1st grow ever, 18 NL girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parcero

Viajero
Reaction score
Ok, this is my first grow and first journal, I was advised to do this journal so I will. Started germinating around 7.8.09. The first wee was NOT GOOD for the plants, I didnt have a place ready to grow yet so they moved around a lot and got too little light. So they became a bit long and lanky. 12 or 13.8 finally at the grow place and under one 150w hps. Too close, a bit yellowed so I swap them under fluoros. Also around this date I changed them to bigger pots. For week they were in shock I guess because nothing really happened. Now starting 21 or 22.8 they started growing again, exept couple are still a bit shy but the rest show progress again. Now they are under two 150w hps, 2feet above and some fluoros on the side aswell. I have one more 150w hps and one 400w hps ready to use but dont really know should I use the 400w hps yet? Temp is around 20-25 celsius, depending on the fan. I keep the fan on all the time but I made some adjusts today so the temp is not steady yet. Got heaters aswell if I need to raise the roomtemp. I have as much room as I need and later I will pot them in to big meatboxes, two each and try to get four 400w hps lapms to do the job. When in meatboxes area will be around 3,5-4 square meters. My grow room is in the shed and I´m expecting a lot of bugs when weather gets more cold. I appreciate all instruction,tips, knowlege what you good people can give me in all phases of this one. I bought 3 bottle set of Biobizz nutes, they were recomended to me. Havent started the nutes yet. Today my average lady is about 12-15 cm and have 3 sets of leaves. I was already a bit worried because of the small size and little leaves but my hopes are up again for this progress in last few days. ?? Be well, all of you

Hey Parcero, you need to throw up some pics so we can see whats going on. Sounds like you're ready to go. If you don't already have one, make sure you get a ph tester.

HazeMe

Yes, pics. But as it happens at the moment I dont have a camera and I lost that cord to transfer pics from my phone.
I understand that it´s difficult to help without seeing whats going on but pics will follow, latest next week.

Now las night there was some progress, very small and slow but some anyway and my spirits are up.

I put a silver tarp around them to reflect light better, been watching heaps of pics and if everybody else has I wanted one aswell.

Last night the temp was 22, I put a heater on this mornig to raise it a bit.
Also the tarp might store some heat so got to check it now during the day.
I also lowered the 150w hps lamps, they were over 2" I measured and are now at 2".
Them lamps have glass cover so they wont heat that much so I´m thinking to but them even lower but not sure yet?? And dont know if I should start with the 400w hps yet or wait a bit more.

Few of them got first set of "whole" leaves out, you know with full 5(how do you call it?). Might wait a bit more before starting with nutes.

Soil is so slow to grow I see now and anyways I think I´m a week or 1,5 behing because of that first terrrible week, then the lamp too close and then too early potting but I´m optimistic again. Pacientemente.......

Thanks for reading and all advises are welcome, more tips I suppose when I get them pics.

Bom!

So..

Yesterday I changed them two 150w hps to one 400w hps. I dont really know how far above it should be. I placed it 3feet above, lowered it today couple of inches and this is what I´m planning to do untill the right heigt seems to be found.
Do you know?

Anyways yhe girls looks better everyday and I´m happy. I can actually smell them when I enter the room.

For pics, takes few days more I guess. I went to get a camera on thursday morning, came back yesterday with out a camera. Somehow I ended up drunk with my friends and with lot of people I dont know. Results, massive hang over, half shaved head(? very good idea) and feels like a broken rib and for sure no camera and no money...

Also started with nutes yesterday

Bom!

Lights can get as close to the plants as you can comfortably. Put your hand up close and see distance when it starts to get too warm.

:rofl:

sorry bout the hair though

..."3.5-4 sq mtr".. thats close to 40 sq ft.
A 400 watt hid is only sufficient light for approx 1 sq meter or 10 sq ft.

Ya man, they´re still in about 1sqm. When I pot to bigger I put more lamps.
I was planning to put total four 400w hps lamps

Ok, cool
I click scales, I approve and then to that little line I write my name or where?

Them ladies are growing nicely, seems to me.
Room temp stays between 22c and 27c.
Humidy around 52.
400w hps is on 2 feet above , I shall lower it today a bit more.
fan is on.

I should change them in to those bigger containers. Waiting to get some more soil and need two more lamps after that aswell. When I place them all in big containers right side by side the area will be just under 2,5 sqr meter. Fine for a while but I think/hope they´re gonna grow much bigger and I might need to separate them boxes a bit later on.

What a shame I still dont have any camera.
Thanks everyone for reading and tips, eventually I might learn to grow and use this forum.

Bom!

Right

been away for a while

status update in oder I suppose.

All ladies been poted for the last time in to big containers.
Now I have three 400w hps lamps and 2x120cm + 2x60cm fluoros aswell now.
Plants are in area of approx. 2.2square meter, the room itself is bigger but I shall put them tarps around to make it a bit smaller. Light should be enough now, right?

I´have two fans to create wind now but the temperature is still getting a bit high and I´m trying to solve that problem now. Humidy is no longer a problem I have a humidifier(?how do you call that thing in english) now.
I do need better ventilation, at the moment I have one in both, in and out and them blow/suck somewhat 50l per hour and I think it´s not enough. True?
Some of the ladies were turning a bit yellow? I potted them again and havent started nutes yet and they look ok now but I have to start nutes tomorrow again. Hopefully they can take them now better. If not I have a problem to solve...

What else, cant think now, lost my concentration and I´m out of smoke, mierda.

Tommorrow I shall post some pics, not too good quality but better than none. I tried it earlier but there was some problem with the server few days ago so I could not.

That drunken episode where I ended up shaving half of my head gave me a broken rib aswell :eek:. Ha haa, how to blame if not me? The girl who wont the wrestling match?

Untill tomorrow then.
Be well, be safe.

Bom

cant wait to see the pictures your english is awesome!

Right

The room temperature is getting way too high and that is causing a problem I have to solve. Dont know yet how but I must find a way. Autumn is arriving north so that might drop it a bit but it might be too slow and I dont want to boil me ladies. It´s pushing over +30celsius

As I guessed theres problem with sizing these pics and because of that I cant post all of them. Dont know how to resize these pics, dont know how to use PCs. I have looked the instructions how to do it but still cant. Cant install picasa for some reason and my opinion about PCs gets stroger by minute; only reasonable thing you can do with these things is to throw them out from the window. I´m a mac user without mac at the moment...

So if you can see the pics you´ll see my plants and part of the growing room and now I would like to ask your opinion about what I´m thinking of doing. The walls are covered in styrofoam and is on the back side 60cm away from those containers and 70cm on the other side wall and I was thinking to put a silver tarp around right next to the plants. Is this going to do any good reflecting light wise or just a waste of time and effort. White walls 60cm away or silver tarp right next to?

Thank you for reading and tips.

Bom!

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Ok, two more new pics taken this morning.
Heat is still a problem and the weather is surprisingly warm. No can do.

In what temp. they get stressed because of the heat?

Last night I ended up sitting in my growroom reading, doors wide open, fans blowing cool air from outside. Cant do that too much day time, I´m having annoying visitors, what looks like everyday now and it sucks.
Cant really tell them not to come, it´s their house after all:eek:!

I decided against ro put that tarp over there, at least now. I had it earlier when they were smaller and it was really complicated to nurse them. Now better with more space. Might put it later...

To me they look good, considering what they been through. Few are still a bit behind grow wise from the other but maybe they pick up later.

Cheers

Bom!

111.jpg

222.jpg

And forgot to ask; I need to do a bit of painting in the room, is it ok?

Thanks

Hello again

My girls are growing nicely and quite fast aswell IMO.
I have to lift lamps everyday and I dont mind about it:)
Room temp. still get s a bit too high but I cool it down few times a day by keeping the door open to fresh air.
Also gettin couple of long fluoros more just to put on the side to give light from down aswell. They're coming bushy, nice.

Few pics more, finally got proper camera.

Bom!

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

So, Girls are growing nicely I think.

Got two new fluoros yesterday, both with 2x150cm tubes . Totally now I have 3x400hps, 2x120cm fluoro, 2x50cm fluoro and 4x150cm fluoro in 2.25Sq meters or 24sq foot. Fluoros on the side or between bushes for lower parts and some more fuoros to come.:)

Somethings wrong I guess, some lower leaves are turning yellow and then withers, dry out, dies and thats it. I tought that maybe it´s lack of light because they´re quite bushy and it's only the lower ones but I'm not that sure anymore. Or is it normal that some old ones usually just withers away?
Otherwise they seem heathy to me.
Water PH is always 6,5-7 when I water and little nutes once a week. One without nutes and same thing. Not in all plants have this yellowing thing going on.
If you can share your wisdom or opinion what this might be, please do so. Much appreciated.
:confused::confused::confused:

Biggest one is aprox.50cm and smallest just under 40cm. I shall give few more days more 24light and then start flowering.

Bom

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

It looks from the pics that all the yellowing leaves are on the bottom of the plant, right? If that's the case, then I wouldn't worry about it. What are your temps? the tops are reaching for the lights (like they should), but I see alot of the foliage drooping. I see that you had temps at 30c+, I would think that the drooping is caused by the heat. Did you get the heat under control?

But, other than that they look good.

Yes, only the lower leaves gets like that and tops reaches to the light.
I'm still strugling a bit with the heat, I more or less manage to kept the temp under control on tops but the at the bottom it does stay too high. On top of the plants, 40cm under hps average is +26-27celsius but unfortunately most time at the bottom around +30 to even 32!! No good. But enough ******* around with this gear what I have now, looks like it's not enough so got to get something more. On tuesday I go and get this ventilation unit what is buil to do a whole house by it self so that should do the trick in that single room. Lets see.

Thank you mistisrising

Bom

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

Latest posts

Back