Real test.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah c-mon now Rose. There's "the rule" and "the exception to the rule" .. granted there's more 'exception to the rule' than not, it's still a bit ... well.. silly to flower with T5's when it would cost virtually the same to run an LED fixture for a much more full spectrum and power.

But yes, Weedhopper has T5'd out some seriously good looking stuff! He's a wonderful exception, I just feel for this moment, in horticultural life, LED's would be much more beneficial all around :D

(Love ya Rose!)

:vap-Bong_smoker:DGF a few folks have flowered with red spectrum T5's with good success. Weed Hopper is one, and I can't remember the others right now as I have been smoking pot.:vap-Bong_smoker:

WWG, I love to veg under T5's. I have flowered under HPS and LED. I like the LED because it is quiet and doesn't have a hot ballast like High Pressure Sodium lights do. HPS will rock out some dank in short order. I live in a desert and can't do the heat of HPS.

What lights are you using now?

for this one I am using 4- 1200 lumen cfl's and a 12" florescent grow light

OH yeah, you do need to up your lighting if you want to put out some quality meds/dank.

It is an investment that should last a very long time. CFL's aren't cheap and aren't good for growing. Get your self a T5 or LED... stat. You won't believe the difference. Really.

That is why your plants look like they do plus they are bag seed, is that right? Stick with us... we will have you growing like the big kids soon.

No I'm not gonna I'm scared of bugs and more so of neighbors. Just an impulsive thought I've been having

Are you in a legal state? Can you make a cover for her? Bugs outside are not as much a problem as an inside grow for me. That is a great idea.. do it slow, shade first, then sun. Not a bad idea at all. Only if you are in a legal state.

Save up some money and lets do this right. You did great considering what you had to work with.

While you can flower with T5s, if you are serious, you want to step up to HPS or LED to flower. My first question to people wanting to get a proper grow space set up is usually what their budget is...so, how much do you have to spend on lights, fans, tent, etc, etc?

I can say that my LEDs do not actually run that much cooler than my HPS that was air cooled and my HPS ballast did not make that much noise. I am running about 300 less watts though. I had other reasons for trying LEDs. I can say that I am not so sold on LEDs that I am giving up my HPS. I will probably run both this winter, especially if I am in Oregon my then. The extra heat can be an asset in the winter.

Like DGF says, it is not too early to be thinking about getting proper light and genetics. As a side note, I am not a big fan of WW--seems like the whites smoke a bit harsh to me. Kushes, however, are some of my favorites. I love the taste of a good kush.

Let us know what your budget is, how big a space you have and we can help you pick lights, fans, etc.

Honestly I can spend what I need lets give out a solid number at for equipment, soil, and nutes $600

Ahhh PERFECT! Now we're talking. Ok... Maybe you can get a breakdown from THG / Rose / ME and come up to an idea of what are you want to take.

Either way, I would have some questions. Would you like to do Soil / Soilless / Hydro? You probably don't know, and I'm a super hydro guy. We can go from there, with that.

As for lights. You know what I recommend. The Mars Hydro II 400w fixture(s). That's about $180, shipped to your door (and done extremely fast for 99% of everyone, that I've noticed). Air flow depends on the size space. Did you want to go the "Grow Tent" route? That's what I do.. or closet route? Also, what's the dimensions of the space you want to grow in.. how many plants at a time, etc. For an idea, let us know your intentions. Is this for your personal self or maybe a few other friends that needs meds too? Personally, I use one tent for veg that is 4' x 4' x 7'.. next to that, is two more tents, both 4.5' x 4.5' x7' .. these are flowering only tents. I also just started an experimental space.. that tent space is 2.5' x 2.5' x 7'.

Also, I MUST stress.. take the pros advice here (as it seems you are) and wait till stuff is "ok'd" before you purchase! I couldn't stress this enough. You may think you found something nifty, and cheap somewhere, and it just turns out to be total CRAP! We're here to help you, because 1) you came to us for help and 2) we want to help you! It's fun to see someone's knowledge increase and to be a part of that :)

Answer some questions, and we got you. Your space, your method (hydro?) and your thoughts on lights. I strongly suggest LED's.

Easy dgf , hydros not for everyone starting out haha!
But seriously if you input all dgf is a skin your gonna get the best advice around!

Easy dgf , hydros not for everyone starting out haha!

Not true.. hydro is for anyone starting out, just as dirt is. Two entirely different methods of growing with LOADS of learning curve to each. I've done both and can honestly say I think Hydro is much easier and quicker to control. Doesn't mean dirt isn't awesome too.. just too slow (in veg) for me and not nearly as vigorous...and I can't adjust things quick enough...and I don't like the wet dry period... and I loathe dirt. LOL :) :D

Rose, PCDuck, Umbra and more.. can all do wonders with dirt.

Nice I'm dirt I did hydro once enjoyed it and went aero but I've no room for that at the min, but it shall rise again soon I hope

I wanted stick with soil for now. Want to start out with ten beans to begin to hopefully end up with four females. I'll measure the closet or take a pic that's where I wanna grow I have two different closets I can utilize.

Latest posts

Back