1st grow ever, 18 NL girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there lordhighlama and legalize_freedom and thanks for your comments.
This sure is strange! I dont know what to think of this anymore.
I ordered the seeds from weedseedshop.com. They did not come in breeders packet, instead in a small plastic bag. The only other thing enclosed was sensi's stuff so I asume that they're from sensi's. These were the smallest seeds I ever seen! Laters I needed to check again some info so I visited sensi's site to check whats the score, you know me thinking thats where they came from and found out that Sensi sells fem. Northern Lights from White Label. So to be honest I only know from where I ordered them.
Do you know anything about weedseedshop?

There they still are, over 10 weeks in flower. I think this is quite long for indica. They're still growing and looking great albeit now with yellowing leaves. Just this morning I was pleased when I found bright green healthy looking new growth in my biggest plant, made me think that I cant be doing all that bad if that still happens and that the plant is healthy. Big buds galore, yeah I like the way they look. But by now you maybe already know, no weight. Me? Genetics? I try not to stress myself with that too much anymore, done that enough by now. When a clone is done I maybe find out something, maybe not.

I decidet to give them plenty of water and a small feed.

Bom

don't have any experience with weeseedshop always have used attitude... no help there.

All in all though if your not gonna sell this then does it really matter the weight you get out of it. You'll still have plenty of stoney buds to smoke. :)

hmmm I've never done business with weedseed either...my guess is that they are just takeing longer than normal to mature, if your still getting new growth...well then they are not done...lol. They may pack on some weight yet, be patient, and give them a dose of mollasses, and kelp...a good sugar boost now is just what it needs, that will help to harden them up a little I would think...good luck bud!

lordhighlama, legalize_freedom thanks for visiting.

It´s a brand new day, same old situation.

Will all growing stop when they´re ready? Because now I'm eying them thrics and not all are amber and there's some new grow appearing on some buds. Them calyxes have swollen big and in some the pistil coming out has turned brown and/but in some theres new pistils pushing out. I did chop some of them last night, I got in my mind that maybe they're ready and I just dont know it and that I am over cooking them a the moment. I took the most "fried" ones. Later I thought again that new growth thing and left half still standing full. You see, I dont know. Been thinking that harvesting window aswell, 2weeks for indicas...
What does an over cooked plant look like?

I have to leave this country very soon and the growroom is still growing plants. I'm gonna be very busy later if this aint ready soon and I actually cant leave before they come down. Man , that would be bad ; do a 4month soil grow and never even see it finish, leave it all behind for nothing, no way. Maybe I have to overstay my visit... but I'm overstaying already haa haa!!

A good day to everyone

IMG_1932.JPG

dang buddy that is a nice looking cola... don't worry to much about pistlils turning color on you just keep an eye on those tric's if you are starting to see some amber now you know your getting close. When are you looking to harvest? How much amber you wanting to get?

Thanks for the compliment lordhighlama.

dang buddy that is a nice looking cola... don't worry to much about pistlils turning color on you just keep an eye on those tric's if you are starting to see some amber now you know your getting close. When are you looking to harvest? How much amber you wanting to get?

Well, I was hoping to chop the rest of them down tonight but I've been encouraged enough now to focus mainly on how the trichs are so I go by them. The ones I cut last night had somewhat 50%+ amber and the plant(3) had turned purple so I decidet to put them down.
I want a proper couchlock:) and still kind a hoping that maybe they finally store weight in these last days..

ahh yes gotta love that good ol' couch lock high. Sounds like with almost 50% amber you will be there soon enough! So you are taking a hiatus from growing for a while after you finish this one up? Traveling for a while?

So you are taking a hiatus from growing for a while after you finish this one up? Traveling for a while?

Something like that yes. I'm a homeless traveller and it's time to leave. In the light of this new information I just got next grow will be in couple of months time but far from here on the southern hemisphere. Change from arctic to tropic, nice:D!

:48:

rite on sounds like a change is just what you are looking for,, wish you luck on your travel my friend!

Parcero...I want to go to the southern hemisphere...it's too dang cold here! Your almost done...I like my weed at 25 to 50% amber...but I like a head high..I usually do it a little at a time, some at 25-30% some at 50% and the reast at 75%...the stuff that is mostly amber i give to my brother...he likes to be laid back. That stuff sure looks good to me...do you have a way to weigh that cola you took a picture of? I was just wondering if you were expecting it to weigh like an apple or something...cause it sure looks good!

Thanks for visiting lordhighlama and legalize_freedom

Yes, IMO too they look good aswell and I can tell you they taste good and come with potent, hold no weight. I bought a proper scale and that cola in the pics was only something around 65g+, so quite light.

I discovered like a dead patch in one of the main colas. Died piece of bud, dry and brown and looking like it was spreading onwards. I chopped it down, found no bugs, or mold, found nothing.

Checked them trichs again and again, morning and evening and not yet.

It's day 75 flora, but I have no pic now, sorry.

Hi,

That's some very nice looking bud Parcero! :eek: I like Legalize Freedoms method... For me when to harvest comes down to watching for a point of diminishing returns in the flowering growth. Some strains keep putting on the new clear trichs and white pistils until the end but if you watch for when the vast majority of trichs are cloudy and you have your desired percentage of amber trichs you'll be harvesting your plant at the peak of potency. The more amber you wait for the more couchlock and sedating your bud will be.

Peace!:cool:

65 grams doesn't sound that light for that bud... seems relatively normal for a cola that size to me.

lordhighlama said:
65 grams doesn't sound that light for that bud... seems relatively normal for a cola that size to me.[/quote

Thats what I'm thinking to...could it be possable that maybe you are expecting more weight, than is generally achieved? That was what I meant when I said that about weighing the same as an apple...or any piece of fruit for that matter...maybe your expectations are too high?? I think 65g is very fair weight for one cola!

Anyone seen or heard from Parcero? I hope all is okay...he said something about moving, and then pooof he was gone.

ya I hope he was able to harvest before he vanished. But last we heard from him he was afraid he might not be able to. :(

hope all is ok for you parcero!

Alive!!!!

I'll tell you all about in no time. Please wait an other day.

Viruses and stuff

Bom

Right on folks, lots of thing has happened in a months time. Dont really know where to start but I try to keep it short.

One day at the end of the grow when them girls seemed like never to ripe and had been without proper nuting for over a month except the little I gave them some days back I felt that I need to feed them good and I did.
Man did they love it! Nearly 11weeks of flowering and every bud had new growth on it and they were at they prime. My hopes where skyhigh again!

My earlier complains and worries of them buds being light were based on slightly incorrect experiences and stuff like that. Seen buds heavier and of course I wanted those kind aswell. Also the the buds and couple of main colas I chopped down earlier where clearly not ready and didnt manage to hold on the weight as they dried, they lost almost 80% of the weight. So with this info i worried the rest to be same. You were right legalize_freedom, I expected too much but was also about to discover a great development and triumph.

Now, excatly at day 77 of flowering I was making a joint from that dried out brown spot I discovered from plant number 4 earlier and a tiny bloody seed fell to the mixing bowl! So thats it, f*** thrics turning amber anymore, hope I'm not too late already! So down they have to come at once and that night turned into harvesting. Luckily the only other person outside of this forum was around and we trimmed them all happily untill small hours!

Man there was a lot of weed! What a glorious sight!And now to the best part, they held weight when they dried!!!!! Yeehaa, I did it! I grew succesfully very nice marijuana plants from seeds. I'm happy indeed.
17 plants fed with biobizz nutes and one without, the Rent only water for her, just over 2,2sqr meters, 24sqr feet or so and it yielded dry over 1,2kg!
I say not too bad for a first time grower and worrier,huh?

Now theres a beach right next to me and sun is shining. On my way to the next growing location, already quite near the equator line but not below it yet. Time to chill, got some local sativa yesterday!

BOM!:48:

:woohoo: :clap:

glad to hear you were satisfied with the end result. Also good to see you around again. Sounds like the move was successful.

Take care... :ciao:

:holysheep: You must have a huge suitcase ;)

Glad to hear you pulled in a bumper crop :farm:

Enjoy the beach dude :cool:

Latest posts

Back