New growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Newbud

stretch.JPG

stretch1.JPG

stretch2.JPG

Right then guys got a question.

I been watching my buds fill in nicely of late and have been thinking i'm getting near to harvest, well close to starting my flush anyway.

Heard ( well read lol ) you guys talking about buds packing it on in last few weeks, well mine have been more progresive no real sudden spurt but out of nowhere the tips of a few cola's have started to stretch out again.

As many of you have done many crops just thought i'd ask if this is normal and is this a sign of there final push???

Also if i start to flush now will that effect this final spurt??? Should i leave the flush for a while???

Thoughts, views and opinions please people :p , Thanx :evil:

NewBud you got me.. What strain? I have not seen a top do that before. But I'm mostly a outside grower.

Looks yummy.:hubba: How many weeks in flower? That colas gonna be nice. Whats the trichs look like?

CowboyBudsky said:
Looks yummy.:hubba: How many weeks in flower? That colas gonna be nice. Whats the trichs look like?

7 week 3 day cowboy since i flipped but they took 8 days i think to show oh and there different cola's fella yummy lol got a few to go round lol

Newbud said:
I have the power lol. Nah i just rapid tap stuff guess it blagged the system lol

:aok: A quick double click, does the trick
I have too much rime on my mind

:48: :joint: :peace:

:bump:

Anyone? Sure someone here has a clue why the new growth, dont wanna start flush if they about to grow again.. Thanx :evil:

Newbud said:
:bump:

Anyone? Sure someone here has a clue why the new growth, dont wanna start flush if they about to grow again.. Thanx :evil:

Newbud,,what color are your Triches?

Unknown unfortunately.
I aint got no scope man so i kinda winging it, not ideal i admit but i have it on decent authority that they want chopping when the hairs are around 80% brown/orange by the lad growing off the original mother i took mine off.

I know i need one but it not happening at moment, bills and petrol ya know lol :evil:

Yep.,,I uderstand bro. Personally if ya think its about ready for Harvest, I would go ahead and Flush. Cant see how its goona hurt her to be flushed.

Newbud said:
Unknown unfortunately.
I aint got no scope man so i kinda winging it, not ideal i admit but i have it on decent authority that they want chopping when the hairs are around 80% brown/orange by the lad growing off the original mother i took mine off.

I know i need one but it not happening at moment, bills and petrol ya know lol :evil:

"decent authority" is.. misleading at "best". Many things can cause pistil turning/dieing. It is not an effective means of judging maturity. The "only" method is by trichome maturity.
Even a common jewlers loup or magnifying glass (8-10X magnification) will allow you to view the trikes more clearly.
I believe the "the tips of a few cola's have started to stretch out again." that you're seeing is often called "foxtailing".. a forum search 'should' yeild some pictures. I recall it being discussed here before.

Hey newbud, I got a 30x jewelers loupe off of ebay NIB for under 5 bucks shipped to my house. It is really worth the few bucks and arrived fairly quickly.

Hi there!

I also grow power plant, nirvanas pure power plant to be precise. But yours and mine look the same, and should behave the same to I guess.

Mine has not stretched the way yours have, but there is a lot of new callyxex popping up lately. Also, the buds look a lot more ripe than they are, pistilles get brown much quicker then the trichs get cloudy. So I would leave it a while if I were you.

I heard that sativa dom. strains often behave like this, pure sativas even have multiple harvest windows.But I'm sure other people can fill you in on this.

Might add that I have two dif phenos, the one that does not look like yours finished in just under 8 weeks.

Take care
/k

Are you usuing any kind of "Budblaster" or other additive by chance? I have seen the abnormal growth on cola's from additives quite often.

Hi guys, thanx for the replies.

Everyone, i know i need a scope but as i said its not happening lol.

HICK cheers fella i'll look up foxtailing. While you here though, i do get what you saying about trich's etc but are you really saying the guy who grows the same plant ( plant because they all off the same mom originally ) would have no idea how they look when done???? He been growin from this DNA for 2 years man i reckon he would know its character by now.

kebnekajse yeah from what i remember i think it is the longer one but then i smoked many spliffs since my last chat with the original holder of the mother plant lol. And yeah they definitely sativa dom for sure.

NorCalHal Yes mate i have been using copious amounts of Cannaboost and Vitalink Buddy as well as going pretty heavy on the Coco A/B.

I'm gona leave em for now i think might start the water today though, they've had so much nutes they'll have plenty stored up lol.

Thanx for the replies fella's :)

HICK cheers fella i'll look up foxtailing. While you here though, i do get what you saying about trich's etc but are you really saying the guy who grows the same plant ( plant because they all off the same mom originally ) would have no idea how they look when done???? He been growin from this DNA for 2 years man i reckon he would know its character by now.
I'm saying there are several things that can cause dieing pistils, and.. if your partner has never checked the trichomes, he probably has no idea, when ripeness has occurred.
He's "guessing" just like everyone in the "old days" used to...:p
Not saying that it won't be a good/great product, but to actually "know"" when prime maturity is reached, you 'have' to watch the trikes..

Latest posts

Back