1st one ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real78

Reaction score
So I have been reading, reading, reading and some more reading before I took the jump.

I started to germ on 3-31-09 and they cracked the very next day I let the root get at least 1/4" long before I place them into a rock wool. I tried to germ at least 12 but only 10 made it.

I have had them under 24/7 light for about a week and their roots started to show threw the rock wool so net pots and hydroton it was. Were no going into week two and they are looking good the tallest one I have is about 1 1/2 inch tall and the the shortest was about 1-1 1/4 inch tall. I still have them under 24/7 light until I can sex them, then I will change the light cycle and start the veg stage.

Since they went into the DWC last night I notice that the roots grew really well and also that one to the little ones has a discoloration. Only one the rest look good, nice and green. I am using RO water but had to top off with tap water only about a half a gallon my ppm levels are about 70-77ppm and they stayed there since last night. My rooms temp is 72-75F and humidity is about 30-36%. I can't wait till they start to get a little bigger so I can sex them. I am hopen for girls as I have keeped my conditions as warm as possible to make sure they are girls.

I will upload some pics and let me know what you think guys.:)

I fixed the humidity problem by putting in a cool humidifier in the room so now its stays some where between 39-43% that should be good for the little ones. I am only starting week two today and can't wait to see what they grow up to be as these where just given to me just to get me started on what to and not to do.

Hello friend, looks good, noticed the slight yellowing but if it only one dont sweat it.

See you using RO fair do but you said you topped off with tap water.
If your spring fed or sumet fair do but if you like most then did you let the water sit for 24 hours before putting in system?
They dont like the chlorine and crap that gets put in the water, should always leave it in an open container for at least 24 hr to let the crap evaporate.
If i'm preaching to the converted i'm sorry just trying to help my man.

Roots grow like hell in DWC dont they lol give it 2 weeks, you honestly wont believe the difference, infact screw 2 weeks wait a few days lol they grow mental fast lol.
Sweet man happy toking

Newbud said:
Hello friend, looks good, noticed the slight yellowing but if it only one dont sweat it.

See you using RO fair do but you said you topped off with tap water.
If your spring fed or sumet fair do but if you like most then did you let the water sit for 24 hours before putting in system?
They dont like the chlorine and crap that gets put in the water, should always leave it in an open container for at least 24 hr to let the crap evaporate.
If i'm preaching to the converted i'm sorry just trying to help my man.

Roots grow like hell in DWC dont they lol give it 2 weeks, you honestly wont believe the difference, infact screw 2 weeks wait a few days lol they grow mental fast lol.
Sweet man happy toking

LOL, no problem fam thanks for the input and yes I did leave the water sit out for 24 hrs. I think I have to wait another week before I start adding nutrients to the water and this time around I will have enough RO water to top off. I can't wait till I can sex them, what week would should I start looking or expecting them to show their sex?

Depends on the strain mate, as in auto flower etc, but generally they not gona show sex until they put into 12/12 or until plant reaches maturity.
As an example of what i mean when i chose then grew my mother from a cutting it took her about 9 weeks to show her true sex without being put into a 12/12 cycle.

In your case you will have to wait till go 12/12 unless you have a very extended veg cycle.

Once you flip em 12/12 they will show sex anything from a few days to a few weeks, there no rules to this game unfortunately.

It is possible to flip em 12/12 to show sex once you got alternating nodes then put em back to 18/6 to veg to point you want but it not something i'd do.

Generally most only veg for few weeks then flip em then just pull the males.

Depends on your time frame and height issues i guess cos given enough time they should show sex without goin 12/12 but if left to veg for that long once put into flower they will grow HUGE lol.

Newbud said:
Depends on the strain mate, as in auto flower etc, but generally they not gona show sex until they put into 12/12 or until plant reaches maturity.
As an example of what i mean when i chose then grew my mother from a cutting it took her about 9 weeks to show her true sex without being put into a 12/12 cycle.

In your case you will have to wait till go 12/12 unless you have a very extended veg cycle.

Once you flip em 12/12 they will show sex anything from a few days to a few weeks, there no rules to this game unfortunately.

It is possible to flip em 12/12 to show sex once you got alternating nodes then put em back to 18/6 to veg to point you want but it not something i'd do.

Generally most only veg for few weeks then flip em then just pull the males.

Depends on your time frame and height issues i guess cos given enough time they should show sex without goin 12/12 but if left to veg for that long once put into flower they will grow HUGE lol.

I did read somewhere that you can determine sex EARLY by choosing ONE branch on each plant while still in the VEG stage and covering that ONE branch with a tube made of black construction paper for 12 hours every day. That ONE branch is in 12-12 light, even tho the rest of the plant is in 18-6 or whatever and will think it's time to flower. Tie a piece of thread around the one b ranch so you will know which branch to cover.

Anybody tried this?

Lass Chance

UPDATE:
They started to get sick so I think I have a handle on things now and they are starting to get better now.

UPDATE
I flushed the little ones with pH 5.8 water and then put them in just pH RO water. They seem to be getting better just after one day I will post new pic on week three so that people can see and give me some input.

Other then that I will be getting ready to flip the switch I would think in about another week or so. I have my MH bulb in so I am going to have to switch it out to my HPS for flowering.

Man, did I f up my little ones I hope I can bring them back. Once I post the pic you will understand what I am talking about. I still hope I can save them. I made some changes about two or three days ago and my mistakes are really showing on the little ones I am doing some more reading trying not to let this happen ever again as I know my mistakes of what I did so far.

1. I did not check my pH level of my RO water it was to high for the little ones.

2. I add nutes way to early which cause them to get nute burn.

So for all you new DWC people learn from my mistakes. I will be posting new pic in about two or three hours from now.

Real78 just take it easy with the nutes and you will love the dwc system
plants are sensitive to nutes in dwc just ad some drops per liter of water
thats more then enough

im sure you will get it right next time and i will watch here in the corner
to se it all:ciao:

indie

UPDATE:
Ok, here is the damage I did to my little ones and I am sorry but I hope I can still save them.

They started to get worst when I switched over to just water, that would be because of the damage I cased to them.

I think once you get the nute balance and ph sorted they will grow out of it.

Once my cuttings rooted as soon as they in pots or the DWC i'm trying they get nutes, dont know really with seeds as i dont use em but from what i seen they not ment to get nutes for few weeks but i dont get how that works in water systems.

Did you mix nutes according to the label on bottle or did you start of at about quarter strength?

I'd say given there size they could handle soom nutes but maybe 1/8th of whats recommended and make sure your ph 5.8 or near as.

I'm only guessing though mate.

The leaves that a damaged wont get better if they start growing well and new development looks ok thats a sign they getting or are better

Yes, THG told me just to put them in ph 5.8 RO water for a while so I am going to leave them in RO water until the end of week three. Then I will see if it will be ok to add nutes to them. I still have them under 24/7 light cycle and wounder if I should start putting them under 18/5 light cycle the end of week three as well.

Please anyone with DWC exp leave me some input thanks.

Real78 18 hours of light its enough and those plants are going to be fine
but the roots will grow together and you will have a problem when you
want the males out

and Newbud its right about the nutes i also starting under the scale with the nutes

indica

mr. indica said:
Real78 18 hours of light its enough and those plants are going to be fine
but the roots will grow together and you will have a problem when you
want the males out

and Newbud its right about the nutes i also starting under the scale with the nutes

indica

That is so true that is why I am hopen that I can find out which ones are males really soon because I don't want the roots to grow together. I notice one of them did and I am going to wait before I do something about it because I do not know there sex yet.

I am going to flip the switch the end of week three and put them on 18/5 light cycle from the 24/7 they are on right now.

Q:
Should I use my MH when I flip the switch or should I use my HPS?

Latest posts

Back