16 tubes,Double rack Badboy T-5 grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkone7

Reaction score
Going to try a Double Rack T-5 BadBoy grow here.So far they have been under the veg lights for 4 weeks from seed.
There are 16 plants in total,10 of the same Bubba as last run.6 are clones given to me by a friend.
The ten BK were popped in 16oz cups and transplanted to 3 gallon buckets a week ago.The clones were placed into cups after rooting,and also transplanted one week ago.
Every plant has had the top split once.I will split each new shoot once more before flower.
I have decided to do this as I have less limits on floor space compared to height.
The plants are in a fairly neutral soil.Very very light Guano mix and some Tarantula I found in my old stash LOL.
They have just recieved a mild (2ml per quart) dose of Pure Blend grow.Water only now untill the next time I split the tops.
Havent changed much in the cabinet other than to convert back from HID to T-5 racks.
Easy switch as all the hangers are in place.I just remove two pieces of ducting and the shade then hang the racks in it's place.
So thats the new grow.Thanks for checking it out.

bbg5.jpg

bbg6.jpg

bbg7.jpg

bbg8.jpg

Great looking healthy plants you have Darkone :)

How much is the height restriction?

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Great looking healthy plants you have Darkone :)

How much is the height restriction?

:peace:

My cabinet is a 5ft cube.
So I have 25 sq.ft. of floor space,with a height limit of about 4ft 6in.
Less the pots gives me allowance for plants just a hair over three feet tall.
Thanks for checkin out my thread bud

Nice I'm waiting on my badboy t-5 now......hope its pink !...lol ~" Peace

Looking nice, good luck with it. Interested to see how they look once they're flowered. You know the strain of the clones you were given?

Very nice set-up bro, very impressive. Healthy as hell, awesome grow. Tagging this one to keep an eye out on it, good luck

Kanibus said:
Looking nice, good luck with it. Interested to see how they look once they're flowered. You know the strain of the clones you were given?

The only one of the clones given to me that I actually got a name for is Cotton Candy....pretty plant so far with lots of purple and pink hairs.
The other clones...no idea They had "HG" taped on the sides,so your guess is as good as mine..(HG= home grown?) LOL

Last week of veg for these girls.
Had to raise the lights as some of the strains are stretchier than others.
Tomorrow I will replace the rest of the 6500k bulbs with 2500k bulbs.
I have also decided to just go with one split of the tops.
They are chewing up about 3 cups of liquid every three days.
I will give them a mild dose of PB Bloom when I change up the light cycle.

I have also switched out the fan I was using for interior air movement for a small air purifier I had kickin around.It wont really do anything for odor,but the breeze it blows is much milder than the fan, so hopefully it won't dry out the plant sitting right in front of it as bad as the occilating fan did.

Once the lights are at maximum height I should be able to remount my Infinite Breeze fan back on the door.

faderharley said:
Are you using T-5 2500k tubes for flowering?

That is exactly what I am using now that they are on 12/12 cycle.
I am going to swap out 4 of the 16 bulbs in fourth week back to the 6500k just to add some frost.
Thanks for checkin into my thread

Just finishing the second week of flower.
The strain i have been running for the last few shows stretched like crazy again compared to the other new strains.
It does appear that the stretching has leveled out now,so this should be the last time I need to raise the lights .
So the front light in my cab is now about 6 inches higher than the rear rack to compensate for the plant height differences.
My two fans are having a harder time keeping the heat from 16 tubes down.These T-5 floros run anything but cool.
Next watering I will give them the second shot of PB bloom.Each three gallon pot is still sucking up about three cups of water every three days.
Temps in the cab run between 75-80f depending on ambient air temps.
Thats it for this time,thanks for checkin it out.

View attachment bbg9.jpg

View attachment bbg11.jpg

I'm in for this grow D1, interesting to see a grow with T5 2500's.
They are looking real nice.
Peace
Woody

Just thought I would pop in and check out your t5 grow. I was very surprised, Great grow darkone.

looking very nice! props on the grow.. thanks to some of the kind people you meet here on MP, ive been considering switching to t5s myself. Those girls look amazing, keep up the good work.
-darkside

I am not sure if you have done the math on this Dark1. I have a 4 tube 4ft T5HO light, it puts out 18,500 lumens (give or take) for 208W. I use this for veg as it is in the 6500k light spectrum.
If you have an 16 tubes of 4ft length, that will be 832W or power usage for just 74,000 lumens. A single 600W HPS will produce 90k lumens, which is 20% more light for 25% less power usage. Obviously heat is not as much of an issue but my T5's give out a lot more heat than expected.
I am very interested in what results you get but I won't be rushing out to buy some 2500k tubes for my T5 any time soon, just keep them for veg I think.
None of that takes away from some great looking plants you have there.
Peace
Woody

woodydude said:
I am not sure if you have done the math on this Dark1. I have a 4 tube 4ft T5HO light, it puts out 18,500 lumens (give or take) for 208W. I use this for veg as it is in the 6500k light spectrum.
If you have an 16 tubes of 4ft length, that will be 832W or power usage for just 74,000 lumens. A single 600W HPS will produce 90k lumens, which is 20% more light for 25% less power usage. Obviously heat is not as much of an issue but my T5's give out a lot more heat than expected.
I am very interested in what results you get but I won't be rushing out to buy some 2500k tubes for my T5 any time soon, just keep them for veg I think.
None of that takes away from some great looking plants you have there.
Peace
Woody

I am well aware of the tradeoffs involved.This is the one and only time I plan on running this many watts of T-5.Purely an experiment.
My next run I will in fact veg under T-5 and then switch to a Quantum 600 digital ballast for flower.
Thanks for checking out my thread bud.

NP, as I said, I am very interested in the results you get, even better would be something to compare it with!
I like experiments, its how things get better so an extra special dose of green mojo is on its way.
Peace
Woody

Looking healthy as hell. I grow w/CFLs from seed to harvest btw, like these types of grows..

Latest posts

Back