Puff Monkey's Industrial Grow Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUFF MONKEY

TOWELIE IS MADE OF HEMP
Reaction score
Well guys, i've been planning this setup since my first sprouts broke ground...throughout this thread i'll be posting pics of my new setup...it's in an upstairs room that noone uses and the size is perfect...the veg room is 20sqft with a 480w floro light board(same one i used in my first grow),a 160 CFM can fan for ventilation with a can filter 2600...my flower room is 40sqft with a 1000w HPS and cooltube cooled with a 180 CFM blower...these are the parts i have now...this morining i got a call from my uncle to tell me that an inheritance check for $30,000 will be here within 10 days:D :D :D :D ....so of course i'll be pimpin' out my rooms :D :D :D :D here are some pics of the build so far.....

new rooms 003.JPG

new rooms 005.JPG

new rooms 006.JPG

i still can't decide on wether to buy 2 600w digitals or 2 1000w digitals...would the energy savings of 2 600's make up for the reduced yield that i would get with 2 1000's ????the room will be covered completely with ultreflect and each room will have a 30 mil vinyl liner to catch water drips covering the entire floor...

Looks like its gonna be BAD A**. Good luck puff.

thanks smoky..anyone have an idea on the lights ?

Rockin' it Puff:D
I can't wait to move next year so I can expand.

I would personally go with the 600's.Just depends on the coverage you need.

well, bein' that my flower room is 40sqft, would 2 600's be "optimal" ??? or should i just go with the 1000's seeing that money is not an issue ???will i have to re wire the room, should i get the 240V models ?????lots of questions....i have a good friend who is an electrician and will help me if i NEED it

PUFF MONKEY said:
well, bein' that my flower room is 40sqft, would 2 600's be "optimal" ??? or should i just go with the 1000's seeing that money is not an issue ???will i have to re wire the room, should i get the 240V models ?????lots of questions....i have a good friend who is an electrician and will help me if i NEED it

Two 600's should be fine.If you have the money 4 - 400's would kick *** thogh,lol.Here's a light coverage link----->
http://living-learning.com/faq/litecov.htm

Jeeeezzz...sounds like you'll be set on gear Puff...Good to hear ya steppin it up and givin the ladies more room ...wish i could help ya but it's really out of my area ...hmm, well how would it work out if ya got 1 600 and 1 1000 ??? just a thought, Keep us Updated

4- 400's huh ? that does sound tempting... how much does a normal room circuit handle ??

no,...i'm gonna go with 2 lumatek digital MH/HPS 1000w systems with the hortilux HPS bulb upgrades from HYDROWHOLESALE.com..they got em' for $399 with the cooltubes..i cant handle the hum of magnetic ballasts

PUFF MONKEY said:
no,...i'm gonna go with 2 lumatek digital MH/HPS 1000w systems with the hortilux HPS bulb upgrades from HYDROWHOLESALE.com..they got em' for $399 with the cooltubes..i cant handle the hum of magnetic ballasts

I think you made the right choice, 40 sq/ft needs 200,000 lumens and 2 600's leaves you a little short, 2 1000's is about 300,000 lumens and as long as the heat is controlled your going to see a better harvest.

And nice room you got going!

oh yeah,...i designed everything to be PERFECT....temp,humidity,ventilation...i'll be using a 440 CFM can fan for the aircooled hoods and a pair of 440 CFM to clear the room(intake and exhaust) along with a can filter 100(420-800 cfm) for odor control....the veg room will have it's own ventilation system and carbon filter
:holysheep:

Have your electrician run you a dedicated 30 amp 240v line to a Intermatic T104 timer. Then run your outlets for the lights from the timer.
IMHO, it is better to have a dedicated breaker for anything over 1000w.

Your electrician should know of the timer I speak of. Very reliable and will never fail.

I agree with NORCALHAL have an individual breaker setup for the room. You could probably just upgrade the one already there... Also if your going to get the 2 1000's you will need moor than 1 4" 454 cfm vortex. Id get the 6" for the exhaust and a 4" for intake. Also if your getting the 1000's you might want to look into mixed spectrum lighting. But if you want, 600's would work just fine for your room. Would run cooler so you can have them closer than the 1000's. So you might even be running at the same lumen's. Plus youll save so much on your electricity bill. I am just saying since your new to this you shouldn't cause yourself moor problems than you can handle... But i could be wrong.. Good Luck, i like your grow room. Cant wait to see some stuff going on in it... But if you asked me what i would do with the space i would set up 2 4'X4' flood and drain tables each with an air cooled 600W mixed spectrum light. That would give you room to walk around.. Also in the veg room i would have a couple DWC mothers and a cloning section... Maybe grab a nice bubble cloner and place fresh rooted clones into the flowering tables maybe 20-25 clones per table. And Have the 2 flowering tables alternating in between months so one month one table is ready to harvest and thin place new clones and in a month the other is ready and so on... If you were to do this you could get anywhere from 1/4 to a Lb per table per harvest... But thats just me... Good luck bro...

Check out these sites...

This ones good for lights, when you select one check the box for the Euro Reflectour.. Its only 350.00 for a digital 1000W with Euro air cooled hood...
htgsupply.com

This ones good for everything else. Check out Ionic Nutrients, they are great and simple. They also have nice hydro equipmint...
horticulturesource.com

could i just run a 240v 40a line from the breaker box in the house to the lights and run the fans and floros on the wall outlets (120v) ??

Latest posts

Back