Real test.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to start out with ten beans to begin to hopefully end up with four females.

Well.. are you popping fem seeds or reg seeds? (Feminized or Regular). Fem seeds used to "have potential for issues" back when the breeding process was being figured out, but that was many years ago, and I could rattle off a dozen proper fem genetics that would blow your mind and be super stable for you. If you pop reg beans, then yeah, a 10-12 pack would be good to grow. :aok:

I'll measure the closet or take a pic that's where I wanna grow I have two different closets I can utilize.

Do both please. Pic and measurements.
Also, if you're bored.. take a moment to view my journals. I have loads and loaddddds of info and hi-res pics in them. They can be found in my signature, below every post I write. ;)

I wanted stick with soil for now.

Probably a good idea, since you're used to it. You'll be learned a LOT in the next few weeks / months, so prepare your mind! hah :)

I have some fix farm soil book marked along with the three part nute line they have

Awesome, I hear decent stuff about their soil, but their nutes are kind of piss poor. I would recommend General Hydroponics 3 Part Flora line, or Technaflora, or Dutch Masters Gold. Personally, I would use Technaflora if I could afford it! hah

I'm not really very aware of soil processes. I've always done nute free soilless stuff. Sunshine Advanced Mix #4...it's basically soil, that has not been amended with the first 4 (or so) weeks of nutes. Rose will probably come along and help you with more suggestions for soil.

KISS method. "Keep It Simple Stupid" ... you'll want to bring it back to the KISS method when thinking of nutes. There's a lot of snake oil out there, and some stuff that works decent at certain points. I would just do base nutes and MAYBE a carb (Liquid Koolbloom / Bloombastic etc)...no need for many additives until you learn more.

Gosh you guys are awesome ok pics to come just home, from work so gonna toke than poke...... Around some. Teehee...

These guys were super awesome to me nearly 3 years ago now... I love to repay the favor whenever I can, so anything I can do is gravy. As for soil, I toss that rein over to the first to grab it (Rose.. lol)

Quote: Well.. are you popping fem seeds or reg seeds? (Feminized or Regular). Fem seeds used to "have potential for issues" back when the breeding process was being figured out, but that was many years ago, and I could rattle off a dozen proper fem genetics that would blow your mind and be super stable for you. If you pop reg beans, then yeah, a 10-12 pack would be good to grow.

I was leaning more towards fem seeds but if you suggest against it

I do not suggest against it. I'm one of a few here that very much enjoy FEM seeds. I have good luck with regs too, but most fem's have yet to let me down :) Now-a-days I run everything as clones, for the most part. I'll pop some seeds and take clones along the way and throw them in the mix as well, but mostly clones of proven genetics :D

As for that closet... is that the onnnnnly space you have? I have no experience with slanted interior roofs like that, but everything inside my body screams NO NO, FOR THE LOVE OF BAJEBUS, NO! :D lol!

Do you want to be organic? The slanted room could perhaps veg only. not flower.

There are four shelves that are easy to remove that is 5' wide 2.5 deep not going into the cubbie part. And 4' going into the cubbie part and 8' high

I opt for the small room, always. You'll love the work space! :)

Get a tent for it and BOOM.. in bizness

I own 4 myself :)

Also, if you get a quality tent, you reap the rewards of it all during it's life.. I have 2 quality tents and 2 ....not...so..quality tents. lol. The two Sun Huts I have are so much better than my two Lighthouse tents, it's not even a comparison.

Watch out for "kits".. not sure if you ment Light / tent / exhaust / etc type of combos.. but just watch out for them. We'll lay out a full shopping list quite soon once we get your space down. Ok.. so you'll want a small veg space, and a flowering space. 4 females at once, I'd recommend 4 x 4 x 7 tent for flowering but that would be FOUR of the Mars 400 fixtures. Remember, when this started you had it setup as a 1 plant system... so now it's a 4 plant system so more cost in everything. But, you get discounts when you purchase multiple LED fixtures from Mars so this will help you.

I'll get a full list shortly. Dealing with some things at home currently :) I'll be back.

No prob.

And yeah we were looking at tent/light kits the small room is 12'x8' it has its own thermostat for heat( I live in new England) two 5'x2' windows on the same wall side by side. And that room had the smaller slanted closet in it do could veg in closet than move to tent.

We were also looking at the grow tube/light kits and the cabinets as well

This is just my opinion but I would never buy the "premade" grow tent "kits". They are often set up to be less than what you really need for a solid grow. A lot of times they use cheap lights/fans in order to keep the price low enough to be enticing. The truth is that every grow is and should be customized to the grower's needs, as every grower has their own unique environment and circumstances.

I used to have 3 tents and I highly recommend them. I don't have any right now as I don't have the space to utilize them, but they are excellent for creating mini controlled environs within a larger space.

I found that having a space within a space is a good way for small, personal grows to be able to control the air and temps without having to go to great and expensive lengths. Having one or more grow tents within a larger room allows you to draw in fresh air from outside, and then moderate that air for humidity and temps before it goes into the smaller grow space.

I had my tent air drawn through carbon filters and exhausted outside of the larger work-room and then had openings to allow fresh air to come(passively) into the workroom where I could heat or cool it to a reasonable temp before it was pulled into the tent. This works quite well for me and helps me to keep the air temps very comfortable for the plants without having to inject co2(which is more expense and quite challenging).

While I do have tents and do use them sometimes, I prefer closets for the stealth factor. My vegging closet is in one of my bedroom closets (2 x 4 x 4) and the flowering space is in a closet off the master bath(3 x 6.5 x 7.5). People can come into my home and I do not have to worry about them stumbling into my grow. In a state that has draconian cannabis laws, that can be important.

Hush is right about the entire kits. You are a lot better off purchasing things "ala carte". Every grow IS unique. And like he says, they often use cheap hoods, inadequate fans, etc. The cabinet set-ups, IMO, are worse--way over-priced and under equipped.

The good people will be more than happy to help you out along the way regardless of what you decide on. So, it is a good idea to post up all potential purchases and get the opinions of others before you buy. And you can get the vegging space up and running while you are working on the flowering space.

Ok with ask that bring said. Keys talk beans. So kush strains are highly recommended? Yes? So I will get on ordering this so I can pop them before I run out of time to do that ��

Latest posts

Back