19 days of Germination!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankcos

Reaction score
When I got my seeds last month I put them into wet paper towels in zip lock bags on top of my cable box. Out of 7 seeds 5 of them had tails within 18 hours. 4 of the 5 now have 3 sets of leaves.the 5th never sprouted. The other 2 did nothing. For 19 days I checked daily and they did nothing.

I got impatient Yesterday so I decided to take them out and dry them off to examine them. They looked exactly the same as they did when I got them.:confused2: So I went and got some fine grit sand paper and rubbed them up a little bit. I then put them into a water bottle in a few inches of water. They were floating when I put them away.

18 hours later I looked at them and they were both on the bottom with little white tails. :DYippeee!!:D I thought they were a lost cause for sure. They went into soil tonight. They were the fem acapulco gold and the fem NL's. As soon as I get a decent camera pics will be up.

its always good to give your seeds a light scuff with a fine grit sand paper. glad to hear you got them to crack after that much time. i would have tossed them after about a week.

I hate seeds. Find that holy grail you love and clone the schniekies out of it! lol

then package up the dank and store it in a mason jar until next harvest!

that's patience right there. After 24 hours of soaking and 7 to 10 days max in the paper towel I literally throw in the towel.
-SSF-

no way! That's insane; scuffing them with sand paper actually worked? I would have been upset if they weren't breaking ground after four days! I know sometimes they take longer, but 19 days!? That's crazy!

I've had seed take a month to germ, found it by chance.

Yeah a week is the most it has ever taken usually for a seed to germ. I figured one last attempt before I threw them out couldn't hurt. Glad I did.

Ahhh CUTE!!!!... Kinda like a C-Section for plants!!!....HEHEHHE

Latest posts

Back