need more vent in there,another one to think about is adding a tempered glass to your hood-that will allow you grow much much closer to the bulb and will cut some of the heat,then adding a big oscilating fan just out of the cab would be good idea also,in the middle of the summer my temps in the closet were at a range of 85-94 with the 430w-but the big fan (16''50w)and the hood glass helped a lot to drop and keep temps at 85-86 i also used to keep all windows to that part of the house wide open to help air cilculation, now that the summer has finished temps are ok at 77-82(50wfan is on always)

Yea, from what I could see in those pics you're definitely not ready to harvest. Your plant hasn't even grown any buds yet, and it looks like it could use some nutrients. I can't remember when this post was started, but how about some pic updates of the plant? :)

Hey all,

Sorry... i tried uploading pictures before i left this afternoon... unfortunately i got an error every time i tried uploding.. maybe it was the pictrure size... i have resized the picutres according to the instructions on this page... i dont know if they are as big as i would want them to be :confused: ... but we'll try... here they go...

DSC02184.JPG

DSC02185.JPG

DSC02186.JPG

DSC02187.JPG

DSC02188.JPG

DSC02189.JPG

jash said:
mites are the worst pest for you plants,they love hi temps and low humidity,as you r in flower now you shoudnt use any insecticide,you can use a soft solution of iso alcohol or drops of dish detergent diluted in water and repeat after 3 days,that will not eliminate them but at least should keep them away for some days,when you finish your grow clean everything including bulb and hood then spray with a good insecticide (avid is the best)

Jash,

thanks for your post... I went to my local hydro store and they recommended i use "Yard & Garden Insect Killer" SAGER BRAND, it says it is ok to spray up to the day you harvest.. have you guys used this before? Do you recommend that i use it? I have spray it a couple of times... i figured it is safe.. your thoughts will be appreaciate it.

Thanks for your comments.. i will read up about mites... later tomorrow.

Check out the pics :cool:

Damn... look at those babies now...

How many females/males do you have again?

hazewarrior said:
Hey Cuz, I didn't read all the replies so sorry if I repeated anyone. :eek:

I would definitely set up some type of air exchange system. The blower and ballast should be outside of the box to reduce heat and the blower should be pulling the air out of the box and fresh air should be coming in through the bottom. You have a good hood and you should utilize it. Pull the air from the hood out of the top of the box. Plants need fresh air and oxygen for photosynthesis to work properly. Without that you have a build up of heat, CO2 and humidity. Heat can kill mold but it can also kill your plants. Your best bet is dry, fresh air and plenty of it. Your humidity and temps are WAY to high.:eek: What is the temp in the room the box is in? If you have a proper air exchange system the box will be the same temp as the room it is in.
600 watts should be plenty for the entire box. You have a nice set up with allot of potential. :hubba:

I wouldn't call myself an expert grower either but I have made allot of mistakes in the past 10 years and have plenty of experience growing MJ. You can always PM me if you want specifics.

haze....

Hey Haze,

I have taken the ballast out of the grow area, i have not yet taken the blower and carbon filter out.. i need to make some cuts to the back of it and i don't have the time right now.. but i do see how this will help keep the temp down in the grow room. :eek:

My girl seems to be taken some heat... you will see brown on some leaves... do you think it still related to Mg?

How much longer till harvest? Any input will be appreciated it...

The temp in the room is probably around 70's... it is still kind of warm during the day... so i think me taking the ballast out should help alot with the temp in the grow room.
I have discovered ( from reading all of the posts) that 600 w can get me trhough more plants... i feel i am wasting lots of energy with 600 w on one plant? I think ill just keep this one the way it is until harvest... then i'll probaly grow more under that hood.

Thanks for the info... peace...:cool:

Latest posts

Back