Trimming during the flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salmonfisher420

Reaction score
I am very limited in space and need to cut some leafes back to get some light to buds. I am thinking about 4-6 leafes per plant. What are your thoughts?

I'm not telling anyone to do any thing. In fact I'm asking a question. I trim off all kinds of fan leaves to let light through the canopy. I prune off low hanging branches early in flower because I know that the buds on those branches are going to be super small and take forever to trim. So when someone says don't touch a healthy leaf, I say, how do I get enough light through the canopy to make the low stuff viable.??

aeroman said:
I'm not telling anyone to do any thing. In fact I'm asking a question. I trim off all kinds of fan leaves to let light through the canopy. I prune off low hanging branches early in flower because I know that the buds on those branches are going to be super small and take forever to trim. So when someone says don't touch a healthy leaf, I say, how do I get enough light through the canopy to make the low stuff viable.??

supplementry lighting :)

Cool. I already run 2000 watts hps in flower. you think some CFLs would make much difference in flower down low. I've always liked my yield, but more is better : )

aeroman said:

I cut off the bottom branches that are not going to produce much. IMO, when you trim the upper fan leaves, you are sacrificing growth on the upper buds to achieve slightly more growth on the lower buds. The fan leaves are crucial for proper photosynthesis.

Cool, I probably trim off to many leaves. I know one thing though, my best crops have always been from ones I butchered early in flower. I don't trim or prune much after the 2nd or 3rd week. I usually trim twice and prune once

I trimmed very selective, but I do understand what you are saying! I will be changing alot next crop! There were just so many blocking main branches. I tied a few down cut a couple and left the rest!

Thanks for everybodies help!:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back