Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok newb question... (late at that)

do you just tangle everything in the screen as it grows up to it?
or is there pruniing involved?

thanks in advance

mofo

no pruning just pushing branches back under screen to allow a bud site per square of of grid. its used to have an even canopy so lower level buds will have a chance @ becoming something. this method makes most buds comparable in size. no main cola b/c growth hormones are now being distributed more evenly than sending straight to the top as in a traditional grow.

i think most people trim the undergrowth below the screen before flowering? or at least some of it to allow more airflow.

haha GG u got me. yes trimming under-growth b4 flower is a must to allow proper ventilation & to send plants energy where needed. must do this slowly not to shock plant. trim no more than 1/3 of growth off @ once & allow 5-7 days rebound time. i thought mofo was talking above screen. guess its time 2 fire it up! oh yeah go RED WINGS!!!

I just harvested a savata plant which I had reveged once. I was thinking of revegin her again but this time in this scrog type setup......What do you think?

It'll work just fine, you should also have a decent amount of solid horizontal branching which will speed things up quite a lot.

canibanol cannonball said:
"screen of green" its like a SOG "sea of green" but with a screen

love the setup Godess, i wanna see it bud
no sog is when plants growing in diffienet stages all in the same grow room u time the grow or (blooming) stage so u can harvest every 2 to 4 weeks so u never have down time in ur bloom area. srcrog is the uses of a screen to control grow highth for a plant it also let the plants canopy
stay even so u have more top coles on one plant, there is more to it:hubba: but this is the basics to the two styles of growing plants

se3dl3ss said:
no sog is when plants growing in diffienet stages all in the same grow room u time the grow or (blooming) stage so u can harvest every 2 to 4 weeks so u never have down time in ur bloom area. srcrog is the uses of a screen to control grow highth for a plant it also let the plants canopy
stay even so u have more top coles on one plant, there is more to it:hubba: but this is the basics to the two styles of growing plants

you are correct to a certain degree. youre talking of a perpetual grow. a sog can be grown this way, but usually you will let seedlings get a root base then put into flower so there is just a main cola.

That's a really simple, brilliant design. I love it!

Is it wobbly at all?

I couldn't be more grateful for this informative post, thanks alot THG. i will be doing my grow SCROG styles soon but with soil. I have one small question could i have a fan hanging over the plant. im growing in a cabinet so could the fan's position be like a ceiling fan but within the cabinet, or do i have to put the fan at the side of the plant ? thanks once again for this knowledge. :)

iamganja id personally keep it off to the side so air/humidity dont get built up under the canopy which would cause problems such as mold. well see what thg thinks though.

docfishwrinkle said:
iamganja id personally keep it off to the side so air/humidity dont get built up under the canopy which would cause problems such as mold. well see what thg thinks though.

ill have to just find a smaller fan im guessing hopefully i can find one the right size.:D thanks for the input

what size is your cabinet? maybe you could use same fan & get creative & divert breeze to both locations. get creative. thats the best part of growing. i try to make everything. screw these companies that put their hands deep into your pockets. well good luck. u r doing a GJ arent u? i love scrog. chk out turkeyneck's gws journal.

Iamganja said:
I couldn't be more grateful for this informative post, thanks alot THG. i will be doing my grow SCROG styles soon but with soil. I have one small question could i have a fan hanging over the plant. im growing in a cabinet so could the fan's position be like a ceiling fan but within the cabinet, or do i have to put the fan at the side of the plant ? thanks once again for this knowledge. :)

Thanks!

IMO, it is best to have it off to the side (don't you have a light hanging over the plant?). Like the doc said, it helps keep humidity from building up, but it also helps provide fresh supplies of CO2, and helps strengthen the branches. Also, the air at the top of the cabinet will be the warmest air--you don't want to recirc this back to the plants. You really should have (at the least) an exhaust fan at the top of your cab, a passive inlet at the bottom and an oscillating fan somewhere in between moving air around.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Thanks!

IMO, it is best to have it off to the side (don't you have a light hanging over the plant?). Like the doc said, it helps keep humidity from building up, but it also helps provide fresh supplies of CO2, and helps strengthen the branches. Also, the air at the top of the cabinet will be the warmest air--you don't want to recirc this back to the plants. You really should have (at the least) an exhaust fan at the top of your cab, a passive inlet at the bottom and an oscillating fan somewhere in between moving air around.

tht clears up alot im going to buy my screen today and hopefully it will be installed i will take pictures and maybe have another SCROG DIY for soil :p i will give all the specific measurements today. and i should be fine with a 150w hps for one plant right ? other than that im good to go. :)

I am currently using GH Flora Nova. I previously used the GH Flora 3 part nutes. I think I am going back to them as you can "fine tune" your nutes a little better with the 3 part formula.

(Oh, darn, it has started snowing--and I am just not ready for winter)

TommyBres said:
No actually, that 3-3.5lbs per plant was all indoor. Thanks for ASSuming though, quite fitting for your character.

NICE GROW, WEEL DONE AND CONGRATS ON THE YIELD WITH ONLY A DIY 300 WATTER. SORRY FOR COMING IN UR THREAD TMG (BEAUTIFUL GIRL TO GO WITH A BEAUTIFUL GROW!) BUT I GOT TO CALL B S ON THIS GUY! NO WAY 3.5 EA. LBS INDOOR! DID THE SO CALLEED MR CERVANTEZ GUY HAVE 20 FOOT CEILINGS TO ACCOMODATE???? I CALL YOU ON THAT ONE

Latest posts

Back