The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Old Hen is a happy camper today! She took her '22 Trailblazer into the dealership on July 10th because it wouldn't shut off. They said it was a shifter problem and that it was under warrantee. She only had 10K on the car. Lots of calls, lots of sadness on her part, and they JUST called her and said it was DONE.
Now it's time to go after GM for the three months of car payments and the On Star and satellite radio that she's been paying for. If they don't come up with some kind of compensation, it'll be the last GM vehicle we ever buy.

When outside i will put food in a paper bowl and go for volume
in the house we have a coupla of seed moth traps and it attracts them and i take em out quicker with a wack
My house faces North. I grill on the South side of the house. The flies got so bad I finally went out and spent the 8 bucks for a trap. Hung it in a tree about 35-40 feet from where I cook. The thing WORKS! The flies it doesn't kill, I can usually take care of with my Bug-A-Salt. Just gotta be careful which direction you're pointing it when you pull the trigger. I splattered fly guts all over and into my coffee cup once.

Attachments

• Fly Trap.jpg
    Fly Trap.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
My Old Hen is a happy camper today! She took her '22 Trailblazer into the dealership on July 10th because it wouldn't shut off. They said it was a shifter problem and that it was under warrantee. She only had 10K on the car. Lots of calls, lots of sadness on her part, and they JUST called her and said it was DONE.
Now it's time to go after GM for the three months of car payments and the On Star and satellite radio that she's been paying for. If they don't come up with some kind of compensation, it'll be the last GM vehicle we ever buy.
Hippie, I'm as Red, White and Blue Blooded as any American, but as a retireded mechanic, I say get yourself a Toyota.
Made in 'Murica. Solid as a rock. Sad But True.

Took my BIL to an indoor range a while back. He wanted to learn (late - he's just a couple years younger than I am) about self-defense, as he said to me "just in case the zombies come". They had a simulator room with multiple 'situations' you can go through while practicing aim and reaction and all that. Library, movie theatre, big city back alleys and abandoned buildings, pretty much name it. It's fun, actually!

One of them was a zombie attack. I 'killed' one such zombie as above. She was a blonde. Splattered her head all over the screen. Told Dave "That was a hard one - she was kind of hot!" I thought he was gonna pee his pants! lol

My house faces North. I grill on the South side of the house. The flies got so bad I finally went out and spent the 8 bucks for a trap. Hung it in a tree about 35-40 feet from where I cook. The thing WORKS! The flies it doesn't kill, I can usually take care of with my Bug-A-Salt. Just gotta be careful which direction you're pointing it when you pull the trigger. I splattered fly guts all over and into my coffee cup once.
Those things work awesome brother but damn do the stink.🤪

So my wife and I are having a debate. I need to redo my lawn. My daughter is living with us and she has a very large dog. He has torn up my yard and so I'm thinking to buy sod to replant. She is thinking of Artificial turf. I really don't want it but if it's good maybe i would do it. Anybody here have any experience with that. I think this guy will probably destroy the sod in time but I'm also thinking he will rip the fake stuff up because he's so fast. The dog is nuts but I love him he's a Standard poodle and Golder retriever mix. Probably one of the smartest dog's I have ever been around but wired.

Now it's time to go after GM for the three months of car pawant to yments and the On Star and satellite radio that she's been paying for. If they don't come up with some kind of compensation, it'll be the last GM vehicle we ever buy.
3 Months there is no excuse for this, I would want to be compensated for not having use of the car, and the rental fees you paid someone for use of their car. That's B S

So my wife and I are having a debate. I need to redo my lawn. My daughter is living with us and she has a very large dog. He has torn up my yard and so I'm thinking to buy sod to replant. She is thinking of Artificial turf. I really don't want it but if it's good maybe i would do it. Anybody here have any experience with that. I think this guy will probably destroy the sod in time but I'm also thinking he will rip the fake stuff up because he's so fast. The dog is nuts but I love him he's a Standard poodle and Golder retriever mix. Probably one of the smartest dog's I have ever been around but wired.
My buddy had one a goldendoodle he loved his and said it was the best dog he ever had. No matter what you replace the lawn with he will still dig it up, if he is prone to digging now.

Those things work awesome brother but damn do the stink.🤪
Yeah, there's that. LOL
The wind is rarely unfavorable where it's at, though. Rarely, but not always! Still, it's worth it. Damnged thing catches a ton of flies.
I need to put a new bait bag in it - I hate that. Rubber gloves and all that. Hold my nose like I'm under water. UGH

Is he a young dog? He'll grow out of it. Plus...work his azs off every day so he's too tired to tear up the yard. I'd never go artificial turf, though. Like boo bies. No fakes for me. :)
Our daughter lives with us. She has three dogs. I get p.o'd when I run the lawn mower through dog ****.

Wolf, I don't bow hunt, but I love my Vortex scopes. The first image is the reticle of a Vortex bow scope - Crossfire II 2-7x32 Crossbow Scope - the second is from my SE-1624-1 Strike Eagle, showing drop compensation. Is this what you're looking for?
Yeah, like the one on your Strike Eagle, but for the drop of a crossbow.
Can’t go wrong with Vortex. That’s what’s on my Bushmaster.
Wrong drop.
Gonna get a new knee.
Good luck with your new knee brother!~

Gonna get a new knee.
good luck and God's speed with y

if the dog has a brain you can train it not to eat the yard, the training will be complete within a few days with a smart dog...turf looks nice when new but it gets waves that you'll not get out...

Wolf, I don't bow hunt, but I love my Vortex scopes. The first image is the reticle of a Vortex bow scope - Crossfire II 2-7x32 Crossbow Scope - the second is from my SE-1624-1 Strike Eagle, showing drop compensation. Is this what you're looking for?
Wow. That Vortex scope is far superior to mine.
1695760076322.png
If you gots the gelt, get it.

BTW -- That scope picture sorta illustrates the answer to the "how much higher do you have to hold for longer distances" question.

Latest posts

Back