115vac fan wireing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derf

Reaction score
hey y'all i just found two 115vac 60hz fans and was hopeing i could use them help cool my grow box, wich has become a dang sauna. anyone got any idea how to wire them so that i can plug em in to the wall? can i just get a power cord and splice em?

derf said:
hey y'all i just found two 115vac 60hz fans and was hopeing i could use them help cool my grow box, wich has become a dang sauna. anyone got any idea how to wire them so that i can plug em in to the wall? can i just get a power cord and splice em?

Yep just splice in a power cord blk-blk
wht-wht
grn-grn

dont forget wire nuts and elec tape ;)

umm i get black to black and welll those are the only colors i got guys. two little black wires. i aint got no green. i guess i'll go out and buy a power cord and strip the sucker and start spliceing. since i only have two wires i supose i should but a regular two prong would be what i'm getting right? since no need for a ground right?

this site and you guys are so helpfull,
thanks

yes that is correct, you can even go to the hardware store and buy the wire in the length needed, but yes you got the basics down.. good luck

how many wires outa the fan do you have? if three get a three prong chord.
if only two.....it's AC (alternating current) if you get it wired wrong it won't fry ya man. just make sure it don't touch anything metal or grounded. just be careful.

you can still use a grouned cord just put the green on the fan chassie or frame.

Suppose I was setting up a ventilation using computer fans... Could I attach three fans to the same Plug? (Sorry, didn't see the point in starting a new thread when this was pretty much the same topic.)

On power cords, one side will be ribbed and the other smooth. Pay attention to that. One is hot and the other neutral on a 3 wire system. If you put more than one fan on the same cord, use a heavy enough cord to carry the extra current. When in doubt, feel it to make sure it's not hot after running a while.

Latest posts

Back