Peat and Perlite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
Does anyone see a problem with a Peat and Perlite mixture for planting mj? I recently transplanted my girl into this mixture and shes going downhill fast. From what I can read it looks like magnesum def. but cant really tell.

Her leaves are drying up, shes got yellowing and curling up of many leaves. I see yellowish spots on all the leaves.

no nutes at all since her transplant. Shes been watered but her leaves are all drying up. I may lose her,,,,please help!

If its just peet and perlite it may be form som of the missing ingredients Peet is good for holding in water and perlite is good for soil airation the 2 togother will just be a mess. What is your medium hydroton soil cocoa?? Most of theyellowing is probably form low N your plant is (IMO) hungry for some food(s)

So Peat and Perlite is not a good mix to use? (following posts on here)I only use Peat and Perlite.
nothing else..... If its not good just let me know and ill get her repotted again, it may kill her this time though....

Water her mang she needs it shes wilting away :aok: that should help out loads might want to check your pH too, looks like minor bits of burning here and there but over all ok shes in need of a drink bad. youll see her peark up after a bit.

hmmm,,,, i added a crapload of water when i transplanted her.....she still doesnt have enough?

I don't think either of those have any sort of nutritional value to them so it might be deficiencies and not burning... Maybe add a small amount of ferts to them and see if they perk up... You say you have not been feeding them right? The yellow could be a N deficiency like Dubbaman said...

a added a root stimulator to it last night with no change. The RS was 4-2-2. Is this not high enough?

I think T.O.A hit it right on if you just did a TP on your plant it give it a week or so to get used to its new home. Guess that aspect of the post totally slipped my :stoned: mind earlier :D

peat is extremely acidic with a ph of around 3 or 4. Did you add lime to balance out the acidity? I would say your problems stems from a low ph causing nutrient lockout.

Okay what do you suggest as a course of action. No i did not add lime, I have it, but its too late isnt it? Should I go get a organic mix and transplant her yet again? This will surely kill her wont it?

I sprayed her with a micronutrient today and i can see it looks like the damage has at least stopped, it did not get any worse today. She has been on a fast downward spiral since the transplant.

It appears that the damage worked its way up the stem from the peat,, if that gives any further indication of what this could be. The bottom leaves will surely be dead in a day or two but the top is still a good color green, I have not noticed any New growth since the transplant.

Just for my information.....Peat ane perlite alone are not a good combination?

I use peat, perlite, and mushroom compost in equal parts along with 1 tablespoon or so of dolomite lime per gallon of mix. Im not really sure what to tell you, transplanting it will further shock it. You might want to flush it, the lime is most effective mixed in the soil, but it will raise the pH if sprinkled on top and watered in...

New_2_Chronic said:
hmmm,,,, i added a crapload of water when i transplanted her.....she still doesnt have enough?
:spit:

:holysheep: Did you transplant her into dry soil? Just wondering. Looks like the soil or the mix you have didn't ever get completely wet... They are much happier in dripping soil completely mixed... :spit:
If the roots bump into any dry pockets at all they get very unhappy... sometimes die... then the plant wilts away a little at a time. Just looks thirsty to me... just my 2 cents... :eek:
:peace:

Okay well I woke up this morning to a worse situation. I figured I would further shock her if i transplant, but if i dont she will surely die.... 50/50 chance it looked to me.

I re-transplanted into Expert Gardner Organic Mix and perlite this morning. I watered her well and will give her no nutes for a few days and see if she snaps out of it.

Pray to the Mojo Gods for her....she will need all the help she can get. Ill repost when condition changes.

Latest posts

Back