Whats better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Reaction score
I have 3 400watt lights i use for flowering. One is mh and the other two are hps. Would i get better results with just one 1000watt hps? Or is 3 400watts better?

yeroc1982 said:
I have 3 400watt lights i use for flowering. One is mh and the other two are hps. Would i get better results with just one 1000watt hps? Or is 3 400watts better?
Mh will be bettwr for veg. i would just use it. then when you go into flower use the HPS.
and if your feeling frisky
use 1 hps for determaning sex of your clones while the other is producing.

so if you have i 400w. mh veging your plants get some clones going from it. in your flower room check a clone for sex. have 4 others clones on the side in veg.
when it tells you the sex get your clones grown up and put them into flower. if you get differnt seed then you can do the same thing over and over without changing lights aroun. or just run 2- 400w hps in your flower room if your are confident in your sexxing and strain..
so long story short. MH for veg and HPS for flower

what is the lumens of the 1000w? And what is the lumens of the 3/400w? How much space are you using to grow? How many plants do you plan on growing?

Yeah i got all that figured out. I just cut clones and have a cloning room but what im askin i guess is, what will be better for amount of buds i will get. 1200 watts from 3 4oowatt, or using 1 1000 watt? I just want to know if i used a 1000watt buld, will it produce more yeild in the end?

your question my friend is tough to answer..it all depends on your growing area and what you can do..if you can get over 5ooo lumes a square foot you will be great and temps at 78..hope this helps

Someone gave me the mh so i had to put it to work, lol. The room is 10 feet by 9 feet, i dont use the whole room. Now i got 6 plants goin on. The 400watt are about 55,ooo lumens i think, not sure bout the 1000watt.

Latest posts

Back