1st grow ever, 18 NL girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the temps are varying at different levels in your room, then you should put a fan on the floor to mix up the air vertically. And, how do you defy physics by keeping the heat low? Heat naturally rises, so how does it stay hotter below? I would imagine that it's hot high and low, and the lower temps at canopy height mean the only fan is at that level. So, unless a more experienced indoor grower has a better idea, I would put a fan on the floor, and put in the ventilation you were talking about.

looking good even with the high temps but you need to get them down...heat stress is no joke...plants might look good but who knows how the heat will impact your male to female ratio...as well as impact your yield down the line....

Ok, I've been turning fans around again, changing position and done what I can at the moment so lets see. It is mind bogging how the temps are like that but I had 5 thermometers in that room changing them all around to see it them meters are lying but still the same -> too hot I see. I got home made HPS lamps so theres not any kind of cooling system on them so my biggest fan is blowing straight at them so that might alter ( and most likely is)the temp on those thermometers that are at the top levels.
I had fluoros in between the plants so maybe that was one of the factor aswell to what has happend to me girls but I took them of now untill tomorrow.

So now, I have a 15km walk to the bus stop, good bus ride ahead aswell to pick up that big ventilator, bus back and very same 15km walk with that big ventilator back but I have to do it ASAP and I should get back here tomorrow.

Thanks for the advises mistisrising and Hamster Lewis, I sure dont want my expensive fem.seeds turn in males and ruin this thing up. I keep trying, I want to succeed.

Bom!

Back after 28h trip with the new duct fan.
Just istalled it and now waiting for the result and see if it work. Hope so!
Girls had grown again:) and it was hot again:cry:. I think I star flowering tomorrow or day after.

And finally, a Friend of mine helped me out with some nice bud!
Demasiado tiempo sin.
Any one :48:?
Boom Shankar!

It did work! The temperature came down!!!!:). So if the yellowing stops that was it and I'm off the hook on this one and hopefully nothing more shows up.
If. Lets see.

Couple of pics I took just now.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Unfortunately lowering the heat didn't do the job, some leaves are still yellowing. Shame. And not just the very lower leaves but a bit higher aswell. Got to start surfing and finding the answer to that one.
Without knowing too much of this I think it's the soil. I bough regular but good quality blacksoil BUT I didn't add any sand on in and later on I realised that I should have. The soil gets compressed and form a hard layer on top. I already once broke that layer and refilled the containers on top, they were compressed about inch bellow the edge. Maybe this is it, maybe nutrition, maybe something else, but what?

Otherwise they look good to me and by lowering the temp they seem to look a bit more perky:).
They're still vegging, last day and tonight I give them the first night. Few are already quite big, somewhat 65cm and if they double on flowering period I should have some big bushes here.

If you know by the look of the pics whats up with this yellowing, please share your thougts.

Bom!

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

I would not worry too much about the yellowing. Plants are big and light penetration is not the best with flouros and a small hps. Is your hps still 2 feet above plant? If so, get it closer, i have mine 15-20 cm from the tops (that's about 1/2-2/3 foot), but i don't think that's the problem. If your pH is what you say it is, i would guess N def (but i think i also spotted some P def in one pic). If you have nutes they contain N, try raising the amount you give. But used coffee grounds is rich in N, i know people use mody coffee in organic grows. I guess you could put a small amount on top of the soil before you water and let it slip into the soil with the water. Don't know how much though, but i'm sure someone can help you if you want to try.

Oh, i've also heard that you should NOT put sand in your soil. That turns into cement and you don't want that. Get some perlite instead, dirt cheap. But i really don't think that's related to your problem either.

Hope you sort it out/
k

EDIT: Added a pic of N def, does it resamble your plant?

ANOTHER EDIT: Checked your thread in the sick plant section. You should meassure the pH of water coming out of the pot (aka runoff). THAT should be about 6,8 or so. You lock out N when pH is low. Don't remember how low though. And do not water too often, constant soaking will lower pH among other bad things that will happen to your soil. Let it dry out good before watering again, It will not die instantly if it gets a bit wilted from dehydration. Soon you will know when to water to avoid dehydration and overwatering.

1134Nitrogen-Billybob2.jpg

Thanks Kebnekajse

No, my lamps are 40cm above now.
From where I bought my nutes and asked what kind of amounts to use on this kind of soil the guy noted me that this soil will get hard without added sand and ofcourse that was already after I potted them.
So, dont know yet what to do with this thing.
Have to find more info about this very soil I'm using before my next step.
And yes, some of those leaves in that pic looks like some of mine.

Started flowering just now. Might keep one in veg. untill my mate comes and takes clone from it.

Very problematic grow, almost scared every morning thinking what can happen next.
Had some problems earlier with yellowing leaves. Turned out high ph on soil, run-off 7,5-8,5, tried flushing, no good. Turned out as I was expecting it was the soil, too hard, compressed to cement so now I've repotted all my plants now and have to tell you repotting half a meter plants is a pain, big time.Lost plenty of roots...:eek:.I had couple of other threads going on considering these problems so this was on a break. Finally when I thought everything is in order I had a power failure and plans were in cold and darkness for 20h and that was already second time during this short flowering time when the light/darkness cycle got messed up. First one I did on purpose, had to change it, too many univited guest all day long so I changed it from 6pm to 6am, to midnight to noon and now it's 8pm to 8am.
So I dont really know how to count these flowering days because of those incidents. First morning anyway was 25th sep.
I suppose that repotting puts me back for two weeks but it´s done now. They seem to pull through this one, yellowing stopped and new grow shows aswell.
Lucky me if they dont come out as hermies, all 18 showing female sex btw.

Lets see what future brings on me and to this grow.

Be well, be safe.

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

Day 14 flora

They started growing more height again after last weekends repotting/rootrape. Good.
Highest pushing over 90cm already.

If I foliar feed only with mg, which amounts?
Founded really different amounts.
Monday is my nute day but I dont want to put a mixture of 4 different things to my water so I decidet I shall give them a bit of mg via leaves.

IMG_1626.JPG

Don't feed your plants by spraying the leaves! It doesn't work, you'll end up burning your plants. Just feed the soil.

HazeMe

P.S. Those babies are looking good!

I'm glad you like them:) and ooooops I also sprayed them with magnesium sulfate:eek:.

And the thing what I've been very scared to find...I might just have found it...
I do NOT know how the flowers start to form but I'm very worried that this might be a VERY bad thing to discover after seeing some nice flowers already appearing. I hope I'm wrong but is this a sing of a ladyboy?????:confused:

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

I dont think so.

Do the rest look like that?

I think thats normal.

Added one 100w hps, or is it 150w I dont remember to one corner. Two girls were a bit far away in different shape pots.

Now I run with
3x400w hps
1x100w hps (or150W?)
8x 58w fluoro tubes 150cm long

I've been thinking getting one more 400w hps and remove that small hps or just throw 1 or 2 those small hps ones more. I have the small ones lying around useless. Dont really know if I gain anything with those, except more electric bill.
Growarea is 2,3sqr meters = 24sqr feet

Added some pics taken just now

Be well and thanks for dropping by.

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

Beautiful garden! I'm in awe! I'd love to see that whole room full of resin-oozing buds :).

Latest posts

Back