Em & Drip's first grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driphuse

Reaction score
Hi guys,
We're new to this forum and just wanted to share our first indoor grow journal with you. any feedbacks/remarks would be highly appreciated.

THE SETUP:

Pots:
- Autopot system - 4 pots
> BOTTOM: 1" layer of hydroton
> MIDDLE: 5" layer of compost soil
> TOP: 1" layer of hydroton (added on day 2)

Water:
- 47 litre tank with
- Canna Cannazym Plant Root Additive
- Liquid Oxygen Oxydator Activator
- Purified Water - PH level 6.7

Ventilation:
- x2 6" Clip-On Fans
- Mini air-con and humidifier

Lighting:
- 250w HPS Grow Light System

Seeds:
- 2 Kiwi seeds - Mount Cook
- 2 Dr. Ray - Bruce Lee

Day 1 pictures:

1001.jpg
2002.jpg

3003.jpg
4004.jpg

why would you use any type of soil in a hydro grow??

isn't that just going to throw your PH/PPM, algae and other
bad stuff to your water?? why not use all hydroton??

Hi MrPuffAlot,
Thanks for stopping by ;)

As for your question; It's a soil grow.

I use a layer of clay pebbles at the bottom just to prevent the soil from reaching the surface and poissibly blocking the pipes. The top layer of hydroton was designed to prevent the soil from overheating, drying too fast or even from dust to start flying around because of the fans.

The compost soil I use is very good for this kinda grow and has loads of nutrients in it alone, which is exactly the reason i've stopped using even the tiny amount of Cannazym I did before. It is simply unnecessary at this stage, especially considering the fact I grow in pretty good soil :)

Both Autopot and Hydroton highly recoomend this sort of solution. pebbles > soil > pebbles. I decided to go with their suggection ;)

A 100% clay pebbles setting (as you suggested) would've been very good for a flood and drain setup, but that's not what I do :)

Good luck with the grow mate! Will be looking forward to how everything turns out.

ill be pulling up a seat to watch this one :peace: nice pics btw :48:

Thats a cool setup you got there. What's that water under the fan? Is that to humidify?

Thank you guys!

Tokemon, that little water jar you see there has a tiny humidifier in it, or at least had. I've decided to take it out of there because i'm afraid it increased the temperature. Instead of that, I now mist them a few time a day using a mist/spray pressure bottle. It works pretty well and keeps the humidity going for quite some time and the temperature just right. :)

Latest posts

Back