1st Grow/auto AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldHippieChick said:
Well you gota do what you gota do -
Ordered my auto AK47s and some White Russians.... mine should be coming to life around the time your other four are ready to smoke..... ahhh the circle of life.
hakuna matata:48:

Gonne love both of those OHC!

Damn they are some sexy ladies
growing some AK hope they turn out as pretty as yours

ah and on goes the wait... checked trichs today and their still clear:watchplant:

most of the leaves have died and fallen off...they look nice and crusty but i will wait for the trichs:hubba: some pics...

Picture 012-1.jpg

Picture 013-1.jpg

Picture 014-1.jpg

the bagseed laidies are budding all over the place...they are gonna yield huge :D clones are coming along...

Picture 015-1.jpg

Picture 016-1.jpg

Picture 018-1.jpg

Nice. I love this version of ak, it's fast and good smoke.

I might not wait until the trichs turn, keep your eye on the plant itself. I've cut down a few of autos before they turned, simply because the plant looked like it might not make it to the next watering. You've still got some sun leaves to lose, though, just look for the leaves on the buds to start to brown and shrivel. I've never let one go too much longer after that.

mistisrising said:
Nice. I love this version of ak, it's fast and good smoke.

I might not wait until the trichs turn, keep your eye on the plant itself. I've cut down a few of autos before they turned, simply because the plant looked like it might not make it to the next watering. You've still got some sun leaves to lose, though, just look for the leaves on the buds to start to brown and shrivel. I've never let one go too much longer after that.

hiya mist, thanks for droppin in, yeah thats what they are doing, the leaves on the buds are turning brown and drying up, i wasnt sure if that was normal, i know the shade leaves do, but i hadnt seen anyones plants actually have the bud leaves do that...i just now checked trichs on one about half way down, they look mostly cloudy to me, the 70 day target date is tues so they should be getting there, was gonna wait for at least some amber, and i want them to fatten up as much as possible...maybe i should sample heheh :hubba:

You def have some sort of late defiency or nute overkill. They will yellow and fall off, but not crispy brown. My went 60 days. No matter, looks very stoney.

Yeah those hve to be pretty damn close to done...Autos don't always allow you to get as much amber as a regular strain wld...when they towards the end of their life cycle it's a quick and rapid ending...I wld still keep an eye on the trichs but also look at the plant and the leaves and be ready to chop before you get a lot of ambers...

nouvellechef said:
You def have some sort of late defiency or nute overkill. They will yellow and fall off, but not crispy brown. My went 60 days. No matter, looks very stoney.

really...your auto ak's were done in 60 days? the card that came with the seeds said 70 days seed to harvest, i know thats just a target window so ive been watching the trichs...

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah those hve to be pretty damn close to done...Autos don't always allow you to get as much amber as a regular strain wld...when they towards the end of their life cycle it's a quick and rapid ending...I wld still keep an eye on the trichs but also look at the plant and the leaves and be ready to chop before you get a lot of ambers...

i will take that as gospel from the auto guru :D lol...so i may not be able to wait for much amber then? they seemed to be mostly clear and then the last day or two they seem cloudy, i saw 1 or 2 ambers yesterday on one i checked but that was about it for amber, a couple of the tops still have mostly white hairs, other have turned mostly orange...but i wasnt really going by that... was just watchin the trichs...

They look great... I'm on Lowryders right now, but I'll definately look into these for a future grow...

Great work!

sundancer245 said:
i will take that as gospel from the auto guru :D lol...so i may not be able to wait for much amber then? they seemed to be mostly clear and then the last day or two they seem cloudy, i saw 1 or 2 ambers yesterday on one i checked but that was about it for amber, a couple of the tops still have mostly white hairs, other have turned mostly orange...but i wasnt really going by that... was just watchin the trichs...

I hve never gotten autos to go much past 20%amber but that is where I like them anyway...but I hve had a fair share only get to maybe 5% amber 95% cloudy...I wld find a candidate and take a sample and quick dry it...smoke it up and see how you like it...I usually sample a medium sized popcorn bud from down low...

Hamster Lewis said:
I hve never gotten autos to go much past 20%amber but that is where I like them anyway...but I hve had a fair share only get to maybe 5% amber 95% cloudy...I wld find a candidate and take a sample and quick dry it...smoke it up and see how you like it...I usually sample a medium sized popcorn bud from down low...

yeah i think thats what we are going to do is sample it...the speed at which they seem to be changing they could be there in a couple more days...

tryer77 said:
They look great... I'm on Lowryders right now, but I'll definately look into these for a future grow...

Great work!

thanks tryer77 ...i will def be giving a smoke report so stay tuned...:)

sundancer245 said:
yeah i think thats what we are going to do is sample it...the speed at which they seem to be changing they could be there in a couple more days...

Yeah I wld sample and just keep an eye on those trichs...it cld only take 2-3 days before the ambers start showing up in numbers...just be ready to harvest even if the ambers don't get as far as you wld like...nice job. They look very tasty...:)

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah I wld sample and just keep an eye on those trichs...it cld only take 2-3 days before the ambers start showing up in numbers...just be ready to harvest even if the ambers don't get as far as you wld like...nice job. They look very tasty...:)

thanks bro, yep thats the plan, they do look really yummy, esp when i take them out from under the lamps, you can really see the true color then and OMG :hubba:

I don't like couchlock. Take them when all cloudy. I left 2 to go a little further.

nouvellechef said:
I don't like couchlock. Take them when all cloudy. I left 2 to go a little further.

yeah im gonna try both, gonna take it in stages...

well after further examination of the buds, the trichs on #4 were all cloudy with a few amber so the wife promptly said chop chop lol who am i to argue :confused2: :D so down came number 4...her wet weight was 138.7 so we will be doin good to wind up with an OZ dry... but she was VERY sticky, we wound up with a small ball of resin off the sccisors and put it in the bong, was only 3 hits each but OMG it was fire, i was toast after the first hit... im sure the other 3 plants will be soon coming down also, some pics...

Picture 005-1.jpg

Picture 009-1.jpg

Picture 010-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back