Shrooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amon1011

Reaction score
There are some tiny mushrooms growing in my soil. Good, Bad, Doesn't matter? What should I do?

I would get them out. What kind of soil are you using?

repot the plant bro with clean soil.... i would just too be sure

Are they yellow? If so, these are common house plant mushrooms. It is called Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, aka Lepiota lutea or the yellow houseplant mushroom:). I think they are poisonous so don't try to eat them;).

bombbudpuffa said:
Are they yellow? If so, these are common house plant mushrooms. It is called Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, aka Lepiota lutea or the yellow houseplant mushroom:). I think they are poisonous so don't try to eat them;).

The only way to know what type of shroom it is, is by taking a spore print.

I used MG organic potting soil, and yes they are a slight yellow tint. I'm just goin to b sure and rip em out there very tiny. Thank you

huh?!?!?! since when is this a bad thing...i got mushrooms all over my compost heap. :hubba:
mushrooms growing shows that you myc is just chimed right in.
many organic growers get some fungal growth on the top of the soil.......and get excited. just either turn it into the dirt or put it in with the bag of soil. just means you had spores in the dirt and you made the dirt happy which in turn made the fungi happy. ;) microbial life loves fungi compost. well blended organic teas have some sort of myco in it.
be watchful how much your watering tho.

exacly that ^^^^^^ thanks Mutt again

:D don't eatem!:D that wouldn't be a good idea, but letting them grow undisturbed would be. You have healthy soil happenin' and you get to watch a tiny little ecosystem develop as well! How cool.:)

I agree with BLANCOLIGHTER...Your keeping your soil too wet and it needs to dry out betweeen waterings. Everything ive ever read says those things are no good.

Latest posts

Back