TheBest(Indoor Grow Journal)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay just updating, These are the plants that are left. #2, #4 and #5
I left them on Veg 24/7 lighting and it is day 14. I am going to add another light in there tomorrow, I will update the grow box pics for you then too, anyways they were feed two days ago and the soil is still moist, I am going to let it dry out a bunch before feeding again. Hope you enjoy
Going in Order from #4, #5, #2 and then lined up side view order is #2, #4, #5
Best

day 14 Veg 24 7 001.jpg

day 14 Veg 24 7 002.jpg

day 14 Veg 24 7 003.jpg

day 14 Veg 24 7 004.jpg

could I/ Should I start LST now or later? They seem to be growing nice, I don't know if I want to do it now or later. Can you guys take a look and tell me what you think. Thanks

Also Added another 15V 18" floro to the mix.

hey Best, on tying down-how long before you plan on transplant? if your going to do it soon,i wouldnt start tying yet. i would transplant now, give them a week to get used to thier new home, then begin tying down. IMO.
otherwise, all is looking good bro.:) ...

Lookin gooood so far man:D and i agree with banjo on the LST, not in the cups...but they do look tall enough for it if they were in their final container.

Keep up the good work mang!:smoke1:

ok great, Then I will transfer them into the gallon pots tonight. Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

heres my take best lst can be done any time during the veg state in my opinion looks like you might be able to top them or fim them in a couple of days or sooner looking good though you might want to cut drainage in the bottom of the cups and keep them watered regularly I've also heard of using a few drops Palmolive dish soap in the water to help the air get through the soil
also you might use some hydrogen peroxide to your water mix to kill any bacteria

Like some of the others said, you should LST when they are in their final home. I used LST early on mine and i kinda wish i waited until a few more nodes came out. My first anchor was near the soil and the second one I had between two of the nodes--somewhat difficult to get between without sliding out. I kept the stem parallel to the soil because of early stretching. Be sure to anchor the stalk either at the base of the soil or above the first node to prevent uprooting. Try not to use twist ties cause you'll end up seeing some damage to the stems--from what i've read, pipe cleaners is what is preferred by others and myself.
I feel your frustration with the bugs. I recently found some aphids in my box. I probably got them somewhere on my journey from work and home. I come across lots of weeds, other gardens, and so forth--Ed Rosenthal suggested in one of his books to change clothes when entering the garden. Wal-mart has a Vegetable and Fruit insect killer you can use once a week--it said it kills all the pests i read about in Ed's book. It also give you a time frame on how long to use it before harvest--for things other than MJ. Have fun staring when u LST.

be cool,
kailiwela44

Thanks guys for all the positive feed back. I went and got some pots for the plants, They are about as big as I can go. Unfortunetly I would love to grow monsters, but I just can't! I also found some rooting poweder that I am going to dip the clones in that I have, they are still alive so, this should be good. I also baught some of those pete pellet planter things. So, I am doing it the right way now :) I will post up some pictures when I can later on tonight. Thanks a lot guys. wish me luck :)

okay so I transfered them into the plants. I also put the clones in rooting hormone. Is is called Takeroot. I will tell you how it works for those who are interested in trying it. Also, unfortunetly, when I was rearanging the lights, one fell on to plant #2 it bent it a little, but nothing too bad. It wasn't a heavy light. Here are some of the pics. I now have 4 florescent lights in there one is still attached to the side of the box on the lower half, to give light to the bottom leaves. Other three are on top, I have a soft white, cool white, and aqurium/plant growth CFL. First pic is #2, #4, #5 in order from left to right, 2nd pic is plant #2 before the lights fell, 3rd pic is Plant #4, and 4th Pic is Plant #5.

day 14 Veg 24 7 001.jpg

day 14 Veg 24 7 002.jpg

day 14 Veg 24 7 003.jpg

day 14 Veg 24 7 004.jpg

okay. Bad day today with the plants, another light fell, this time hitting plant #2 and #4... no damage done, but I might have killed my clones. I looked today and they were all wilted and droped down. I gave them more water and sprayed them to moisten them up, but I don't know it might be to late. either way the plants are looking great. It is day 16 I am going to top them on day 20. Be looking for pics. 12/12 starts as soon as new growth shows after topping.

hay im sorry to hear about your clones, but i also noticed you said you where using aluminum foil, like the other dude said thats not good, mylar is a good solution, but for a even cheaper solution you could use flat white paint, but make sure you have tons of ventaltion while your painting if your plants are still around, im not sure if the fumes woulld harm them, but who wants to take that chance?

yeah, I stoped using tin foild awhile ago. I am not using anything really. they plants are doing fine, the temperature is 83ºF, and I take them out for about an hour to give them fresh air, not out side. But yeah it was my first time ever cloning, I will try it later with these plants, but I think I am going to have a different set up for the clones. one that is easier to reach, and for me to pay better attention to it.

Sucks about the light falling.. Any damage to the light?

Have a good morning Best.

nope no damage to the light. thank you, you too man.

Hey, just wanted to show you how the ladies are doing. #5 smells really rank and its wierd, because they are all the same age and I mean as soon as I open the box it smells like weed. I hope she stops this, I can't have the whole house smelling like ganja. Also on plant #2 if you can see it, the tips are starting to turn a brighter green, I am thinking it might have been nute burn when I watered it, but I can't do anything about it cuz the soil has the nutes in it. Unfortunetly I used MG organic Choice. It is working ok, they plants are nice and green, but when I water it might be too much. Any suggestions would be great. Here are the pics. #5 looks the best, just not in the pic cuz my camera was running out of batteries so I had to take it fast before it died. enjoy!

day 17 001.jpg

day 17 002.jpg

day 17 003.jpg

Latest posts

Back