Using Promix with Earth Juice, amend or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to get off-topic too much but I made a statement at another very popular cannabis forum (with lots of members) that growing weed was difficult and I got called every name in the book. Growing weed is like trying to master a musical instrument: you have to practice it every day and pay close attention. And I learn something new (and important) and how to make growing a little easier every time I grow. The learning never ends. (I didn't know what I was in for when I started.)

ifsixwasnin9 said:
Not to get off-topic too much but I made a statement at another very popular cannabis forum (with lots of members) that growing weed was difficult and I got called every name in the book. Growing weed is like trying to master a musical instrument: you have to practice it every day and pay close attention. And I learn something new (and important) and how to make growing a little easier every time I grow. The learning never ends. (I didn't know what I was in for when I started.)

I agree. I'm totally open to any suggestions and definitely know I have a far ways to go to be where I want. I really just enjoy growing as my family owns a greenhouse dating back 3 or 4 generations so the green thumb is in my blood lol. But yea I'm always learning something new. Like I just learned that humidity should be upwards of 80% for seedlings so I went and bought humidifier and got it to about 65% with the lights on. Still need it higher so I'm gonna try and use a clear drawer from one of those little 2 drawer storage things and make ventilation ports and all that jazz. We'll see how it goes but so far everything has been a breeze and all my seedlings are about to pop. Already have a couple peeking out. Can't wait!!!!

ifsixwasnin9 said:

:yeahthat:

Yup... the first million hours is a *****! After that its a piece of cake. :D

Hey Jsmits; if you are having trouble keeping RH up for seedlings, here is a dome kit for just a few bucks: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/propagation-dome-10x20x7-wvents-p-3542.html
Be carefull though with the level of moisture with seedlings. If the medium that they are in is kept too wet, they can develop "damping off" which is a deadly disorder for them. Keeping humidity high enough and keeping the seedlings warm enough but then not causing them to get damping off or get too warm is a balancing act that can be challenging sometimes. :)

Growing MJ properly has a long learning curve because it is something that you develop an instinct for doing just the way the plants like. You eventually learn to read the language of the plants, and will know almost at a glance what they need :)

Dome kit? I just put a plastic sandwich bag over each cup. $1 at the Dollar Store for 200.

The best way to avoid damping off is not to over water. Follow the wet/dry cycle from day one.

And, for sure, growing any crop, including pot, takes time, patience, and a willingness to listen to others. You seem to have all 3 to spare.

ifsixwasnin9 said:

LOL--maybe you should have said that growing high quality weed was difficult. The people that don't believe that it is difficult are probably not growing the greatest stuff.

Yea I bought a coolmist humidifier and it's been working great. Keeps the humidity around 65 and when I mist the tops it jumps up to 75-80. But they seem to be veryyy happy I just checked and have 10 setsnof bright green cotyledlons(sp?) So they're obviously happy! I'vebeen keeping it a touch warmer so it's about 77-78 in there constantly and gumidity is 60-75. But so far I'm loving this grow! New medium, mew germ technique. This is the first time it's been so smooth and haven't had to wait on a seedling. They all popped their heads up the same night. And I get my.4 ft.4 bulb today hopefully so they'll be super nice and comfy :) I'm super excited thanks for all the tips and advice you guys are amazing! I started to germ the 13th, all sprouted by the 15th, went into promix with a little happy frog just to help with roots, and by the 18th they're all above ground. It usually takes me AT LEAST a week to get them to to pop up and I'm always left waiting on one I feel like. So I'm already learning a lot this grow and I can't wait to keep learning. Now just to learn about keeping mother plants and taking clones! Need a cloner...

EDIT: sorry for the grammar mistakes I'm on my phone!

there is a DIY thread on here that shows yah how to make a home made cloner, i modified mine slightly and just used a 2.5 gal bucket, its got the same size opening/lid as typical 5gal buckets do, drilled a bunch of holes in the lid and put some air hoses about an inch long in the holes, pop clippings in, fill with distilled/evaped water and turn the air pump on with 3 air stones, works perfect, takes around 10-14 days for roots to start popping. its worked well for me. check out the diy thread its great.

sunakard2000 said:
there is a DIY thread on here that shows yah how to make a home made cloner, i modified mine slightly and just used a 2.5 gal bucket, its got the same size opening/lid as typical 5gal buckets do, drilled a bunch of holes in the lid and put some air hoses about an inch long in the holes, pop clippings in, fill with distilled/evaped water and turn the air pump on with 3 air stones, works perfect, takes around 10-14 days for roots to start popping. its worked well for me. check out the diy thread its great.

:yeahthat: Bubble cloners are so nice and easy. You can use about anything to make one--I have one made from a 3 gal tote and a friend that made one from an old ice cream container. Add a small air pump and a couple of air stones and you have a bubble cloner.

Here is the link. http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2799

Awesome! Yea I wasn't intending to be lazy. Just mentioned my future plans. You guys are awesome! ! Thanks! This weekend when I have some time I'll get my tinkering on :) and a side note, htgsupply didn't ship my new fixture until today so I have to mess with these two 2 footers until Friday. So that's when I'll have the journal up. I like things clean so I don't want my cramped up tent up for laughing :/ lol.

Latest posts

Back