spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woweeonmauai said:
same old remedies huh? There is something that gets the mites safely in veg or bloom. Sorry Im not "allowed" to mention it
in this forum. Good luck to you all.

LOL--yes because the "same old remedies" work. I have tried your Stuff Mighty Wash and was less than impressed. Are you a salesman for them? You seemed to have no problem pushing the product in all your other posts.

Yes they do, the forbid worked well for me, finally. Thank goodness

Hey chew glad to hear things are looking up, I just purchased some forbid under THG's advice for preventative
measures, I am wondering even though the ladybugs won't totaly eradicate all spider mites would it still be an ok idea to get some and throw em in my garden?

I would think the forbid would also kill the ladybugs, so it might be pointless, just a guess

ChewbacaKz said:
I would think the forbid would also kill the ladybugs, so it might be pointless, just a guess

yes it will kill the ladybugs. at least wait 2 weeks to put lady's in there , but just as soon as the coca cola wears off their wings they will fly right into the HID lights an die.

the mj environment is not a good place for ladybugs , they will eat a bunch of mites , but they just dont live long enough to do any real damage to them.

after the forbid kills them all then it wont hurt to use neem oil every week or 2 to keep them under control.

i use neem every other day to get rid of a bad problem.

soil :D

dontknowmuch said:
Hey chew glad to hear things are looking up, I just purchased some forbid under THG's advice for preventative
measures, I am wondering even though the ladybugs won't totaly eradicate all spider mites would it still be an ok idea to get some and throw em in my garden?

Ladybugs are very ineffective against mites. In fact so muc so that I believe them to be a waste of time and money. They are not their preferred food and they will only eat them if there is no other food present. In addition, they die and I found more than one of them "preserved" inside a bud--yukky. Neem oil is also quite ineffective against mites. And if used into flowering, it can leave a very nasty taste on your buds.

And as mentioned, you cannot use forbid and ladybugs together. I do not do preventative treatments. Mites can build up tolerances to products fast. I generally only treat if I actually see mites.

OK so I spoke to soon, I have mites back in my veg closet. I have 3 small baby northern lights and 2 querkle clones in there, all very small still, so maybe won't be to bad. Only seeing on the clones rite now but just sprayed them all. I haven't sprayed them in about a month I think. Thought they ere gone. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wood floors. I'm thinking maybe some eggs on the clones that I just missed, I don't know

Latest posts

Back