10 Plant Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
What's up everyone? I decided to take my bagseed and put it to some use. I germed 13 hopeful seeds and 10 decided to pop for me. I put them in jiffy cylinders and waited until the roots shot out of the bottoms.

These pics are at 9 days old.

Using:
Two 40 watt flo light
Jiffy Seed Starter soil
Soil mix of 2/3 Jiffy with 1/3 perlite
House Fan (it's in one of the pics in the background)

Plan on getting a 400 watt hps from my friend. Debating if I should get a 250 or 400.

-My questions start out with the question of how long do you think I can grow these plants under this 4 foot shop light? Should I get the hps as soon as possible?
-This is pretty much my 2nd time growing with my plants making it to about 3 weeks on my last grow (was using miracle grow, causing them to turn yellow and die) so when should I start adding nutrients to the soil? What type of nutrients would you recommend that I can get from home depot, lowes, or walmart.
-When should I transplant?
-Sorry for so many questions, but in one of the pictures my plants leaves are turning a little yellow, but still keeping a pace at growing with the middle growing out nice and green. I think it may how the strain grows because there is a another plant with the same characterstics...

That is about it at the moment. Thanks for looking and I hope for a lot of suggestions. I'll try to keep this very up to date so I can get some buds in the end!

Here are the Pics::bong:

hey just a note, i use photobucket as well to host some of my pics. they have three links under each pic, if you use the bottom link and post it in your post, the pic will show up here in the thread ;)

..I really wish you guys would use the server provided here for posting.
Linking from other "hosting" sites is a real security issue, an issue that should be of concern to "all" of the members.

MarP' has provided it for us,...it is free, and far less a risk for "you" or our site...let's use it.
If you're haveing trouble posting pics on our server, one of the mods will be happy to help you out.

on a side note:
This forum server is located in a "MJ friendly" country where Photobucket is not. Also this forum server has no affilation with seedbanks or anything of the nature..MP pays for this forum outa his own pocket.

Directly from the "Terms of Service" aggreement on photo bucket site...

5. Restrictions

You will not do any of the following while using or accessing the Site or the Services:
e. Post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit, via the Site or Services, any Content that is unlawful,
Photobucket reserves the right at all times to disclose, in its sole discretion, any Content as necessary to (a) satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request

Photobucket reserves the right at all times to disclose, in its sole discretion, any Content as necessary to (a) satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request

:eek: :eek: that sends shivers up my spine :eek: :eek:

...and linking from there...to here, leads any.."interested" parties directly to our domain.
Essentailly bringing unwarranted attention to the entire membership....

I have to agree with you 100% Hick. Lets not use an outside source.

our resident "techy", stoneybud has brought up another good point concerning this type "linking".
Malicious scripts, hacks, ect are easily transfered to our server, too. Which could lead to crashing, and/or excessive costs to "debug" the server. An out of pocket cost to MarP, ..OR he might not be willing to burden the cost and simply close the doors.

I'm very sorry guys. If I post the pictures through the server will you help me out with my questions? My plants seemed like they haven't grown at all for a day or two.
Thanks,
Bigweedo

Im using 6-6-6 nutrients nitrogen , potassium and phosphurus. I ve heard to add the nutrients in the vegative cycle probably a month into the growing cycle when they are big enough to absorb the nutrients to where they wont be harmed. I would start off slow when adding the nutrients maybe? Just my opinion and of what i heard and read.

It says the pics should be attached!

DSCF0619.jpg

DSCF0620.jpg

DSCF0621.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0623.jpg

ok i have a few pic i need to go back thru and get reloaded cause i have a few going thru photobucket as well.

question: the main reason i liked the photobucket site is that the pics showed directly into the post and not as attachments that you have to click on and open a seperate window with. is there anyway that the pics can be done like this loading them to this site so they show up like the photobucket ones do?

and i have the hardest time sometimes with my pics and the downsizing, i usually take them down to 25% which seems about the max size i can use, but i can do ten pics the exact same way with the same program,and i load all ten of them and it says that half of them are too big. it just dont make sense, i am sure its the program i am usuing but i dont know why it makes some of them the right size and some are just a hair too big. kinda baffles me.

Useually when the leaves turn yellow and die it means thatthe plant is feeding off itself. It is using it's stored up neutriants.It's not getting enough nitrogen.

What I would do is look for a neutriant with a higher nitro content then potasium and phosphorus. Maybe something like a 5-1-1 mix till flowering then something like a 5-15-15 mix.

These are what the books say to use, but I also found that do what works for your specific application. My grow is nowhere near text book and my results are wonderful.

I start a very diluted mix of neuts when my first set of true leaves show themselves. A dilution of like 1cc of neuts to 1 quart of water is what I use. The soil is just a scots basic no fertilizer soil at this point untill they go into their 3 gallon home then I use Foxfarms OceanForrest soil.

Hopes this helps

bigweedo said:
I'm very sorry guys. If I post the pictures through the server will you help me out with my questions? My plants seemed like they haven't grown at all for a day or two.
Thanks,
Bigweedo
:banana::clap::yay::dancing:.....
thanks a million guys!
and sorry for NOT giveing a shot at your questions. Sometimes we gat distracted from our real purpose.
you can veg under the flo's for a few weeks. "I" consider 10-12 inches tall about as far as the flo's remain efficient enough to provide sufficient photosynthesis to the lower growth.
what size hps you should use depends on the size of your area. 50 watts or 5,000 lumen per. sq. ft is considered optimal.
I think Lowes, HD carry "Alaskan" brand organic ferts, but I suggest a ph meter be implimented if you use them. (IMHO..a ph meter should be the first tool you invest in)
Nutrients can usually be started in a dilluted form at around 2-3 weeks, "I" look for the cotyldones to fade/yellow as a signal to start feeding.

schlendrakes advice is right down the pipe.
These are what the books say to use, but I also found that do what works for your specific application. My grow is nowhere near text book and my results are wonderful.
...:)

Great advice Hick. That just goes to show that people can do different things in their grow and still get great results.

Yes yellowing of the leaves is also a good sign to start feeding. That is what I used when I started growing as a tell tale sign.

The one thing I noticed is when outward growth stopped in my grows that the root system was developing and not long after that the outward/visual growth stated up again.

It seems that they go through several different stages as all plants do.
Germinating/root development/veg growth/sex assignment/then maturation with alternating nodes. When flowering I noticed that they go through a bloom stage/weight gain/trich production/more growth/more weight gain and yet more trich production.

It seems that when they change gears, whatever they were producing comes to almost a complete stop and the new growth kicks in be it roots trichs or whatever. I have seen a recent plant of mine grow 3 more flowering branches at 5 weeks into flowering with a 12/12 cycle out of the top of the mancala and all other growth halted. These branches then flowered and added extra weight. When they caught up to the rest of the plant it all continued to grow at the same rate.

Good luck and I think that you'll be just fine.

Charlie Papazian says "Relax have a homebrew" but that doesn't go here so Schlendrake says "Relax and hit that water pipe" :bong:

Thanks for the reply. Are there any other ferts out there that would be easy to use? The only problem I think I am going to have is mixing the right ratio. I use an 8 ounce bottle to water my plants. So should i just mix the nutrients in a gallon jug then keep filling up the bottle to water the plants?
Thanks,
Bigweedo

See if you can get your hands on some fox farms neuts. If not then I see no problem with mixing up a gallon if you plan on using that much at one watering. I don't know how long premixed neuts will last but it should be a while considering some people use a dwc to grow in.

recently i purchased some guano and after all the reading and whatnot its no harder than making a gallon of iced tea.

night501 said:
recently i purchased some guano and after all the reading and whatnot its no harder than making a gallon of iced tea.

"instant" tea, too...;)

Latest posts

Back