TheBest(Indoor Grow Journal)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im starting to get nervous with my plant outside, so I am thinking I am just going to cut her up into clones and just bring it inside and double production... What do you guys think? sound like a plan?

If that is a clear pot you wanna put something around it so light will not penetrate through the pot. It will do much harm if light gets to the roots. Take like some electrical tape or tape some paper around the sides of the pot and you will be good. Lookin good so far brutha heres some good ol green mojo to get them babies groing lovely!

:holysheep: Hey, Just updating I am going to put them in party cups tonight. I am going to get pots for them, I will do the real re-pot on day 15. Thats when I will show you more pics. Feel free to ask questions! Thanks and good luck to everyone

day 9 since germination#2.jpg

Day 9 Since Germination.jpg

day 9 since Germination#5.jpg

If i may ask why are your cfl's burning out? I am now on my 2nd grow and all 8 of mine are still working fine. I was just wondering if you may have them wired wrong and they keep popping or are they just burning out because they do have a pretty long useage of hours mine are rated at 20,000 hours each.But what i am concerned about is that you do not burn your house down is why i asked well take care...

Sir_Tokie said:
If i may ask why are your cfl's burning out? I am now on my 2nd grow and all 8 of mine are still working fine. I was just wondering if you may have them wired wrong and they keep popping or are they just burning out because they do have a pretty long useage of hours mine are rated at 20,000 hours each.But what i am concerned about is that you do not burn your house down is why i asked well take care...

The only one that was burning out was my 27 watt CFL that I used in a desktop lamp and that lamp gets really hot, so I desided no more bulbs in the desktop lamp and im just using the tubes. I have 4 tubes in there, they are all working find and they actually are helping me with my heat situation because my house is at 70 degrees usually which is a little cold, but they keep it at 85 which is working great. Thanks for taking notice and helping out tho.

thebest said:
The only one that was burning out was my 27 watt CFL that I used in a desktop lamp and that lamp gets really hot, so I desided no more bulbs in the desktop lamp and im just using the tubes. I have 4 tubes in there, they are all working find and they actually are helping me with my heat situation because my house is at 70 degrees usually which is a little cold, but they keep it at 85 which is working great. Thanks for taking notice and helping out tho.
If you're hanging your CFLs pointed down, that may be the reason why they keep burning out--i had the same problem. Unfortunately, CFLs are not able to work properly pointed down--gases inside the bulb do not fully engage with electric current. The lighting guy at a hardware store said if they are anything pointed further down than parallel, the bulbs do not burn properly thus the reason for burning out. Maybe you could mount them on the sides of your box, if you still want to use the reflector or place them above the plants so the sides are above the canopy and use the tubes as side lighting...vice versa? I plan to use CFLs for canopy lighting and some tube Fluros for side lighting if i can get good ventalation.

stay irie,
kailiwela44

Yeah, I was having problems with it because there is a white reflector around the bulb, I think that it got too hot for it to handle. Its okay though, I have 4 tubes in the box, and only three plants which is plenty of light for now. I am also using a red burning floro, its ment for plant growth and aquriums, I thought I would give this a try and they seem to be doing just fine. Thanks though for the interest and the thought of the process. I am deffinatly going to have some more floros in there when they are bigger, but for now I think 4 is doing the job. What kind of seeds are you going to be growing?

looking good so far buddy, give'm time and love and they will return the favor in a few months. I always wondered why cfl's always burn out so fast at my house kaliwela, thanks.
puff

Little bit of bad news. I had to cut down the plant outside, I was getting so nervous that someone was going to spot her, and yes it is a her. She was starting to show signs of sex, so I choped her up into clones and stuck them in water. I know I know I should have gotten rooting compound, but I didn't/couldn't find it at homedepot. if this doesnt work, then oh well. I am just not trying to get caught doing something so stupid... It shouldnt be illegal the darn thing straight up grows in NATURE!

I got two Nirvana shop Citrals. They are into one week of flowering, no sex yet, one is LST, and one isn't. I also have a Top 44 growing 12/12 from seed--just sprouted but hasn't shed it's shell.

IMO, GE 40w CW cfls aren't reliable. I went through three of them--one exploded when being removed (wear safety glasses and don't breath the fumes--mercury based), the second started smoking on me when after one week, and the third burned out after about three weeks of use. I still have two left, but i will now be using 2-26w per light socket--need a y splitter for this. Another observation. If you choose to use the Y splitter never connect one to another. It creates extra heat, extra weight, and may warp the metal lining causing it to be stuck in the other splitter.

C ya tomorrow,
kailiwela44

sorry about your outdoor girl. My condolences. There is a way to root w/o compound...check the resources section for cloning in soil.

Best wishes,
kailiwela44

Sorry to hear about the out side plants...

hey buddy, here's a pic of what your looking for at the store. thought it might help you locate it on the shelf.
puff

100_0941.JPG

Anytime man, hehe.. I almost got laughed out of my 1st MJ grow class at the local clinic when I told everyone I was useing "root-one". I said it several times before they told me it was called "roo-tone". lol... for 35+ years Ive been calling it root-one. thats what my mom called it. Anyway, it's great stuff whatever you call it.
puff

thebest said:
Little bit of bad news. I had to cut down the plant outside, I was getting so nervous that someone was going to spot her, and yes it is a her. She was starting to show signs of sex, so I choped her up into clones and stuck them in water. I know I know I should have gotten rooting compound, but I didn't/couldn't find it at homedepot. if this doesnt work, then oh well. I am just not trying to get caught doing something so stupid... It shouldnt be illegal the darn thing straight up grows in NATURE!

Bringing Outdoor plants to your Grow-Room could bring you Bugs or mites and infect all other indoor plants... Bad to hear you had to cut her down... Hope you get some healthy clones out of her...
Post more pics...

I checked the plant, I was having problems earlier with bugs, but ever since I sprayed, there hasn't been any bug holes or bites. the leaves were really healthy, and i soaked the plant in water before bringing it in. I think it should be okay, I am out of town until later tonight, So, ill check when I get back.

Latest posts

Back