Lowryder first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey people, my plants are now 4 weeks old! 2 of them are looking great and strong and have started producing buds - the other two are still abit small.

I want to start adding some nutes to my plants, I have some biobizz bloom now would be the right time to start using correct?

Do you guys think that the two smaller plants need the bloom yet??? recon they will come into flower soon?View attachment DSC00165.JPG

View attachment DSC00162.JPG

View attachment DSC00166.JPG

View attachment DSC00163.JPG

View attachment DSC00164.JPG

You can go back and edit so the rest of your pic come up in your posts, Looking good!

....what up IMO I would let them veg for a while before you give them bloom nutes,you got a way to go,I veg mine till they are at 18in or more,they are lookin good,the yellow looks like you might have overwatered in the beginning,let your soil get dry but not all the way dry,ussually the bottom leaves will let you know when it is thirsty,over watering will slow things down and make pretty plants not so pretty,I am in 5gal hemp buckets and I will go 7 days in between waterings...if I was you I would invest in some better soil on your next go round or transplant into some,like Roots or Foxfarm Ocean Forrest,I have grown in both with great results using very few nutes,these soils are full of the good stuff....green mojo your way...peace....about the different sizes of your plants..male plants will take off faster than females,and some strains you will get some phenos that will look totally different from thier sisters and grow tall and some will be short.....peace

meetmrfist2 said:
....what up IMO I would let them veg for a while before you give them bloom nutes,you got a way to go,I veg mine till they are at 18in or more,they are lookin good,the yellow looks like you might have overwatered in the beginning,let your soil get dry but not all the way dry,ussually the bottom leaves will let you know when it is thirsty,over watering will slow things down and make pretty plants not so pretty,I am in 5gal hemp buckets and I will go 7 days in between waterings...if I was you I would invest in some better soil on your next go round or transplant into some,like Roots or Foxfarm Ocean Forrest,I have grown in both with great results using very few nutes,these soils are full of the good stuff....green mojo your way...peace....about the different sizes of your plants..male plants will take off faster than females,and some strains you will get some phenos that will look totally different from thier sisters and grow tall and some will be short.....peace

hey thanks for the advice......I agree about the soil, I think that combined with incorrect pot size has stunted my grow abit - its all a learning process though. When you say wait till 18inch are you talking about lowryder??? On the seed pack and what I have read says they will only grow up to 12 inchs max.....I think because of pot size I used previous they wont even grow this tall.

i've been feeding my auto's since they were seedlings and it hasn't seemed to phase them at all as far as nute burn goes.. i started of with like 1/8 and if they didn't show signs of nute burn in a few days i bumped it up to 1/4 and so on till i hit full strength. they got 1 feeding at full strength. by then they were 4 weeks old. i just switched to bloom nutes yesterday. i didn't start at 1/8 with the bloom, i started at 3/4 and they still seem fine.

keep in mind that each strain is different. mine may be able to take full nutes but yours may not. when you feed them wait a few days to make sure you don't cook them before feeding again.

i would post some pics of mine at 4 weeks but my daughter ran off with my camera. good luck

I read back and I guess lowryder is a auto strain?I was referring to photoperiod strains,I have run autos all the way through using grow nutes at full punch till about week 4,and then go half stregnth and full strength bloom tiill the last week,then flush with ro water,some growers try diff methods so chime in anytime,My last auto grow I ran some onyx and got about 1.5 oz per plant dried,the height at chop was over 2 ft on all 3 plants,I havent run lowryder so they might stay ti 12in?on auto the life cycle is so short I will place germed seed right into 5gal so no transplating durring its short life,just let them go....good luck,I hope I helped some...peace

slowmo77 said:
i've been feeding my auto's since they were seedlings and it hasn't seemed to phase them at all as far as nute burn goes.. i started of with like 1/8 and if they didn't show signs of nute burn in a few days i bumped it up to 1/4 and so on till i hit full strength. they got 1 feeding at full strength. by then they were 4 weeks old. i just switched to bloom nutes yesterday. i didn't start at 1/8 with the bloom, i started at 3/4 and they still seem fine.

keep in mind that each strain is different. mine may be able to take full nutes but yours may not. when you feed them wait a few days to make sure you don't cook them before feeding again.

i would post some pics of mine at 4 weeks but my daughter ran off with my camera. good luck

thanks for the reply....I have just asked this question in another thread but I'm going to ask it again.....When you say 1/8 strength does that mean just 1/8 of what the bottle suggests? so if it was 2-5ml per 1 litre 1/8 strength would be 0.25 - 0.625 ml per 1 litre???

EDIT also as you can see two of the plants are smaller - I noticed today one has started to get little hairs do you think I should feed all of them the bloom or just the bigger two?

meetmrfist2 said:
I read back and I guess lowryder is a auto strain?I was referring to photoperiod strains,I have run autos all the way through using grow nutes at full punch till about week 4,and then go half stregnth and full strength bloom tiill the last week,then flush with ro water,some growers try diff methods so chime in anytime,My last auto grow I ran some onyx and got about 1.5 oz per plant dried,the height at chop was over 2 ft on all 3 plants,I havent run lowryder so they might stay ti 12in?on auto the life cycle is so short I will place germed seed right into 5gal so no transplating durring its short life,just let them go....good luck,I hope I helped some...peace

thanks again....yes I need to place from seed into the larger pots next time. From you + what other people seem to be saying I will feed with nutes tomorrow...

I am using Humbolt natural grow and bloom nutes by the way, awesome results everytime.....mix and feed

chipsngravy said:
thanks for the reply....I have just asked this question in another thread but I'm going to ask it again.....When you say 1/8 strength does that mean just 1/8 of what the bottle suggests? so if it was 2-5ml per 1 litre 1/8 strength would be 0.25 - 0.625 ml per 1 litre???

EDIT also as you can see two of the plants are smaller - I noticed today one has started to get little hairs do you think I should feed all of them the bloom or just the bigger two?

i go by the bottle. if it says 2-3 tsp per gallon i use 1 1/4 for half and so on down the line. i would give them 1 dose of grow nutes so they get a little extra N before flowering.. then next feeding use bloom.. jmo

Plants not looking so good. I watered + plus gave them there first does of bloom (half strength) on saturday......I'm thinking maybe too much of both these things. Leaves turning allsorts of wrong colours and plants look sick.....I think on one of the larger of my plants the brown at the top is caused by burning (got too close to my light) but the rest has gotten worse since water/nutes were applied on saturday (2 days ago).
View attachment DSC00171.JPG

View attachment DSC00167.JPG

View attachment DSC00169.JPG

View attachment DSC00170.JPG

View attachment DSC00168.JPG

you might try and flush the soil to make sure the nutes are out
green mojo to help them recover :aok:

one of my plants is drooping down now.....does this mean its dying????

DSC00173.JPG

the largest of all plants actually looks like the bloom might have done it some good (more flower)

the only problems i can think of are - light, nutes, and water

not enough light, too much nutes, or not enough water. idk which
sry I cant help more - hope it recovers

MosesPMG said:
the only problems i can think of are - light, nutes, and water

not enough light, too much nutes, or not enough water. idk which
sry I cant help more - hope it recovers

there is enough light. I think it may be the nutes....I would flush but I'm scared of over watering!

If you have good drainage don't worry about over watering. It looks like nutes to me. Looks like its had way to much.

I would def flush it and then give it maybe a week and see what happens. If your going to do something do it fast. dont want it to die on you.

Jericho said:
If you have good drainage don't worry about over watering. It looks like nutes to me. Looks like its had way to much.

I would def flush it and then give it maybe a week and see what happens. If your going to do something do it fast. dont want it to die on you.

I flushed that one plant last night.....checked this morning when I just woke up and it looks alot better, in fact it has visable growth....I'm thinking maybe I haven't given these plants enough water. Would it be wise to flush the rest of them?

yes just to make sure you didnt over do the nutes. couldnt hurt

Latest posts

Back