The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can cut down on gas by soaking them several times with clean water. My Wife starts in the morning and does this until the next morning. The last soak is overnight.They will cook faster too.
https://beaninstitute.com/beans-beans-the-magical-fruit/

When soaking dry bean before cooking, change the water several times. The gas-producing fibers are released into the soaking water, and discarding it removes some of these compounds.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll give it a try with the next batch of 18 bean soup coming up.
I've made butter many times without decarb. Throw shake into stock pot, add water n butter. Bring to boil and then back off to simmer. Cook overnight and process. Years ago ya never heard of decarb pot. I've don't it that way and it is effective but not a totally necessary step for butter.

I did come across a guy who found a way to eliminate most of the foul taste from cannabis. He uses jars. Fills them with water and leaves them soak overnight. Dumps the green water daily and refills until it is mostly clear. Then he drains the mix well and returns it to the jar. He uses the jar to decarb in the oven with a loose cap. Once done he has a mostly tasteless base to use in whatever he chooses.
Because of the magnesium ion in the chlorophyll molecule tail it is polar and while not water soluble is transported in micelles by water, which is highly polar.

Another way to eliminate the chlorophyll in a butter extract, is to first clarify the butter into Ghee. Ghee is non-polar and doesn't extract the chlorophyll.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...ction/9-4-5-vegetable-and-nut-oil-extraction/

Thanks for the heads up! I'll give it a try with the next batch of 18 bean soup coming up.

Because of the magnesium ion in the chlorophyll molecule tail it is polar and while not water soluble is transported in micelles by water, which is highly polar.

Another way to eliminate the chlorophyll in a butter extract, is to first clarify the butter into Ghee. Ghee is non-polar and doesn't extract the chlorophyll.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...ction/9-4-5-vegetable-and-nut-oil-extraction/
Ya care to put that in English? Lol

Last edited:
I've made butter many times without decarb. Throw shake into stock pot, add water n butter. Bring to boil and then back off to simmer. Cook overnight and process. Years ago ya never heard of decarb pot. I've don't it that way and it is effective but not a totally necessary step for butter.

I did come across a guy who found a way to eliminate most of the foul taste from cannabis. He uses jars. Fills them with water and leaves them soak overnight. Dumps the green water daily and refills until it is mostly clear. Then he drains the mix well and returns it to the jar. He uses the jar to decarb in the oven with a loose cap. Once done he has a mostly tasteless base to use in whatever he chooses.
I tried it it sucked all the dankness right out of the weed it looked like trash and had no dmell or taste. I also had yo use 2x the oil in the recipe. I will never water cure again.

I found that ghee butter. I'm interested for sure. Costly stuff but I'm finding home diy ways to make it. This stuff being damn near pure fat should be like a rocket booster on the space shuttle.
You can make your own ghee easily. Melt the butter then put it back in the fridge. When it gets solid again dump the liquid

I tried it it sucked all the dankness right out of the weed it looked like trash and had no dmell or taste. I also had yo use 2x the oil in the recipe. I will never water cure again.
I think maybe your a little confused about the water thing. This is just for cooking not smoking. Bleeding out the odor and taste is what ya want for cooking.

You can make your own ghee easily. Melt the butter then put it back in the fridge. When it gets solid again dump the liquid
You have to boil it on low the stove until the liquid cooks out the run it through cheese cloth

Now you got me confused. If ya melt butter and put it back in the cold it will just reset to solid form. The tutorial cooks off the dairy in the butter. What method you looking at?

@Tattered Old Graywolf I'm glad ya brought that info out. Excited to give that a try. Most of my edibles of the past really tested your gag reflex..lol.
Thanks for the appreciation brother! I don't like the greeeeeeeen taste of concentrated chlorophyl either.
Now you got me confused. If ya melt butter and put it back in the cold it will just reset to solid form. The tutorial cooks off the dairy in the butter. What method you looking at?
I make Ghee by simmering the butter on low until the water cooks off or forms an emulsion with the solids, which I then skim or filter off.

Had a grand ole time at the pub with my bride. It was made even nicer when I scanned a Lotto 47 ticket and it came up "contact state lottery office". Asked the bartender what that meant. She said it meant that the winnings were over $500. Did some further research and found out that it was a $2500 winner, one number away from the jackpot of X millions. I'll take the little one and be happy!

Had a grand ole time at the pub with my bride. It was made even nicer when I scanned a Lotto 47 ticket and it came up "contact state lottery office". Asked the bartender what that meant. She said it meant that the winnings were over $500. Did some further research and found out that it was a $2500 winner, one number away from the jackpot of X millions. I'll take the little one and be happy!
I was one number off of $3 million in CT back 25 years or so. Haven’t won squat since. Maybe my luck ran out…

10 more Bucks LOL
Grats Bro Awesome news
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Latest posts

Back