Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOG actually means Sea Of Green...your basically encouraging the top cola's to spread horizontally instead of vertically, its a worth while way because it can nrly double your yield :)

canibanol cannonball said:
BUDS! im getting a contact high :)
How do you get at the resevoir in that jungle? Im guessing you cant lift the screen no more..?

i keep a mini fish pump in their with the hose sticking out the lid if i need to pump water out, and like thg i hav a spare net pot to pour in water

skmaduev said:
SOG actually means Sea Of Green...your basically encouraging the top cola's to spread horizontally instead of vertically, its a worth while way because it can nrly double your yield :)

SOG is indeed Sea Of Green, but you are not encouraging the top colas to spread horizontally--that is SCROG. In a SOG, you basically grow lots of single cola plants (vertically) and allow very little horizontal growth.

so tell me the 150 dual cool tubes are they all round light source or just for flowering

im needing a low electric user for a single set up that will produce the light i need for the whole grow

You can certainly use a HPS for the entire grow. If you change out all your household light bulbs to CFLs, you will probably offset the power usage of a 150W HPS.

There are some misconceptions about CFLs and HPS lights. Lumen per lumen, CFLs actually (generally) cost more to purchase initially, cost more to operate every single month, put out more heat, and produce substantially less bud than a HPS.

Can we get an xmass update PLZ? :)

I'm about to LST some C99 I got at a dispensary in DWC. It's been really easy to train so far. I'm veging the mother, going to cut clones in a couple weeks.

This is awesome THG! I'll be trying this method for my next generation of clones... Maybe with soil to start with... Never done hydro yet, but REALLY interested!

WOOOHOOO dead thread revival!!!... last post a month ago and before that ... 2 years hehee (actually i think about 14 months or so ) ... but still )

Sorry, Just kinda funny ) hehhee

LOL--well actually there were a number of posts between Dec 09 and Jan 11. There were a whole lot of posts lost when we crashed--over a years worth.

Gixxerman, if you need more info, let me know. I'll help you if I can. This scrog grow was really fun and I was happy with the yield. I think clones are the only way to go. You should be just fine doing soil.

def does suck as there was alot of info in this thread that is no more. scrogs are fun but must have patience w/ training

well I'll definitely be hitting you up in a few months on further details about your feeding mixtures and which products you prefer for this method.. I would LOVE to replicate your results, but I want to do a twenty gallon rez. with 6 plants instead of two... What do you think!?

Maybe 4 in a 20 gal res. I think 6 would be pushing it. How much space and light are you talking about?

Hi Hemp.....after seeing this I thought I would try it.

So basically....as they grow up to the screen you keep tying them to the screen until it's filled, then flower it? Is there any 'specific' place they need to be tied?
You mentioned you would of used something other than chicken wire..... why?

You do not need to tie anything down. You just keep the growing tips under the screen, training them to grow horizontally and fill most of the screen. When it gets time to flower (when screen is about 3/4 full), let the growing tips poke up through the screen.

Cool. Thanks. Approx how long did it take before you flowered?
Also. How much above the plants did you place your screen?

I think I did about a 5 week veg. I used clones from a Satori. They are very well rooted before I put them into the hydro unit. So all told from cutting the clone to flipping to 12/12 was probably 8 weeks.

Killer outcome, them buds looked sweet. I'm gonna have to go check out satori i think you said, anyway a real thing of beauty,I'm very impressed with the little unit,

The Hemp Goddess said:
10-The unit in action.

I like that I can lift the frame and top away from the res and it will sit by itself with the plants to clean the res if need be.

what the size of this place?

Latest posts

Back