100 gallon hole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FarmToTable said:
Gearing up for my first real outdoor grow and have a few more questions.

I want to dig 3x3x2 holes, but for 2-3 plant clusters. Is 3 overboard, is 2 ok? I know most people say one plant per hole.

For each hole I was going to add 2 bales of peat, 1 bag cow manure, 1/2 bag worm castings, 1 bag perlite, and a healthy dose of happy frog.

Saw a cool video where the guy lined the holes with industrial trash bags with holes torn in them. Worth doing?

Plants will have had 6-8 weeks veg in 1 g pots.

Any suggestions for doing 2-3 plant clusters?

Love your plan, I use 50 gal holes, 4 - 8 foot apart with great success. You will have hot soil so Make sure when you transplant into holes you soak your holes first.

Saw a cool video where the guy lined the holes with industrial trash bags with holes torn in them. Worth doing?

no...

Word of warning, once plants are established do not over water, there is water deeper in the hole and the roots will find it. It's OK to wash your plants before flowering 'but don't deep water unless you see slight wilting'.

I want to dig 3x3x2 holes, but for 2-3 plant clusters. Is 3 overboard, is 2 ok? I know most people say one plant per hole.

In the end, there can only be one!...

hole1.jpg

plants_late.jpg

plants_1.jpg

Nice Garden. Man I wish I could grow outside like that.

Latest posts

Back