Sorry...i jumped the gun!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceface

Space Cadet
Reaction score
Ok....if youve been reading my current posts you would have known that i was frustrated that my beans from the tude didnt pop....well...after about a week of germing....i wake up this morning to find that the ladies popped!!!!....i was so so surprised:eek:....i woke up to a damn near 1/4 tap root on 3 of the 5 beans!!!:holysheep:....i am so geeked!!!....like ive said before...im not the most patient person...this will be a lesson to me indeed....in the patients department;)...Thanks ART for telling me not to give up on them....everything thus far in my current grow i owe to you friend!!!...thanks!!!....ok...some questions real quick tho....im growing outta hempys....im growin MI5 autos....i will be puttin the beans in 3 inch rock cubes in a bit....now since these are auto and in cubes...should i leave them under light till they pop above the medium....then go to 18/6 or 20/4....once they are settled...and should i feed them from the get go?...or wait a week or so?....again thanks to all of you who have helped me thus far...especially you Art.....thanks again friends!!!

Great news, space! :D I recommend putting the rockwool cubes in some kind of humidity dome - a cup or glass over a saucer in a warm place. They should pop in a day or 2. As soon as the head pops up, plant the rockwool in your medium and they'll need light (not too strong at first, maybe a cfl) from then on. Keep the cube moist. Just water for first few weeks. Better let attitude know of your success... :hubba:

thanks Art!!...now in the humidity dome...should i have a floro over the top?...and they should go about a half inch into the wool?....right?...with a little cover on top....thanks as always Art.....oh yeah...should i ring the cubes out a bit?....or nah?

They don't need light until they pop. Tail down in the rockwool, at least 1/4 inch or so below the top. Close the rockwool back over the bean with a toothpick. You can wring it out a bit but it needs to be pretty moist.

wowie kazowie spaceface:banana: :clap: :lama:

I am also short on the patience and I seriously would have given up - so thanks for teaching me a lesson as well!
xox
OHC

Glad it worked fer ya don't forget to let the tude know.

Hey man..GREAT news! Glad to here things worked out for ya!

OHC...no prob....im glad to see that makes two of us:p!!!!....indeed chef....i sent them an email....stating everything has worked out....here is a pic of one of the tappers....and the other is my "humidity dome"....that will work right?...just tupperware with cling wrap over the top secured by rubber bands....

SANY1246.JPG

SANY1247.JPG

spaceface said:
OHC...no prob....im glad to see that makes two of us:p!!!!....indeed chef....i sent them an email....stating everything has worked out....here is a pic of one of the tappers....and the other is my "humidity dome"....that will work right?...just tupperware with cling wrap over the top secured by rubber bands....

I would either lose the plastic wrap on the tupperware completely or just drape it over loosely. Do not secure it tightly with rubber bands. Your plants need some air. Even humidity domes have air vents.

Yaaaay! Wish I was patient.

On the Tupper, just roll opposite ends back about an inch and secure with clothespins if the rubber band won't stay in place. That way, you've got a little air movement from one end to the other.

thanks hemp goddess and pencil.......pencilhead...i like that...LOL....can i just poke some holes in it?.....will this suffice?...

ok this is what i did....this willprolly work right?...or do i need a bit more flow of air?....the red circles indicate where i put the holes...i slit them with a knif then pushed my finger thru them......heres the pic

SANY1249.JPG

trust me i know waitin for someting that you think faild sux.... but sometime you get luckyyyy..... that awsome goodluck

Good to hear they popped.

but these were seeds not clones you dont need a dome or a cover at all
IMO, but then again i dont use rock wool just dirt, not sure if that makes a difference.

I very rarely use domes for anything...they need to recieve air, if your worried about humidity, maybe put a humidifier close to them, or your spaces intake.

I do know that alot of folks do sucssefully use domes to, but I would remove it as soon as your plants pop out of the cubes.

That sprout looks nice and healthy-I'm glad (And you will be) that you hung in there.
Patience my son....Patience
lol
:aok:
:)
Gb

GeezerBudd said:
That sprout looks nice and healthy-I'm glad (And you will be) that you hung in there.
Patience my son....Patience
lol
:aok:
:)
Gb

thanks geezer!!!..im glad i hung in there too!!...yea it does look nice and healthy...i guess the ladies just wanted to sleep in a bit...but now their ready to get up and at em....and wifey ALWAYS...ALWAYS tells me to have patience.....maybe this was just a lesson to learn from.....:)

thats very good news space :D you need to be patient in growimg you could still mess up if you're impatient. don't feed them! they would die, they are like newborn babies, fragile, be patient let them grow few weeks before any feeding ;) keep us posted

Latest posts

Back