Prepping for first grow! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would use some bleach and water. you wanna kill any bacteria or mold he might have had before id put anything in that tent!

Yes! Bleach and water for sure! As best possible.. it was in great shape but very dirty (in my opinion) .. worth the deal I got though!!

its important to keep your growroom hospital clean. less pests and diseases!

How does she look?

sativa (800x406).jpg

looks a little stretched to me. what strain? unless its a pure sativa it needs more light or somethin. internode spacing too long!

Its from a random bag seed so I'm not sure of its origin. If I had to guess, I would say its a Sativa dominant hybrid. Its my learning experiment for my first grow. Have two Bubblegum plants two weeks into Veg in a separate grow box. I agree with your assessment of the plant though. Thank you.

Do the bud sites look about right for being two weeks into flower? Its got lots of white pistols but so far that's all.

For being only 2 weeks into flower and already having decent bud growth, I'd say she looks real good. She is definitely stretched from light shortage. These kids need boat-loads of light. What kind of lighting do you have over it? Other than the stretched look, she looks healthy. :)

I'm using 6 cfl bulbs 23 watt each at 2700k for just one plant. Shouldn't that be sufficient?

BrascoBuds said:
I'm using 6 cfl bulbs 23 watt each at 2700k for just one plant. Shouldn't that be sufficient?

Unfortunately, no. We wish we could grow great bud with just a few CFLs, but we can't. The number of plants you have doesn't determine your lighting needs. What matters is how big your space is and how many lumens you have. You need a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering--and many of us run a lot more. Your bulbs are probably running around 1500 lumens, so that is 9000 lumens. Your space looks like it is about 2 x 2? A space that size would need 13-14 23W CFLs. CFLs also do not have the penetration (throw light as far) as other types of lighting we use, so taller plants suffer more.

THG .. to get back on topic in my thread, what do you think of the list and my last questions? :)

Also, wow! My seeds are already in Jamaica New York! So close to me already!! That was only a few days. :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
Unfortunately, no. We wish we could grow great bud with just a few CFLs, but we can't. The number of plants you have doesn't determine your lighting needs. What matters is how big your space is and how many lumens you have. You need a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering--and many of us run a lot more. Your bulbs are probably running around 1500 lumens, so that is 9000 lumens. Your space looks like it is about 2 x 2? A space that size would need 13-14 23W CFLs. CFLs also do not have the penetration (throw light as far) as other types of lighting we use, so taller plants suffer more.

Wow! The box I have it in is actually 18x18x36" so it seems I'm extremely under-lighting it. In your opinion, what kind of problems/issues can I expect if I were to continue with my current setup straight through to harvest? Less final yield? Potency?

Also, my bubble gum plants that are predominantly indica are not exhibiting the stretching of my unknown plant. They are very full and bushy. Are you pretty sure the reason could not stem at least mostly from genetics? Like the plant being predominantly Sativa.

BrascoBuds, could you please kindly make a separate thread with these questions instead of hi-jacking my thread for your own personal use? :) Thank you

Back on topic...

Xnutrients.. anyone have experience with them? (Please THG and others read a few of my posts back ...before the thread hi-jacking)

EllisD said:
BrascoBuds, could you please kindly make a separate thread with these questions instead of hi-jacking my thread for your own personal use? :) Thank you

Back on topic...

Xnutrients.. anyone have experience with them? (Please THG and others read a few of my posts back ...before the thread hi-jacking)

Ive never used them but I did check out the site, they seem ok and im sure they will work.

Did you get all 3 grow,bloom and micro?

Sorry dude, I'm new here and didn't realize what I did. That was my last question for now anyway. I'll start my own thread as soon as I can figure out how. Thanks for the info and opinions those of you who answered my questions. Happy growing!

It's alright mostly Brasco.. that's just a big "forum thing" to not hi-jack a persons thread. :) Now you know, and that's excellent.

If you go to the top and click the sites banner, it will show you all the forums. From there you can click a forum you want (let's say: "General Indoor Growing") And then, in the top left area you'll see a green button that says "New Thread." Click that and you're well on your way. :D

Growdude said:
Ive never used them but I did check out the site, they seem ok and im sure they will work.

Did you get all 3 grow,bloom and micro?

Oh sorry Growdude, I missed this. I got Grow, Bloom, Micro and Amino Blast

Seeds processed and are now in my state! Woo hoo.. either tomorrow or the next day! Damn, I don't have my room clean and dialed in yet!! I thought it would be like 2 weeks before the seeds got here.

Latest posts

Back