Real test.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you adjust that you think made the difference? It could be coincidence or it could be a key to remember for future grows

What did you adjust that you think made the difference? It could be coincidence or it could be a key to remember for future grows

haha its dumb really. I started closing the door rather than leaving it open must of the day. A real big duh! Moment. It's made ask the difference.

I don't really think that closing the door during lights on could have made any difference. In fact, without proper ventilation, you are probably better to keep the door open--the plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. As there is no real reason that closing the door would improve the environment, I think that you are just at that end stage when the buds put on bulk.

Yeah, I mentioned this to her before :) Closing the door would have 0 effect.. it's just coincidence that the buds are bulking now after the "change"

Keep on keepin' on Wordwar.

I bet! I wish I was at the end!! Life's been throwing me some curves. Keep having to put off the hps lamp. Now I wish I had just went the fast route and bought bulbs for the t5ho set and flowered with that. At least I would be halfway through the flower stage by now.
Looking good wordwar!

I bet! I wish I was at the end!! Life's been throwing me some curves. Keep having to put off the hps lamp. Now I wish I had just went the fast route and bought bulbs for the t5ho set and flowered with that. At least I would be halfway through the flower stage by now.
Looking good wordwar!

Thanks, yeah its taken some time and patience and still more to come. Not done yet still will have drying and curing. But yeah everyone get some extra some extra expenses come up, I'm right there with you buddy.

Your patience will pay off. She really is looking good. Also, when you get new seeds, you can look for something a bit faster....and quality lighting will make it a difference, too.

While I think that DGF's scrog setup is great and I may run something like that myself, I No offense to DGF, but I would like to see you get some other inoputjust don't think it is for the new grower. It is easy to kill a plant in hydro and if things go south, it is often hard to correct it. Not that I am saying don't run hydro, I am saying run more than 1 plant...regardless of what method you use to grow. I just think you should not put all your eggs in one basket, especially while you are learning.

No offense to DGF (he is an outstanding grower), but I would love for you to get input from everyone and then make a decision based on what you think would work best for you. We know that you have about a $600 budget--that is workable. Tell us about your space and your climate. Do you intend to use a tent or do you have a space? Climate can make a big difference. Will you have more money down the road to spend on your grow? It is really nice to have separate vegging and flowering spaces. If you may be interested in doing this later, it will influence what you buy now.

You have done a great job with very little. I have every confidence that with the proper equipment that you will be an outstanding grower.

All the room dynamics I posted earlier in this thread, I have two closets to work with plus s small bedroom with one of those said closets in attached. I will have more money down the line to invest def.

I an going to start setting up the veg closet hopefully this weekend get it painted and cleaned. Is the smaller closet with the pitched roof. Shown earlier in the thread.

The girl is looking good. Now is my favorite time, watching the flowers bloom :D and smelling the lovely odors.

I think the small closet will be fine for vegging. I love T5s for vegging and would recommend something like this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Designer-4Ft-Tube-Fixture-Bulbs-FLP46/dp/B002TJQ61W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441728113&sr=8-2&keywords=t5+grow+light+4ft+6+tube[/ame] or this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Commercial-Fixture-Choice/dp/B00HE04WTY/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1441728190&sr=8-11&keywords=t5+grow+light[/ame],

You will need an exhaust fan--a 4" should do, but a 6" isn't much more. The one DGF linked would be great. You will need a speed controller for the fan. You need an oscillating fan to move the air around within the space. A carbon filter is not needed in the veg space.

It will take the plants about 6-8 weeks after planting to be ready to flower. During that time, you will need to get a flowering space set up--the other closet will probably do just fine. I really like using closets, but you do need to keep in mind that you need electricity (and adequate amperage) in there and you have to set up ventilation, which entails drilling holes in things. Can you do that? Are you a handy type person who can use a drill and a big drill bit? If not, tents may be a better option.

Have you decided on seeds yet? You should think about what kind of high you want and then you can find seeds that meet that criteria. There are so many hybrids and crosses that you can probably find something that is exactly like you want as far as taste, type of high, and growing characteristics.

I think the small closet will be fine for vegging. I love T5s for vegging and would recommend something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TJQ61W/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 or this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HE04WTY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20,

You will need an exhaust fan--a 4" should do, but a 6" isn't much more. The one DGF linked would be great. You will need a speed controller for the fan. You need an oscillating fan to move the air around within the space. A carbon filter is not needed in the veg space.

It will take the plants about 6-8 weeks after planting to be ready to flower. During that time, you will need to get a flowering space set up--the other closet will probably do just fine. I really like using closets, but you do need to keep in mind that you need electricity (and adequate amperage) in there and you have to set up ventilation, which entails drilling holes in things. Can you do that? Are you a handy type person who can use a drill and a big drill bit? If not, tents may be a better option.

Have you decided on seeds yet? You should think about what kind of high you want and then you can find seeds that meet that criteria. There are so many hybrids and crosses that you can probably find something that is exactly like you want as far as taste, type of high, and growing characteristics.

we are going for chemdawg beans. And yes I am very handy

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, what made you pick chemdawg? I am thinking that you might also want something on the indica side for nighttime. How many plants are you planning on? The chemdawg will probably get quite tall as it is sat dominant. How tall is your other closet that you will be flowering in??

Just curious, what made you pick chemdawg? I am thinking that you might also want something on the indica side for nighttime. How many plants are you planning on? The chemdawg will probably get quite tall as it is sat dominant. How tall is your other closet that you will be flowering in??

is chemdawg really. The seed banks I was reading through had said that they were indica dominant damn. Well that changes some things.

I have a godfather bean that I'm germinating right now just a little restless I went and bought the foxfarm happy frog. I'm gonna paint this weekend. Just put it out this morning. A bean from a trusted friend.

Latest posts

Back