Autos in hempy buckets and hempy bottles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandolay

Band!
Reaction score
Here are my autos at 5 weeks 3 days

Autos (1024 x 768).jpg

Top left is ss Himalaya Blue Diesel, the other 3 are ss RRF fems. The lower left RRF is a week behind the other 3 and also hosts the remote temperature monitor. It's really convenient to monitor the box temps from my laptop command post in the family room. I ordered femmed RRFs by accident but 3 out of 3 so far are females.

It's a little unsightly in the box - that's a ceramic heater in the lower left that turns on about at 70 degrees. The rags wick the watering runoff from the drip trays so the cardboard doesn't get wet :hubba:. As you can see, there's enough room for one more plant :).

Yesterday I scored some 3 liter soda bottles at the Dollar Tree! I've been looking everywhere for them. Spearchucker and I have been talking about how perfect they should be for auto grows - plenty of height and not so much width. They're 11 inches high after cutting the top off. We'll see :). This one is ready for a ss mystery kush fem- I got 2 as freebies with my latest dope-seed order. It sprouted but hasn't popped it's head up yet.

Bottles (1024 x 768).jpg

Looks good Art.
Be keeping an eye on them.
Hope your going to enjoy those RRFs as much as I do.

Looking good Art....I was saving three litre soda bottles myself for a while but my wife threw away half my stash...thought they were garbage...:)
You shld be very pleased with the RRF smoke...it is quite potent and tasty...

Thanks, guys! I am looking forward to the RRF :hubba:, especially because stash is running low these days. Here are a few pics without the hps - I couldn't get the camera white balance adjusted enough this morning.

Auto1 (1024 x 768).jpgAuto2 (1024 x 768).jpg

Hey bro! I'm on board man.. Looking good. What size HPS you running? And what kind nutes are you using? Looks like you got some kind on the way!!;)

Sooo... You gonna smoke all THAT by yourself?:p :giggle: :D

awesome strains art I wanna watch this one!

Hey, nv! I have a dual 150W HPS. I use the GH Flora Micro and Bloom. This puny crop compared to yours? Ima smoke the whole thing, yep :)

Hi ya, 2dog, nice to see you!

Auto1 (1024 x 768).jpgAuto2 (1024 x 768).jpgAuto3 (1024 x 768).jpgAuto4 (1024 x 768).jpgAuto5 (1024 x 768).jpg

In buckets, back left is Himalaya Blue Diesel, back right and front right are RRFs. All three of these are 6 weeks 2 days. Front left is RRF at 5 weeks 4 days. The tallest RRF is 18". That's about 5" in 7 days.

In 3 liter hempy bottles back left is Mystery Kush at 5 days and in front, a second HBD that popped this morning.

they look nice and bushy art! how much longer do you think they have? which one is the fav so far?

Thanks, 2Dog :). First time growing these 2 strains, I'll let you know when I smoke 'em lol. Hamster and Spearchucker speak highly of RRF :hubba: The front RRF is the prettiest. The HBD is a little nute sensitive.

Thanks, wally! I'm amazed at what you can do in a $13 cardboard box :hubba:.

ArtVandolay said:
Thanks, wally! I'm amazed at what you can do in a $13 cardboard box :hubba:.

$13? Man, that's a bit steep for cardboard ain't it?:p

Hey bro, looking good man!! You gonna get us a little closer there Art? Would love to see some trich action!:hubba: I really dig the 3 gals man. Cheaper and less work than condos for sure. Looks like they ought to work really well. How's the smells? Are these 8 weekers?

nvthis said:
$13? Man, that's a bit steep for cardboard ain't it?:p

Hey bro, looking good man!! You gonna get us a little closer there Art? Would love to see some trich action!:hubba: I really dig the 3 gals man. Cheaper and less work than condos for sure. Looks like they ought to work really well. How's the smells? Are these 8 weekers?

Hey, nv! I was surprised at the cost, too. I hear the Chinese are importing all available cardboard these days and running the price up!

I hope the 3 liter bottles work out because I'm picturing 8-10 plants in that space next time :hubba:. I'm not sure they're a good idea for hempy grows, though. It occurred to me that the res is pretty small in those bottles. I'm guessing they're going to need a full watering at least 2x/day.

The smell is pretty mild - none of them are stinkers. Not yet, anyway. These are 6 weekers. I'm reading up on my camera's macro function now...

Good to see ya! Over!

Art! I don't know how I missed this one. Looking great dude, glad to see you're still rockin' the hempys!!

I really like the 3L bottle idea for those autos, should work real well. But all the babies look real nice. And, I take it you aren't having heat problems anymore? haha

Take care man, I'll be checking this out now

Good to see you again, GG! :D Thanks for stopping in! No 100+ degree temps for me these days - it's prime growing season down here :). But it was in the 40s overnight and 50s this morning, so that little heater has been running. I had to turn the extractor fan off, too. I'm loving these little autos :hubba:. I hope the 3 liter bottles work out so I can grow 8 at a time.

ArtVandolay said:
I hear the Chinese are importing all available cardboard these days and running the price up!

A buddy of mine has a mechanical shop beside a recycle facility and they're buying all the cardboard they can get. Even had some fool out front with a cardboard box hat and a sandwich sign.

Wait a minute--cardboard boxes and 3 liter bottles? Sounds like you could do your one-stop-shopping at my buddy's place, for free.

Looking nice, Art. Did you ever think you'd need a heater for this sport, considering the climate here?

You mind if I drop a couple RRF shots here Art. Just took some snaps. Can put them up later.
Got 1 at 48 days and some "Gen2" RRFs at 2 and 3 days.

Latest posts

Back