1month into growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uk1

Reaction score
hey , i was wondering if anyone could help with pretty much everything :eek:

i started growing 1 plant about a month ago , its got a load of leafs on it
does this mean flowering :D im kinda stupid i know.

um ive got real crappy lights but it gives off alot of heat which i heard is needed majorly , also i keep it in day time light and it seems to do just as well , its indoors!!

i just need direct answers about it all from start to finish

also harvesting, when would i know it needs doing ?:)

i'll take a pic as soon i can because it just seems after a month it should be bigger in width , the height is about 10" so i dont think that's a problem

~uk1~

just took some pics to be more precise on the kinda help i need :D
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

4.JPG5.JPG

check out the grow guides, they will answer everythign you need for now. MJ grows best in the 72-78 degree range so that heat lamp might be getting your plant alittle warm. A HPS light would be great for flowering. you can get cheap flood light ones at home depot. But so far your baby is looking great. good luck with your grow.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5837
-gro guides

Your plant needs light, what type of lights are you using?

yeah get a fan on it and more light. That should put you where you want it.

hey gals are screaming for light, they look as if they need light. The leaves are tiny man, and heat does nothing(unless the ladies get too cold)
you can have the heat ratio between 70-85 degrees and the gals will do fine.
to sum up, MORE LIGHT, MORE LIGHT, and the lights you are using at the moment are totally useless. What you need is either cfl`s (you can get HID cfl`s, here in the uk, they`re a bit on the expensive side, but cheaper than an HPS 400w) or just splash out on an HID lamp-HPS are the best.
they come in various watts, 250w is quite cheap.
go on ebay and have a scan on prices etc.
Good luck man, Shuggy.Need any help just ask dude.
:afroweed: ;) :afroweed:
sweet camera BTW.Do you use "mylar" or some other reflective material? it`s a must.
get a fan blowing on them ladies,those stems look well flimsy.

Hey everyone thanks for your opinions , i'll still need help though along the way.....

its been 19hours since i last took pics & to me it looks much improved , is it just me or what :p

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

oh it also has a fan running on it now too & i'll be getting better lights during next week , for now im going back & forth from daylight to crap bulb light & the darkness is a few hours before it gets to morning , soil is constently moist (miracle gro) i like it no matter what gets said bout it , drains un-needed water out by itself .... and i also have some miracle gro plant feeder , its liquid form says to use it every 2weeks , i think im lucky i didnt destroy it because i used it straight away when it was just starting but it shot up within a few days it was great watching it

remember, unless your planning on makin` hash,get rid of all males as soon as you sex them.
the best advice to give to you is to read and then read some more, all the info you need is written in this forum.So before asking questions, read the sticky`s first.
grow journals is also a great place to learn the art of growing quality MJ, read up on them and copy "if you want",everyone has there own methods on growing also."Trial and error", learning from those mistakes, you should be up and running in no time.(once you get some adequate lighting)
any probs or Qs don`t hesitate to ask man, were all here to help one another;) :fly: :joint: :fly:

okay this isnt good i just had to re pot it cause the roots were coming out the bottom of the pot , does this mean ive killed it or what?

someone plz help!

plus the root is massive , like a hand full of roots & it was moist soil took ages to do :(

you say you`ve "transplanted them? How did you do it?:confused: :cool:
you`ve gotta try and be as quick as possible and not disturb the root ball.
did you give them a good watering before the move? This keeps it in one peice.
need more info man.
flowering is when the plant is matured enough, to know this look for alternating nodes and pistils(they look like little white/clear hairs)for males look for balls. it`s easy to determine sex when the ladies begin maturing. but if you can`t wait, take a clone and place it in a glass of water about 1/2-1 inch deep. then place the clone under 12/12 lighting and within a couple of weeks max,the sex will be shown.
after "vegging" for as long as you want,(which can be as little as 4 weeks or as much as 6 months even longer!)as long as the ladies are mature enough, after around 2 weeks into 12/12 flower, the plant will reveal it`s sex. It`s all about patience. "flower" is the switch of lighting to 12 hrs on 12 hrs off, this shocks the plant into flowering and begins to produce "bud".
hope this helps man,
Shuggy

Let it veg for another month, then put it on 12/12 lighting. In a week or 2 you should know the sex of the plant. Pistils or white hairs if female, balls if it is male.

okay thx for your replys , um i didnt water it before transplanting HER(hopefully)
but i managed to get it all in 1 lump from the roots , realisticly it took about 15minutes but that was a long 15 minutes for patience lol

as for flowering i may be in trouble , i started the plant off at 24/0 light ,then when i saw it growing to say 2inches i started 12/12 & have pretty much been doing that cycle since , alittle help on what stages they need from now till i get the feel for it is appreciated.

Also i cant tell a thing about it , everytime i see something new grow through it looks like these hair things but turns out to be leaves lol,

I may have messed it up even more because before i found this forum i cut bigger leafs from the top because someone said that these leaves would take all the nutriens well most. the top originaly was massive & the bottom was nothing , now if you look at the pics it will show the bottom spreading & the top has remained the same even now , its too small!!!

what you need is better lighting and switch it to 24/0, your gals will go a bit mutant on you, but they may survive and begin vegging again, within a couple or three weeks.
don`t stress them anymore, they may be destined to be "hermies" allready, due to the lighting mess up. but there`s always hope.
if they are hermie then you`ll have some seed to plant next time.
everyone has messed up a grow at one stage or another, it`s a learning process."Trial and error and learning from your mistakes" that`s the key man.
Good Luck m8,
Shuggy

:bong2:
just adding more pics for the hell of it :D

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg
7.jpg

This is the only plant in the pot so does it mean i dont need to worry about the sex of it.
(ex. seperating)

:bong1:

nop male are no good they dont produce thc so you wont get a buzz but definetly you need more light go with cfl they are cheap and good any question here i am peace out

hey bud yes 24/0 20/4 18/6 anyone of these lighting cycles is vegetative cycle i.e. just grows leaves and bushes out (depending on light). 12/12 or any other cycle with less than 12 hours of light will induce flowering or "budding" which you usually dont want to do until the plant is a little taller and has branches coming off of the main branches with little nodes or preflowers at the intersections of these branches. Once in flowering mode your plant is going to bush out grow about double to triple its present size and make buds, to get it to go back into veg to eventually bud again is to say the least very stressful on your plant. Now that you have it in 12/12 id say keep it there until you find the sex of the plant, either little balls or little hairs and flowers (girl). Male plants are useless to smoke unless you make hash or something and that is still secondary hash. With you growing one id make sure it was female before putting too much time into it.

to clear up the light im surprised youve gotten this big with the light i think your using

do you have a regular bulb like for a lamp

is it flourescent bulb

or a CFL compact flourescent bulb (flouro that fits into a regular light socket funky looking)

you need a hid (high intensity discharge) high pressure sodium and metal halide , youd know if you had these but whoever told you heat grows weed had probably saw one of these as they can get quite warm but it is a byproduct of the light we need, the heat is most times quite harmful, unless you grow in your basement and its chilly.

almost everyone that grows without an hid wish they could but cant due to heat, placement, or space and ventilation allowance.

3patas said:
nop male are no good they dont produce thc so you wont get a buzz

This is a myth...Male plants do have THC, just not to the degree that females have. That is why they are good for hash making, it concentrates their THC. Males are so misunderstood. ((Did *I* say that??!!??)) :peace:

Latest posts

Back