spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maarick said:
im srry
wht im trying to say is
are azamax and organocide safe to drench the grow medium
and still affect the spider mites on the leaves....
srry about the confusion

No. Neither of these are systemics. Both of these are sprays and are not meant to be put into your medium.

While they may say that they are safe to use up to harvest, azamax is made from Neem oil, which tastes quite nasty (and I have never found it to be effective). Organocide is made up of palm oil and fish oils....not sure I want to smoke that either.

The Hemp Goddess said:
No. Neither of these are systemics. Both of these are sprays and are not meant to be put into your medium.

I just bought and used Azamax, and the directions have a whole section on ratio's for drenching the soil. That was where my bugs were, and they seem to be gone for now. I didn't have a huge outbreak though. It also says that it does absorb into the entire plant, and the different effects that it has on the different bugs, and is also a preventative for bugs eating the plant once it has cycled through the plant.

THG, do you have info against that with your experience? First time Ive used it, and that is what it said reading through the direction booklet.

Hello to all. I have read the post and have been dealing with this problem for a while and seem to have slowed or stopped them in there tracks. For one thing if you use lumber in your grow room set up then they have been known to be in the wood so a good spray with pyrethrins and canola oil. Which also works on your plants of course but one thing I have found to be effective in my last attempt and that is Volck (petroleum based) Oil Spray by Ortho which is usually a dormant plant insecticide but has a mixing ratio for actively growing plants. I have only used it on my vegging plants and they seem to be stopped. I took a look the underside of the leaves with a 100x scope and they are dead and the eggs too. The good thing about the oil spray is that it keeps them and their eggs from sticking to the leaves. I do recommend that you wash the leaves before budding. This again is not a definite fix but it has worked for me. If anybody tries and it works for them also then let me know. :farm:

well any ways, not having the best of luck with forbid so im gonna give them a try

ChewbacaKz said:
So any one on here use predator. Mites ?

waste of time if the problem is a problem. they will eat 26 mites then die..... so if you do the math it aint worth it.

soil :icon_smile:

ChewbacaKz said:
well any ways, not having the best of luck with forbid so im gonna give them a try

:confused2: :confused2: ??????????????????????????

Forbid has always been 420% for me with just one application and I do mean complete eradication.

What seems to be the problem?

Wet

Well I have sprayed forbid twice in both my veg and flower rooms but these lil guys are persistent

What kind of sprayer are you using? Are you sure you are spraying at the right concentrations and getting both the tops and bottoms of all the leaves on all the plants? I have never had Forbid fail to eradicate mites.

I have tried about everything. I never had any kind of luck at all with predator mites or ladybugs, neem oil, soap, alcohol, etc, etc. If Forbid is not doing it, I doubt that you are going to have any luck at all with predator mites. You might try another strong miticide like Avid or Floramite.

Well I am mixing as directed and I'm using the spray bottle that came with liquid ladybug, and I sprayed tops and bottom till I thought my plants were gonna drown.

I missed that you used liquid lady bug, i like that too. In order to really get them I put a piece of paper in the pot to help keep the dirt in, lay the pot on it's side and soak the underside, roll the pot around till all the underside is soaked, then set the pot upright and spray the tops. Repeat in whatever time they say on the label is important.
In my very humble experience, you use one thing twice, then go to something else. I have been pretty lucky that I have had eradication with the liquid lady bugs and the preditory mites. Good luck. I haven't had to use any of the "big guns" these guys have.

Well I bought the liquid ladybug first, but did me no good. I will try to up the dosage of forbid and see what happenshappens

ChewbacaKz said:
Well I bought the liquid ladybug first, but did me no good. I will try to up the dosage of forbid and see what happenshappens

Do not go over the recc doseage. All you'll do is burn your plants and breed resistant mites.

If you read the directions, it says not to apply more than every 28 days, or to use any other treatments.

Wet

OK ty wet, I just want to be rid of them, finally where I wanted to be on a good rotation and now this

I have found the ultimate spider mite remedy. Ladybugs. They have turned my grow around in just 4 days as they eat the mites they also eat the eggs and the debris that mites leave behind. My local hydro shop has had them for $9.99 for 1500 and I shared them with a buddy and he is also impressed.

Sorry, but ladybugs are far from being the ultimate spider mite remedy. I have used ladybugs several times and never had any luck at all with them. If you read up, you will find that their preferred food is not mites--they will eat some of them, but it is rare that they will eradicate them. If you have not had "luck" with Forbid, I do not know what to tell you except that I do not believe that you can get rid of your problem with ladybugs or any kind of predator mites.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Sorry, but ladybugs are far from being the ultimate spider mite remedy. I have used ladybugs several times and never had any luck at all with them. If you read up, you will find that their preferred food is not mites--they will eat some of them, but it is rare that they will eradicate them. If you have not had "luck" with Forbid, I do not know what to tell you except that I do not believe that you can get rid of your problem with ladybugs or any kind of predator mites.

:yeahthat:

soil :holysheep:

same old remedies huh? There is something that gets the mites safely in veg or bloom. Sorry Im not "allowed" to mention it
in this forum. Good luck to you all.

Latest posts

Back