The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turkey is thawing and all other preparations are done. Smoking and sipping time. Will start the turkey on the Webber about 10:30 in the AM.

Hash for an after dinner smoke.....just think my grandpa smoked Sir Walter Riley.

The year is 1950. Any kid in any candy store:

"Do you have Sir Walter Raleigh in a can?"

"Yes."

"Well, let him out!"

giphy.gif

Hello Sir May I inquire if your refrigerator is running?
Yes?
Well Go Catch it , it is running down the street.

Phone call to bar...
Hello Town taven
Yes is Tim Wall there
Hold on I'll check....... tim wall anyone tim wall here?
Nope Not here.
OK Can you check if any other Walls are there......
OK ......... Any walls here phone call for Wall.........
Nope no Walls are here.

What the heck is holding up your roof.

Exactly the same one I used.............

It was dangerous, and today, flat illegal. I remember ordering from the back afs of Mechanics Illustrated flash powder for fireworks, easy peasy. Came in two sacks, one finely powdered metallic silver stuff in one, and the rest in another. Mix together, flash powder.

Cherry bomb/M80 my butte! I can't even believe you could so easily get. I do know you can obtain licensing to build fireworks, but I have no interest in that, or having that stuff around the house.

Same here. Boys will be boys...........I went through a phase in my late teens making my own pyrotechnics and solid rocket fuel. I even tried to make nitroglycerin, but the instructions failed to mention the ice bath to control temperature and I had to rapidly abort and fling the mixture out of the beaker onto the grass outside the lab window when it suddenly turned red and started to boil. A bunch of dead grass but no explosion.........

I just bought the Estes remote model rocket ignitor thing. They made little nichrome wires with a blob of some kind of accelerant in the middle. The control used batteries. Stick folder nichrome wire up the rocket motor hole, or what ever needed lit up., Bubba

A flashlight bulb with the glass removed worked fine for me and were cheap.

Exactly the same one I used.............

Same here. Boys will be boys...........I went through a phase in my late teens making my own pyrotechnics and solid rocket fuel. I even tried to make nitroglycerin, but the instructions failed to mention the ice bath to control temperature and I had to rapidly abort and fling the mixture out of the beaker onto the grass outside the lab window when it suddenly turned red and started to boil. A bunch of dead grass but no explosion.........

A flashlight bulb with the glass removed worked fine for me and were cheap.
Ahh Just the man I need to have speaks with
Morning GW
I have some older weed that has been jarred and stored with humidity packs 62% for quick some time in cool dark place,under 65degs . My question is I want to make oil out of it it is too old to smoke (I should have froze it but no room. )
OK I don;t want to use everclear , too much would take Gallons to do, but was wondering what can I use safely as a solvent to make oil to use as a topical ? I know I can use light aliphatic naphtha but is there anything else that can be used cheaper?
Any idea best place to order 5gals?

Happy Thanksgiving to the boss, street boss, under bosses, capos, enforcers, made people, associates, hangers on, groupies and retired guys of Marijuana Passion. I'd rate myself as an decent earning associate waiting to be made... My assignment - (Bud of the month - February 2022) Ha Ha - Smoke another one - Who's turn? More coffee.

Maybe I would be better off with 99 ISO by the gallon
Dang shiits gone up in price
iso is all i have ever made as far as hash goes. i have used 91% as well as 99%. it's more of a tar then hash but once aired good it has some kick. yes i air dry, oh my second run is always green. let it set in the sun for a couple hours and it will turn red. when i wash my jars, pocket tote box, scissors and such i make iso too.

Ahh Just the man I need to have speaks with Morning GW I have some older weed that has been jarred and stored with humidity packs 62% for quick some time in cool dark place,under 65degs . My question is I want to make oil out of it it is too old to smoke (I should have froze it but no room. ) OK I don;t want to use everclear , too much would take Gallons to do, but was wondering what can I use safely as a solvent to make oil to use as a topical ? I know I can use light aliphatic naphtha but is there anything else that can be used cheaper?
Any idea best place to order 5gals?

If you've treated it right it should last a long time, though it develops more bottom end, sort of like the difference between a clear, versus cloudy, versus amber trichome at harvest. I would extract a small sample and see what you have.

Excessive bottom end material still makes good sleep meds or topicals, due to the high CBN content.

Don't use naphtha. Naphtha is a blend of molecular weights that includes the boiling point range of benzene, a know carcinogen.

Class III butane/propane in a close loop would be my first choice.

Class III Pentane works well in leu of a closed loop system, but it is expensive.

Hexane works but is a Class II solvent with more limited tolerance for residuals. I've used it for both extractions and separations, but choose Pentane if given a choice.

Class III Heptane is easy to get and cheaper, but harder to purge because of its higher 98.4C/209F boiling point, but you can add salt to the water.

Maybe I would be better off with 99 ISO by the gallon Dang shiits gone up in price

Do I infer that you have about 5 gallons of aged material? If so you could do it in batches with ethanol and recover a high percent with a reflux still for the next run, so use less than 5 gallons.

Class III 99% Iso works well and if your're going to use it as a topical, there is less concern about purging limits. I just evaporate off the Iso and don't try to recover it because of the explosive peroxides it can form under the right conditions.

We also did a Pentane wash, where you remove the polar and water soluble elements by reducing the alcohol down to manageable levels and then mixing it 1/3 concentrate mix, 1/3 Pentane, and 1/3 brine. Shake it well and let it separate in a separatory funnel, bleed off the bottom layer and wash a couple more times with brine, and then distilled water before further processing the top layer.

Pentane boils a round 36C/97F, so adding a small amount of distilled water will raise the boiling point enough to easily remove the residual Pentane below levels of concern.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...ce/10-3-pentane-hexane-heptane-and-brine-wash

iso is all i have ever made as far as hash goes. i have used 91% as well as 99%. it's more of a tar then hash but once aired good it has some kick. yes i air dry, oh my second run is always green. let it set in the sun for a couple hours and it will turn red. when i wash my jars, pocket tote box, scissors and such i make iso too.
Yes I want to make the tar (RSO) it is what comes out of the bud when reduce down to only oil. I have done it with Everclear but I need quite a bit of Solvent for my project.

Latest posts

Back