yellow leaves and dirt question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkkent

Reaction score
i'm starting another grow. this is the fourth one in a year or so. the others went fairly well. so i think i'm pretty versed in what i'm doing but i'm having problems.
my lil guys are about a week or so in the dirt, 24/7 light. i used some bagged seed starting soil with nutes but i think it's burning them. they only have four leaves each, but the first set are already yellow and dying. the higher leaves are green but look like they have the onset of the yellowing.

what kind of dirt should i use? cuz i had varying degrees of this problem before. last few times i used MG soil. this is some other brand.

oh, and i'm doing flouro again :)

mg soil has time released nutes in it so when you water you release more nutes. thats a common cause of yellowing in seedlings. does the soil your now say anything about feeding for x months? or have you tried to feed them anything? they don't need to be feed for the first 4 or 5 weeks. jmo

try to find somethig that doesnt have time release nutes in it... i use expert gardener organic mix... it has organic nutes in it not the green littlte pellets... works for me... got it at walmaet....

i'll go run by walmart and see what i can find.

i have to look at the bag of stuff that i already have. it's gotta be similar to MG. but no, i haven't added anything to it at all. my first couple grows i did mix with pearlite but not this time *shrug*

Yeah, I've destroyed clones using Miracle Grow time released #$%^! If you can, get FoxFarmsOceansForest. This is some very Schweet Shtuff! Barring that, I...I find lightly amedning black gold w/ some perlite just as others said. I stay the heck away from MG products. I switched to full timne OSG'ing and have been a Happy Camper ;)Haven't burned ma girlz since. Peace.
Organic Soil Grower!

ok. i went to the nursery and picked up a bag of dirt. plain old dirt. nothing added. also got a bag of perlite. so i guess it's back to square one. germ a few bag seeds and have another go

Latest posts

Back