What not to do!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinisterhand

Shut up and drive.
Reaction score
My buddy Donwan (I like throwing him under the bus) decided to use an incandescent on his seeds. He lined the inside of a lamp shade with tin foil and set it over his jiffy pots. Each jiffy pot contained a seedling, 12 all total. Then he put a 100 watt incandescent bulb in with them. After a half hour he decided to check on them. They were cooked; the temp in his little grow lamp shade was 110 degrees. He said steam was rolling off of them. He brought them to me for rescue, but all I could do was take a picture and scold him for his misadventure.
I have told him over and over, read, read, read and think before you act. Patience is a virtue, one you need when growing anything. Most of all if you want to try something but you are unsure, ask. Someone will help.

0401091314.jpg

It didnt help that he cooked-um like a ham in,,,, FOIL.;) Flat white paint,a few 23 watt daylight CFL's, and a little moving air.:ignore:

sounds like he was lucky he didn't burn his place down with that trick. What were the seeds that he roasted? Too bad that it happened, but things could have been much worse.

It was no big loss, bag seeds. He doesn't have what I would call a green thumb.

:yeahthat: Live and learn ROOKIE

They look like chinese bean sprouts you get in a takeout :p

:peace:

Lmao....
Lack of a green thumb and maybe a couple other things.
How baked was he when he pulled that stunt is the question?

shoulda just went with the simple old paper towel method

I did manage to save six of his seedlings. Donwan will be making his debut on this forum soon. He is still in the construction phase of his grow room. I think he has decided to turn over supervision of his grow to me. He is super A.D.D and has little or no understanding of the cycle of growth.

Still the Chinese bean sprouts make me chuckle every time I think about it. That is after all why I posted this thread, for some laughs.

Latest posts

Back