Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
docfishwrinkle said:
*** r they growing in an old cathedral? plz do elaborate on how u get 3.5 bows off 1 friggin plant indoors. tommy pm me so i can read 4 myself on this one. hopefully w/ pics
PM sent, check out the pics of those monsters... ;)

By the way, the final yield on one of the plants that he spoke about in particular was 1391 grams, which is around 3.1 pounds dry weight. Not bad for indoor.

y don't you ad the link so we all can see this mythical horticultural wonder.lol

brookstown said:
y don't you ad the link so we all can see this mythical horticultural wonder.lol
Because I'm sure he doesn't want kids like you posting to doubt him, knowing you I wouldn't be surprised if you asked for a picture of it on the scale lol.

Do something better with your time.

TommyBres said:
That says it all. I just saw a grow on another forum I visit where a guy pulled 3-3.5 pounds PER PLANT on a 23 plant grow, but this guy thinks he's big news pulling 2 pounds out of 25 plants. Brooks, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, and I won't say I grow more than you because it's simply not true. That being said, get over yourself, you're not big news and you have no right to question her figures just because yours are terrible.
Ok. I am totally confused between this and 4U2smoke calling **.
Somebody explain this.
I just cut down a 4' plant hung to dry and now curing.pulled 3/4 pound dried weight.slightly airy bud because of the stretch but I used hemps 300w HPS on her. Is this too little or 2 much. And if I would have scrogged it I feel I would have done better because I wouldn't have had as much stretch along with being able to keep the kool tube closer.

city said:
Ok. I am totally confused between this and 4U2smoke calling **.
Somebody explain this.
I just cut down a 4' plant hung to dry and now curing.pulled 3/4 pound dried weight.slightly airy bud because of the stretch but I used hemps 300w HPS on her. Is this too little or 2 much. And if I would have scrogged it I feel I would have done better because I wouldn't have had as much stretch along with being able to keep the kool tube closer.
There are MANY different ways to grow, and no single true and tested best way of doing things. This guy had 24,800W of lighting for 23 plants, and he's been doing this for a looong time and surely knows what he's doing. Since brooks managed to find his way to the thread and post in it already, here's the link for others to see:

hxxp://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f54/doubleds-again-28-light-hydro-garden-5271/

second thought
kinda makes my stomach sick man
those colas are.... ridiculous.

wow !what a mind blow awesome stuff thanks for sharing that one t.h.g

TommyBres said:
There are MANY different ways to grow, and no single true and tested best way of doing things. This guy had 24,800W of lighting for 23 plants, and he's been doing this for a looong time and surely knows what he's doing. Since brooks managed to find his way to the thread and post in it already, here's the link for others to see:

hxxp://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f54/doubleds-again-28-light-hydro-garden-5271/

DAMN, that is a beautiful thing to see. I just did the math though, at California electricity prices those lights alone would be around $7000 a month.:eek::eek:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't really know what your point is--I haven't decided whether you are calling me a liar or a hack.
PS--It was actually about 5.5 ozs.
I've no doubt whatsoever. :cool2: Second time I've gone through this thread THG. EXCELLENT!
You go up in my estimation daily. You're the guvnor Goddess. (I mean guvness :D )

Wow that was a sweet grow. Id like to try that!
But probably in soil, How would you rate 2 plants with scrog
method verses the same 2 plants with standard method under same lights
as far as time/yeild goes?

:48:

Iron Lotus said:
Wow that was a sweet grow. Id like to try that!
But probably in soil, How would you rate 2 plants with scrog
method verses the same 2 plants with standard method under same lights
as far as time/yeild goes?

:48:

I personally believe that hydro produces a little more and that the plants grow a little faster, but I see no reason that you couldn't get about the same results with soil. :D

I think that this is probably what im going to do for my first grow. great design and cheap build.. 2 p's 5z's here i come!

Just bumping this awesome setup. Once I get moved i'm gonna do a setup in soil using your screen DIY. Thinking braced plywood floor with 2x4s (Gotta alter the setup to hold the soil of 2-3 plants) about 3ft by 3 ft I'd say under a 400W HPS. How high off the plant/soil base should the screen be set up at? Sucks but I guess I'll have to put down 6ish and see however many I can get as I have to start over with no clones so will plant enough that i can remove as necessary for males. Its gonna be a PITA to do, but hell I need new citral seeds anyways, so maybe I'll let a male live a little while to get some new ones. I'd like to get into DWC but having never done it I'm gonna wait to just do my soil mix which did wonders for me for a newbie grower. Ramble much? Yes I do. But nice job!

larnek, whats up? i did a scrog w/ citral from nirvana & worked great. also from seed. what i did was just let em go into pre flower b4 putting under screen. trying 2 un-weave a male in screen is a PITA! if u let go to pre flower then they should be around 12" tall & IMO perfect size 2 start training in scrog. this height lets u b able 2 get in there & work. dont 4get 2 flip lights around 75% of screen being full 2 compesate 4 stretch. oh 1 last thing gradually trim sucker branches & fans undre the screen b4 flip.

GL & take care

DFW

canibanol cannonball said:
it helps with height and yield, keeping all the bud sites at the same level helps the plant grow a little more fuller. There is no "top branch" so there is no competition between branches for light

great! i have one plant with two tops now and one is quite taller than the other...someone on here sed to check out SCROG and here i am.... much thanks!!!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7543

great job THG.. really piqued my interest in SCROG.
i'm going to try a little experiment with it outdoor this year. :) (soil grower here though)

Latest posts

Back